Will Fury receive the AJ treatment in the UK?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by ButeTheBeast, Oct 9, 2021.

1. ButeTheBeast

ButeTheBeast Well-Known Member Full Member

May 27, 2012
    It's time for the British press and fans to treat Fury as numero uno.

moog, Accurate and ChiefSupport like this.
  2. write_mem

write_mem New Member Full Member

Nov 15, 2015
    Most probably not, and if the media suddenly wanted to make a bit deal of him he'd more than likely reject them based on how they were in 2015

3. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Everyone does.

4. sniffmybadger

sniffmybadger Handsome Beef Cake Full Member

Jan 20, 2010
    He's got a lot of UK fans, but he didn't have the Sky hype machine and inactivity has been an issue up until now.

5. themaster999

themaster999 Active Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2015
    Lynx Gypsy ?
    Lucozade Morecambe ?

That sorta thing you mean ?

6. Murderers' Row

Murderers' Row Active Member Full Member

Apr 23, 2020
    This

7. Trafford

Trafford Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    Issue you have is due to past actions and comments it’s tough for and brands to back him as they need a clear image to enable them to spend millions.

8. Willis Brown

Willis Brown Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    I totally respect Tyson Fury he proved once again his fighting spirit but if I were marketing guru I would wonder what he could endorse ?

DarkHorse901 and Liverpool82 like this.
  9. destruction

destruction Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Will the media give him credit where credit is due?

Of course not

They didn’t give him any credit after beating Wlad and instead went into witch hunt mode over comments he was recorded as saying.

Fury will never get respect from the U.K. media

10. BXNG101

BXNG101 Active Member Full Member

Jun 9, 2018
    I don't even think its that to be honest.

How well known is Josh Taylor? How much credit/adulation has he gotten after his undisputed win.

I'm my opinion it's purely to do with him not being with Sky all the way through his career, not having the Sky marketing machine behind him and him not having a very smart management team to go out and market him into a British heavyweight colossus.

I don't think Fury would want that though. With all that adulation/money comes responsibility to your sponsors/paymasters and constant arselicking which he doesn't do.

He was with Fat Mick before. Come on. He was bloody hopeless.

Holler likes this.
  11. bladesman

bladesman Active Member Full Member

May 31, 2015
    No.

For starters Fury can barely speak English ( guess he left school at 11 like his daughter?) . He doesn't look as good. He talks nonsense and contradicts himself every 30 words and he's got some very iffy world views that no brand will want to stand behind.

Only 15k there last night.

However a fight v Whyte is obvious stadium filler in the UK...

All these things added up

DarkHorse901 likes this.
  12. Bob Flaps

Bob Flaps Member Full Member

Mar 30, 2019
    It would be the ultimate slap for AJ if he signed up to DAZN only for Tyson to end up on Sky and get the full hype machine behind him. Whyte might be the most likely next fight but it's on Tyson's terms now.

Holler likes this.
  13. Jolly Roger

Jolly Roger Active Member Full Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Tbh I never see anyone whining about some people not liking Joshua. Fury on the other hand, it really seems to upset some people that not everyone is a fan.

DarkHorse901 and Scissors like this.
  14. I Shot JR

I Shot JR Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 17, 2012
    Isn’t he locked into a deal to fight in the US for the forseeable future? Him and Whyte fighting at 4am UK time would be farcical for British fans. I also think any undisputed fight would with Usyk take place where the most money is aka Saudi Arabia.

These factors all play into Fury’s popularity in the UK. I hope I’m wrong but I don’t think he ever boxes in the UK again.

DarkHorse901 likes this.
  15. Unforgiven

Unforgiven Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Every man, woman and child on the street who has any interest in boxing regards Fury as the best. It's been like that for some time.
    The 70,000 or 80,000 fans who turn up in stadiums to support AJ regard Fury as the best.
    The thousands who would come out and support AJ against Fury also regard Fury as the best.

AJ is this era's Frank Bruno. He's popular, people come out to support him. He has a broad appeal. He doesn't need to be the best. People know he's not the best, but they like him and wish him all the best.

Fury is popular too, but even if he wasn't, he's known to be the best. Just like Lennox Lewis was, the best in the UK, and in the world.