Will Amir Khan fight again ?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by ipitythefool, Sep 28, 2017.

1. ipitythefool

ipitythefool Prediction ? Pain Full Member

Mar 17, 2017
    Genuinely interested in people's views.

Other than BJS hilariously calling out Khan no one else is that keen on fighting him and Khan himself isn't really making an effort, as far as I can see, to come back.

He's 18 months+ out, has no ranking and on top of his crystal chin his hand doesn't look in great shape. He also must surely know (although his levels of delusion are impressive) that there are much stronger fighters at WW/LWW now and the chances of getting a title are slim.

I don't see the Brook fight ever happening as both fighters have lost their star appeal. And I don't think there are any other big fights there now.

I used to be a Khan fan as I like fighters with speed and he has amazingly fast hands but mismanagement and delusion in his ability has really undermined his career. I know he has recently said he will come back and win a title but he says alot of things and I'm struggling to see where he goes now. I wonder if he might call it a day once/if reality kicks in.

He may be able to make decent money commentating. Even though he talks a lot of twaddle some people seem to like him.

2. ryuken87

ryuken87 Active Member Full Member

Mar 8, 2014
    I think he'll need the money eventually.

Scyson likes this.
  3. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    I actually think Khan is ok as an analyst. He has a terrible accent and poor diction but his analysis tends to be spot on. IIRC he was one of the very few who predicted Fury would beat Wlad. I don't mind him in the studio and he seems well liked and respected by his peers.

I'm not going to comment on his actual boxing career because I consider him an inactive retired boxer right now. Until he has a fight scheduled I refuse to talk about him fighting because there's been too many let downs.

ipitythefool likes this.
  4. Ty577

Ty577 Member banned Full Member

Aug 13, 2017
    Brook fight will happen,it was saved for a scenario like this where the fight can happen as a cashout.People will buy it,as you saw with Haye Bellew trashtalking and fake rivalry will make people wanna buy it.However i believe with Khan Brook their is genuine hate from both the parties.They will both have warm up fights then i believe it will happen in 2018/summer or winter.

Northadox likes this.
  5. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
    No one cares
    He is irrelevant and the brook fight is meaning and worthless at this point

Skype's favourite poster boy
    The odds of Skype being on his shorts as a sponsor ummmmmm

Scyson likes this.
  6. liger1992

liger1992 Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 29, 2015
    He will be his finished at the very top level of the sport.

7. ashishwarrior

Apr 19, 2010
    Make the eggington fight

Scyson and N17 like this.
  8. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    I do think the Brook fight will happen, at some point anyway, probably as a cashout last fight for both.
    Until then i can see 1 or 2 fights before that. Hes still a name!

9. ashishwarrior

Apr 19, 2010
    British public giving their money away for rotten eggs past there well by date
    You all understand value drops dramatically on houses cars and fights
    The a55 as fell out of the brook fight

10. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Bro with all due respect you said Amir is no longer relevant yet you've already dropped three posts about him in this thread. Lol. I know you don't like him but it's not that deep.

Plaza likes this.
  11. ashishwarrior

Apr 19, 2010
    How relevant is pirog or football peter schmicheal there still talked about don't make them relevant on the big stage though
    Its done anything from here on in as no merit its just sound off trying to hang on to a shred of relevance

12. Ty577

Ty577 Member banned Full Member

Aug 13, 2017
    I dislike khan but he is still a attraction,if he is irrelevant,then Kell Brook definitely is both have made stupid choices fighting canelo,golvokin,spence.They are both leftovers and easy money for opponents.

13. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
  14. zulander

zulander Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 17, 2006
    Are they recognizable names? Yes. Can the fight be sold to the public. Yes
    So Brook Khan is still very much alive. Its just do the fighters want it enough. Khan will probably take a tune up before xmas/early next year and then i wouldn't be surprised to hear murmurings of the fight being made.

If khan wants to get back to the top he will have earn it and there are too many bangers around for that to happen but with his personal life going the way it is I can see him having to fight long past his sell-by date a bit like Shane Mosley.

15. alpo1

alpo1 #TeamShanny Full Member

Dec 10, 2005
    If he wants a last run before retiring he should move away somewhere by himself and live a spartan life without all this khandashian bs. His best option would be to go crawling back to roach and get ariza and ariza shakes/or momo heredia back to condition his body and punch resistance to 100%.