Will Fury v Wilder PPV Numbers be disclosed?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by CJH, Oct 22, 2018.

1. CJH

CJH Member Full Member

Jan 6, 2016
    Can we be sure that the Fury v Wilder PPV numbers will be disclosed?

We know next to no details about their guaranteed purses for their fight. Their must be a non disclosure in place but im not sure why unless their guaranteed purses are small and they are relying on PPV sales.

This leads me to believe the PPV numbers will not be disclosed or will be altered.

I think Hearn has shot himself in the foot by setting benchmarks on the PPV numbers for this fight and negotiations for Wilder to fight AJ.

If (quite possibly) the fight does similar numbers to Kovalev v Ward 150k then will team Wilder actually let those numbers out to the public.

IF it does reasonably well but doesnt reach 800k-1mil is there a way the numbers can be altered or exaggerated.

Forgive me if im naive to how the PPV numbers disclosure works in the US as in the UK numbers dont necessarily have to be disclosed.

Is there an independent way to disclose in the US or will the numbers all be hearsay?

2. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Even if showtime don't disclose the industry will leak the numbers

minemax and Holler like this.
  3. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    But it will be a good indication of what SHO considered to be a success.

rorschach51 likes this.
  4. Puroresu_Fan

Apr 6, 2016
    True. Espinoza has already said he would he delighted with 400k so if showtime say nothing I will take it as it done less.

rorschach51 and Badbot like this.
  5. Nonito Smoak

Nonito Smoak Ioka>Lomo, sorry my dudes Full Member

Sep 8, 2010
    It will be an "estimated number." Something like "around 100k buys" with industry experts saying "rumor is approx 70k" or something like that.

rorschach51 likes this.
  6. Max Thunder

Max Thunder Proud member of the Cult of Vikings Full Member

Apr 25, 2017
    I surely hope so. PPV and compubox numbers are the only reason I follow the sport and if they are going to take that from me they might as well have the fight behind closed doors and never reveal who won.

Sampneb, rorschach51, Holler and 2 others like this.
  7. chico g

chico g What are you staring at Mr Trump?! hahaha! Full Member

Oct 18, 2008
    I hope not. Deontay needs that bargaining chip, for that 60 / 40 split. If the truth came out, we will never see that big stiff bodybuilder Joshua get starched out.

8. Ukansodoff

Ukansodoff Deontay plz stop ducking Joshua. Thank you. Full Member

Aug 7, 2010
    They may be leaked but they will only be released if they are great numbers. Same with the fighters contracts. If they were good they wouldn't have the confidentiality clause, anything to make hearn and Joshua look 2nd best. But they havnt cuz they are not as good as they are leading us to believe.

rorschach51 likes this.
  9. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    I'm thinking of launching a new service, DAZZZZZZZ. which streams live action spreadsheets which update in real time reflecting boxing revenues, liabilities and payments deferred until the new tax year.

Once tiresome irrelevant side issues like the boxing is taken out there's a lot more bandwidth available for the kind of granular analysis of medium and long term trends in consumer behaviour and potential impact on revenue.

10. minemax

minemax Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 10, 2017
    I think they will try to hide them, but I doubt that's possible — one way or another but the numbers (well, estimates, at least) will be known.

Vykus likes this.
  11. Vykus

Vykus ɹoolɟ ǝɥʇ ɯoɹɟ ʍǝᴉʌ ǝɥʇ Full Member

Feb 21, 2018
    If theres a non disclosure in regards to their purses, it isnt much. Thus likely there will be non disclosure in regards to PPV as well. I cant see how it will do well, poorly promoted (as usual), a month out and still no undercard even announced. Of the proposed undercard so far;
    Leo Santa Cruz - nope
    Gervonta Davis - nope
    Luis Ortiz - nope
    Joe Joyce - no opponent
    Chris Arreola vs TBA

Team Wilder needs a decent promoter/event coordinator, this is dismal for a PPV. Still have doubts if they even go through with the event.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
  12. Puroresu_Fan

Apr 6, 2016
    Not one undercard fight confirmed yet is a joke.

Vykus likes this.
  13. Vykus

Feb 21, 2018
    I think ill pass on this one and just catch the snoozefest highlights on you tube.

14. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Those supposed undercard matchups that leaked were rather naughty. There was supposedly about 5 top of he bill title fights / unifications. Whereas we may be left with whoever Haymon and Warren find hanging around their respective stables.

15. Vykus

Feb 21, 2018
    Arreola will be there for sure im California if it goes ahead. But against a Galen Brown type probably.