Will Billy Joe Saunders ever box again?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by iamthegreatest, Dec 5, 2022.

1. Bob Flaps

Bob Flaps Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 30, 2019
    And one of the least likeable people in the sport. He had to be an effective boxer to get anywhere but not an entertaining one.

mcvey, Gareth Priest and Heisenberg like this.
  2. Astro

Astro Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2021
    BJS is / was an incredibly skilled boxer, but he sells no tickets and draws no viewers.

How many people will buy a DAZN subscription to see Billy Joe Saunders make a comeback ?

Donald Donaldson likes this.
  3. smoking mirrors

smoking mirrors Active Member Full Member

Jan 14, 2023
    Billy Joe worked his career plan to perfection - avoid Golovkin, and string along his career to cash out with a Canelo payday. he made one misstep with the nasal spray, but Uncle Frank soon gifted him another title in a cold stadium in Stevenage.

pow and destruction like this.
  4. LeavemealoneKoooogs

LeavemealoneKoooogs All hail his excellency Full Member

Apr 30, 2021
    At this point I hope not - he's missed the chance to reach the heights he could have reached. I try not to be a "Karen" in terms of judging the behaviour of others but he's also made it very very hard to support him the amount of bullying he's been caught doing on camera

Robney, Sap1en, Holler and 2 others like this.
  5. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    It was obvious that the loss to Canelo would lead to retirement.

He fell out of love with the sport a long time ago and was just doing it for money. Canelo showed that you don’t play at boxing and was a wake up call for him to get out whilst he still has his senses about him.

He won’t be back

hobby rider likes this.
  6. kobashi

kobashi Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Why did BJS feel the need to leak that small clip from his private phone call with Ben Shalom where he talks about Sky?

Class A idiot.

This content is protected

7. iamthegreatest

iamthegreatest Well-Known Member Full Member

May 4, 2020
    You gotta be real careful what you say to BJS. He's so unprofessional, he'll leak it to the whole world. Wouldn't trust him at all.

8. KletkoNetwork

KletkoNetwork I make YouTube videos. Full Member

Feb 17, 2021
    Had he have fought a guy like Canelo at age 27-28, I think he likely could have bounced back. I don't know a great deal about broken orbitals, but I've seen a few. I think it was a bit of cop-out that he didn't return to the ring and challenge himself. He was always content being a big fish in a small pond.

9. Punchdrunk1

Punchdrunk1 Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 2, 2019
    He's the prince Harry of the boxing world

iamthegreatest likes this.
  10. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    Digging out Dubois for quitting and then quitting on his stool with the same injury was his career defining moment.

Cobra33, Robney, Holler and 2 others like this.
  11. BXNG101

BXNG101 Active Member Full Member

Jun 9, 2018
    You know how boxing has a habit of making sht human beings, rich. Billy Joe is a classic example of that. I hope he never gets a big fight ever again.

mcvey likes this.
  12. DoubleG95Fanatic

DoubleG95Fanatic Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 25, 2021
    I would tbh, probably because I’m a brit and have found some of his clowning around antics funny, some of the build up to the Eubank Canelo Monroe fights were great and even the ones that never took place in the end like Andrade and that Georgian midget he kept called Danny Devito lol.

13. bladesman

bladesman Active Member Full Member

May 31, 2015
    I'd only want to see him get knocked out or humiliated like quitting on his stool. (again). Loudmouth bully who bored the public in the ring and was a dickhead out of it.

mcvey and djfonti like this.
  14. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    Maybe he should have another fight at Cruiserweight again

15. SeanB1

SeanB1 Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Sep 8, 2022
    he smacked a cousin of mine at a site when off his tits, man is a bully. He has two families on the go and it's ruining his life. He has a crippling coke problem. He is a cancer.

mcvey likes this.