Will Golovkin ever get Knocked out?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by JordanK2406, Sep 6, 2021.

1. JordanK2406

JordanK2406 Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 27, 2017
    Or even legitimately knocked down

always imagined him as someone who cant be hurt honestly, feels like someone with a chin of steel but

2. Scott Cork

Scott Cork Active Member Full Member

Feb 3, 2021
    No Hagler and Lamotta level durability. His stamina is also very good.

Ivan28 and oldcanvasback like this.
  3. Conteh'sLeft

Conteh'sLeft Active Member Full Member

May 23, 2021
    If he fights past his prime and his opponent has the idea to go to the body I don't think see why that isn't plausible.

Right now the best thing he can do to prolong his career for say at least two more fights is fight smart and not get drawn into trading contests.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2021
    oldcanvasback and BCS8 like this.
  4. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 29, 2007
    You never know but to be fair Lil G seems to have a solid chin.

5. senpai

senpai Well-Known Member banned Full Member

May 18, 2021
    Maybe if he fights someone like Beterbiev at 175. other than that, NO.

FrankinDallas and oldcanvasback like this.
  6. UniversalPart

UniversalPart Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 1, 2010
    He tucks up well and does not give a large target for body shots

He gets caught with head and face shots but he always seems braced for them. He has a very tense and coiled stance which is always power-centric.

I don't see him ever getting KOd. He's hanging around for a 3rd Canelo payday and DAZN will match him with soft opponents to ensure the public retain suffecient appetite to watch it for a third time.

7. BCS8

BCS8 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Probably not but I don't think anybody is "un-KO-able". If he fights for too long sheer age will get him. If he ever gassed out then he'd be ripe for the picking.

All that said in addition to his obviously rock solid chin, he's generally defensively responsible, keeps his gloves and arms in place to protect critical areas and has good slipping skills. It's not likely. The one punch that I'd say he's been vulnerable to because of his stance is the uppercut.

8. ElCyclon

ElCyclon Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Dec 2, 2012
    GGG looked unbeatable in his prime but he looked vulnerable in his last two fights.

9. ButeTheBeast

ButeTheBeast Well-Known Member Full Member

May 27, 2012
    Dervechenko hurt him to the body. Referee stepped in and saved him.

Silver likes this.
  10. miniq

miniq Big Stiff Idiot Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    GGG covers his body well for a reason...Just like Maidana

With age and physical degradation if he kept fighting at a high level eventually he'd get stopped...or just battered brutally as he slogs forward.

hit a rock with a hammer enough times it will break. The body is just flesh and blood.

Some men are too tough for their own good, GGG is probably one of those. He'll retire before he gets badly hurt.

He's at the point in his career where he'll know it's time ups. He'll face some fresh blood who he would have normally handled in his hay day.

11. Silver

Silver The Champ is Here Full Member

Jul 16, 2005
    You're right. Dervenchenko got robbed in that fight honestly. This coming from someone who likes GGG.

12. fistsof steel

fistsof steel Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 13, 2010
    As most fighters age they lose there durability his Chin is Granite but the Body is always more vulnerable when Fighters age.....hate to see this Great Fighter ever hit the Canvas but if he keeps fighting it is possible that will happen......In my opinion should retire now as one of the ATG Middleweights.!!!!

don owens likes this.
  13. northpaw

northpaw Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jun 5, 2010
    I think Derev... hurt him probably as bad as we'll ever see him hurt. He looks like someone durable enough to not be stopped.

oldcanvasback likes this.
  14. ForemanJab

ForemanJab Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 8, 2014
    If he continues to fight elite level opponents into his 40s he eventually will. I think he’ll retire before that time comes though.

oldcanvasback likes this.
  15. MagicE

MagicE Active Member Full Member

Aug 16, 2017
    It's not about whther he can get KOd, there isn't anyone with any real concussive power in and around MW at the moment