Will Canelo get the credit he deserves when he TKOs GGG?!

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by El Chicano, Mar 27, 2017.

1. IsaL

IsaL VIP Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2006
    Canelo has fought a few big Jr MW that weigh in as SMWs on fight night.

The fighters that give him fits have been the smaller, more mobile fighters.

The heavier ones he's managed to chop down with ease.

Savagekat and drenlou like this.
  2. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    That's the video I posted! You like it huh? Lol

3. drenlou

Jan 22, 2015
    It's the movers who give him trouble. GGG moves in straight lines always looking to trap you on the ropes, I think once they fight, we'll see everything Canelo presents first hand, which will be his ability to move around the ring and give angles, an attribute many of his haters think isn't there.. lol... I don't expect to see anything different from GGG.

IsaL likes this.
  4. Madmink

Madmink Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 11, 2016
    I just posted it regard to what i said about his reaction to ggg calling him out.

5. drenlou

Jan 22, 2015
    I didn't see any reaction.. 9 seconds into the video you say?

6. Madmink

Madmink Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 11, 2016
    Yes

7. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Canelo went to distance with Trout, Lara and Mayweather 3 very defensively sound boxers, he lost to one, and struggled mightily and arguably lost to the other two. 1 a WW, the other 2 natural JMW's all 3 of which also happen to be featherfisted.

And Now.... GGG has had 1 razor close match that went the distance against a very defensively sound and skilled boxer, who happens to NOT be featherfisted. And also happened to be a Cruiserweight when he fought him.

....and from that you surmise Canelo KO's GGG.

Brilliant triangle theory El Chicano, pure genius.:rolleyes:

gold, BCS8 and N17 like this.
  8. baldbull

baldbull Active Member Full Member

Mar 14, 2009
    I'd go from thinking he was Canyello to Canhero. Seriously he'd make me a huge fan. Right now I think he's a ***** that threw his belts away instead of defending.

BCS8, titanic and Ant Sutton like this.
  9. Jimako

Jimako Active Member Full Member

Sep 13, 2016
    Canelo will beat GGG when they fight in 2019 or 2020. At that point GGG will be 38. He will get less credit.

10. drenlou

Jan 22, 2015
    Nah, no knockout as GGG has a great chin, which happens to be his best attribute. A legitimate Canelo decision victory is certainly not out of the question.

11. cuchulain

cuchulain VIP Member Full Member

Jan 6, 2007
    Well he is waiting, isn't he ?

He even gave up a belt, because, like Floyd with Pac, the time wasn't right.

If GGG comes into the ring on a wheel chair, how much credit should kid Canelo get ?

I would probably destroy Middleweight champ Nino Benvenuti if we fought. How much credit should I get for that ?

gold likes this.
  12. Farmboxer

Farmboxer VIP Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    El Pollo has no credit period. He will not fight Golovkin..............Oscar was not tricked by Golovkin taking it easy on the cruiserweight Jacobs. Golovkin could have knocked Jacobs out if he had wanted to. There was the knock down, but Golovkin later on in the fight hurt Jacobs with an uppercut and a left jab that staggered Jacobs, if not for the end of the round, Jacobs would have been knocked out. Golovkin had Jacobs hurt...............will El Pollo and the woman dresser Oscar be fooled? We will see, but don't count on it. Did Oscar have a sex change?

titanic likes this.
  13. Grinder

Grinder Dude, don't call me Dude Full Member

Mar 24, 2005
    Come on Canelo. Fight GGG. He is old.

titanic likes this.
  14. drenlou

Jan 22, 2015
    What kind of post is this? You've been trolling this site for 13 years plus now?

15. titanic

titanic Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 7, 2016
    I will give 100% credit to Canelo IF he even accept to fight GGG.
    Just accepting the fight instead of ducking /dropping the belt like he did before , will already be big credit in my book.

pincai likes this.