Will GGG duck Jermall?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by james5000, Oct 3, 2018.

Is GGG going to be a coward ducker???

Poll closed Oct 6, 2018.
  1. Yes

55.3%
  2. No

44.7%
  1. vnyc

vnyc Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Nov 8, 2009
    like canelo , or GGG will be asking you.

2. GK BOX

GK BOX Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 23, 2015
    Fair? The winner was ordered to fight Charlo. Now the WBC conveniently decides the loser of the bout to fight the dangerous contender.

3. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    The WBC are definitely protecting Canelo from Charlo , but thats not the discussion.
    The poll shows most people don't think Charlo is a dangerous contender , so whats the problem with GGG fighting him in order to get a 3rd fight?
    He got two Canelo paydays back to back. He has to earn the rubber match by beating somebody good.

4. GK BOX

Nov 23, 2015
    If Golden Boy says that GGG has to fight Charlo to get to Canelo, then it is what it is. But thats not what happened here. The WBC made this decision.

I'm sure Golden Boy would love nothing more than to fight GGG a 3rd time. They got the draw in the 1st fight, got the decision in the second. They made big money as the fight drew 3rd and 4th highest gate ever plus 1 million ppv buys. They know they can survive 12 rounds and in the second fight fought on even terms. In a 3rd fight most believe Canelo beats him and does it convincingly. So why risk the apple cart with a Charlo fight? If Charlo takes GGG out, that makes him a real threat but low reward. Canelo Charlo sells at best 600k ppvs, and a low gate.

For Golden Boy, GGG is now the highest reward for the lowest risk fight. GGG did his best the first 2 fights and never once had Canelo at risk of getting stopped. A 37 year old GGG will be ripe for the taking. Just my opinion

5. Jackomano

Jackomano Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 22, 2014
    This. Charlo has been too inactive and brings no money to the table. GGG has too many other better paying options at 160 for me to see him fighting Charlo.

Odins beard and lobk like this.
  6. dinovelvet

Jul 21, 2012
    I don't think GB cares about a rubber match. There's bad blood between them and the difficult negotiations is probably something they could do without.
    Canelo was a huge draw already and he'll be an even bigger one now. He doesn't need Golovkin.

I'd like to see GGG fight Charlo so thats why im arguing for it to happen.

7. dinovelvet

Jul 21, 2012
    I don't think he does. He's a contender now and was never that big of a draw by himself to begin with.

8. GK BOX

Nov 23, 2015
    If you ask me as a pure fan of course I want to see Ggg Charlo. I already saw ggg edging canelo twice. A 3rd fight canelo takes it definitively due to continuing decline.

My boxing brain says this ggg Charlo fight never happens. We already heard Sanchez trash the fight as Charlo “hasn’t fought no one”

Ggg will fight again after the new year expect a murata fight which to be completely frank I don’t care to see

PIRA and dinovelvet like this.
  9. Power_tek

Power_tek Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Sep 22, 2018
    typical WBC black magic. All the controversy/protection/dodgy score cards surrounding Canelo are ruining his career and legacy. He has unquestionably got serious talent but it's now become impossible to mention his name without questions being asked. I pity the fool, surely a fighters ultimate goal after earnings and titles, is that every win/decision is decisive and undisputable, and to be known above all else as an honourable fighter and a true worrior.

10. Power_tek

Power_tek Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Sep 22, 2018
    Voted yes he will duck.
    should be a 3rd option though...

should ggg sack the order and boycott the wbc.

11. yeyo monster

yeyo monster Boxing Addict Full Member

May 4, 2012
    Charlo kills ggg in the ring!

12. PIRA

PIRA Arise Sir Lennox. Full Member

Mar 30, 2007
    If Golovokin dances the WBC tune again then he deserves everything he gets IMO. Forget the alphabets and cash out with some marquee fights.

Odins beard likes this.
  13. BitPlayerVesti

BitPlayerVesti Boxing Drunkie Full Member

Oct 28, 2017
    He's not champion anymore, he can fight who he likes.

lewis gassed likes this.
  14. PIRA

PIRA Arise Sir Lennox. Full Member

Mar 30, 2007
    I don't believe that Golovkin just winning this would actually get Canelo mandatory. IMO WBC actions speak louder than words.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
    Odins beard likes this.
  15. 22JM

22JM Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 10, 2016
    Lmfao and what did Vanes do???