Will Fury fight Usyk?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Punchdrunk1, Mar 8, 2024.

1. Sonny1

Sonny1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 11, 2013
    Ooohhhh how exciting, we are waiting with BATED BREATH for you to change your mind again on who wins, cover all possible bases so you can say you were right post fight. Complete twat.

You’ve already made your crappy prediction and said that Uysk has zero chance to win this fight, giving other posters grief who disagreed with you. Stand by it.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2024
  2. BigDoofus

BigDoofus Active Member Full Member

Apr 4, 2016
    Something about Teji (one of AJ’s jockstrap carriers) according to a lot of the posts on the tweet.

3. TheWorstEver(TWE)

TheWorstEver(TWE) Active Member Full Member

Sep 22, 2018
    No. They'll be another injury or whatever followed by another warm up fight then probably retirement.

4. Wig

Wig Boxing Addict Full Member

May 31, 2010
    I'll make my official prediction on fight week, you'll get a notification pop up on your phone same as normal. Relax.

5. Manning

Manning Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 6, 2011
    Looking at Fury's current weight (not a fat b@stard) then you'd think he's taking it serious and the fight should go ahead. But I've long since learned that Fury could bottle it at any moment and pull out of the fight. I'm 50/50 i goes ahead.

6. Cookiedough

Cookiedough Active Member Full Member

Feb 18, 2020
    The fight will happen. If Fury didnt want it, why would he be dropping loads of weight and training. Fury is taking this seriously because he needs to, and he knows how hard its going to be. I sided with Fury for the win some time ago, but am wobbling a bit now. I feel he will have to do a lot of leaning on and mauling to break the Usyk flow. Usyks an awesome fighter but i think the size, movement and fiddling tactics of Fury makes this fight really tough to win. But, Furys opposition thus far, has not been anywhere near the fighter Usyk is. I just hope if Fury does win, its not like he did against Klitschko.

zulander likes this.
  7. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    All the past his best talk, he's younger than Usyk, it's a question of how much you want it, no excuses, the best man wins.

8. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
  9. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    Alright Groves

Sonny1 likes this.
  10. CASEMIRO78

CASEMIRO78 New Member Full Member

Oct 1, 2023

so boring

Sonny1 likes this.
  11. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    So the fight looks like it’s happening and I’m delighted to hold my hand up and say I was wrong because I genuinely didn’t think Fury would ever step into the ring against Usyk.

Not changing my prediction though. I think Usyk wins and knocks down Fury at least. Seeing a lighter Fury makes me even more confident that Usyk can actually knock out Fury.

12. Beale

Beale Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 13, 2023
    Fight week at last and encouraging that both are in Saudi.

Hopefully Fury does not pull a late injury as he has form in the past.

Let the chess match begin and I am beginning to favour Usyk more and more as we get close to the fight.

I have ruled out Fury's chances in the past and hope I am wrong again.

CutThroatFade and Punchdrunk1 like this.
  13. Punchdrunk1

Punchdrunk1 Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 2, 2019
    I was thinking the same, a lighter Fury seems more stoppable.

Really looking forward to seeing how the fight pans out but at the moment I'm fancying Usyk for the late stoppage. He can't afford to let it go to the judges scorecard.

Usyk clearly winning but it ending as a draw wouldn't suprise me either.

But then again Fury could prove me wrong. Anything can happen at heavyweight

Beale and CutThroatFade like this.
  14. alpo1

alpo1 #TeamShanny Full Member

Dec 10, 2005
    Thanks to his Eminence Turki Alasheikh for making this fight happen.

Only promoter in the world with the power to keep the gypsy mob behaving.

Beale likes this.
  15. zulander

zulander Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 17, 2006
    I can see Fury hitting the deck - it's keeping him there that's the problem.
    Fully expect Fury to use what could be a 3 stone-weight difference and make it as ugly as possible to negate Usyks speed and movement.
    I don't think it will be a classic by any stretch. If it's a pure boxing match Usyk will win but if Fury can turn it into a scruffy brawl he will get the win.

Terminator and Beale like this.