Will Fury fight Usyk?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Punchdrunk1, Mar 8, 2024.

1. Punchdrunk1

Punchdrunk1 Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 2, 2019
    After tonight's performance of AJ absolutely destroying Ngannou I wonder if Fury will get in the ring again?

His ego must have taken a battering over the last few months- He got beat up by Ngannou and scraped the victory. His mate Parker battered the mighty Wilder and then AJ has smashed Wallin and Ngannou.

He even got put in his place by Ngannou in his press conference a few days ago.

He's already tried his best to avoid/delay fighting Usyk. I don't think his fragile ego could cope with getting beat and the thought of facing Usyk, who has beat Joshua soundly twice, must have him shitting his pants.

I think all this talk of being a fighting man blah blah blah is fake and he is scared of losing to Usyk

Mitch87 likes this.
  2. kevin-novice

kevin-novice Active Member Full Member

Mar 19, 2016
    Who knows. Probably cut his other eye

3. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    I think win, lose or draw he needs to go through with it now regardless. People will accept if he loses and gives it his best. A loss will probably lead people down the path of ageing/bad lifestyle caught up with him or his career being queried as an element of smoke and mirrors. Something that could always be debated either way.

What people wont accept is avoiding it after all the talk/delays etc.

Personally think fury has too many natural advantages over usyk to get the win usyk giving away a lot away in terms of size/weight/length etc but everything recently is starting to point towards fury might not being as good as once thought.

Hopefully both turn up in good shape tho and the best man wins.

4. Punchdrunk1

Mar 2, 2019
    That's the problem I have with a lot of boxers these days.
    There is no shame in losing if you give a good account of yourself.

Your career isn't over if you suffer a loss- just look at Joseph Parker and AJ tonight.

But I think Fury's ego is so big that even though he has a massive size advantage over Usyk he is petrified of losing

5. BaronSamedi

BaronSamedi Active Member Full Member

Mar 9, 2015
    He's put himself in a bad position because even if he does manage to scrape past usyk then he has to face his arch nemesis AJ. Who looks better than ever and will likely beat him which would hurt his ego more than a usyk loss

phil rowe, Scissors and Fireman Fred like this.
  6. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    The Saudi boy Turki and his pals will gang bum him if he doesn’t.

Wizbit1013, Scissors, Beale and 3 others like this.
  7. catchwtboxing

catchwtboxing Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    The reality is that a guy who lost twice to Usyk just destroyed the man that humiliated Fury, and that is where we are.

Styles make fights, but there are styles, and levels, and Usyk is just playing on a different level. And I am not so sure that Fury walks in with a stylistic advantage against a southpaw who is capable of throwing almost a thousand punches in a fight in the first place. He ain't going to win it by throwing 12 more jabs. He is more likely to finish dozens of punches in the hole.

As for Fury not training for the Ngannou fight, training isn't going to do him any good. Years of yo-yo weight gain and loss, drug and alcohol abuse, PEDs, and very occasional hard fights have taken there toll. It is a medical fact that the weight fluctuations break down the muscles, and are terrible for the heart, liver and kidneys, and at some point, it actually becomes beneficial to keep the weight on.

And there's the cuts. that scar tissue doesn't heel.

No way in hell does Fury go through with this. There is going to be another manufactured injury, probably followed by a retirement announcement.

Mitch87, Scissors, joe91 and 2 others like this.
  8. UmarIFLUmar

UmarIFLUmar Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 8, 2021
    I said this in the main forum. There's no way in hell Fury is handing over the £10m no show fine to Usyk. He'd rather die.

Fireman Fred likes this.
  9. Sonny1

Sonny1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 11, 2013
    Agree with this.

10. Wig

Wig Boxing Addict Full Member

May 31, 2010
    He got in with eleven year undefeated super champion VLADD in his own backyard.
    He got in with Prime undefeated Wilder in his own backyard.
    He's fighting the feather fisted cruiserweight twice this year.

I think shot Fury roughhouses little USKY once, but not twice. I think they end up 1-1, but will make my official prediction during fightweek.

nilrem likes this.
  11. Kev2k83

Kev2k83 Active Member Full Member

Sep 30, 2023
    Fury will fight usyk no problem.

Like wig said he beat 11 year reigning champion in his backyard.

He also had to fight 3 eliminators to get the chance.

Then fought wilder 3 times in his back yard.

dId you see the shape he is in?

What I want to know is what are you impartial lol shills going to say if he beats him?

12. Punchdrunk1

Mar 2, 2019
    That's the only stumbling block for me.
    But knowing Fury he will find a way out of paying. How legal can the £10 million bet be?
    If there was a genuine reason (excuse)?

13. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Should be similar to a deposit for a house or other asset. Maybe the money is already in escrow.

Beale likes this.
  14. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    This content is protected

I'm sure Turki will see humour in this.

Tyson is a horrible horrible bloke.

15. Goodfella23

Goodfella23 Member Full Member

Oct 9, 2021
    What's he saying?

marro likes this.