will hatton give floyd a tougher fight than zab??

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Relentless, Jul 31, 2007.

1. Relentless

Relentless VIP Member banned

Mar 5, 2006
  2. ChampionsForever

ChampionsForever ESB VIP

Dec 3, 2004
  3. Danny Ocean

Danny Ocean My nAmE IS MoNeY Full Member

Jun 19, 2007
    yes zab was dangerous for 3 rounds maybe 4 and even when he was dangerous he didnt look remotely like winning the fight

4. brooklyn1550

brooklyn1550 Roberto Duran Full Member

Mar 4, 2006
  5. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Zab is more of a stylistic nightmare to PBF than Hatton will be. Zab is a speedy southpaw with a jab, pop and good movement. Hatton has none of these to keep PBF honest.

6. Jack

Jack Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 11, 2006
    Castillo and De La Hoya gave Mayweather more troubles than Zab, and they did so because they applied lots of pressure and threw lots of shots.

Hatton is going to do exactly the same.

Zab's dominance over Mayweather is overstated. He did well, but was outclassed. Of course Hatton is going to do better than Judah, just on the basis that he's a better fighter if nothing else.

7. Jinx

Jinx Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 18, 2004
    i see Hatton winning 4 rds tops, so my answer is no he won't do better Zab...he'll do about as good as Zab did...

8. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Oscar gave PBF trouble early on with his jab before PBF took it away. Oscar also did nothing when he had PBF against the ropes but throw punches that were either countered, blocked or missed. Hatton doesn't have a jab to keep PBF honest like Oscar did. Not to mention Oscar's power is a lot more than Hattons.

Castillo at his prime was a much better boxer than Hatton he had a jab and had a better outside as well as inside boxing game than Hatton. He also had more power as well.

Zab's advantage over over PBF is in his speed(explosiveness) and his southpaw stance. The way Zab caught PBF coming in and knocked him off balance was a thing of beauty no way does Hatton have the speed or counter punching ability to do this.

9. dragosuhail

dragosuhail Active Member Full Member

Apr 12, 2007
    i believe there's a decent chance of a hatton decision or ko of some kind. however i am making floyd the easy favourite.

hatton will do better than zab simply because he has proven to walk through hell to win verses an hall of famer and potentially ATG in the junior welters. and he has beaten some solid competiton despite some adversity. something which zab judah is not capable of doing.

hatton will simply be a stronger, faster, more vicious version of the castillio that fought mayweather in their first fight.

yes i agree castillio has better technique than hatton but it's not but a huge margin as some would think. and hatton is naturally heavier than the castillio that argubaly won verses mayweather so why is it out of the realm of possiblity?

the floyd fans are really underestimating hatton. i did the same thing at one stage. hatton has an almost superhuman desire to win. i think hatton will rise to the occassion, but i say this.

if mayweather wins, he will need to not only fight a perfect fight, but throw LOTS of punches, something he hasn't done lately in the heavier ranks. hatton by nature throws a LOT. it might come down to effective aggression and if so, hatton has a very good chance of winning on the scorecards despite a most likely very low hit percentage :thumbsup

10. Sheehan

Sheehan Guest

For sure Hatton'll give a tougher fight than zab, Hatton has landed the biggest fight he'll ever get and he's gonna be in frighteningly (did I just create a word?:huh ) good form to get the job done.

11. Jack

Mar 11, 2006
    De La Hoya's reliance on his jab in that fight is way exaggerated. People say "He lost because he stopped throwing it", but he stopped throwing it because he was ****ing tired! His jab was an effect of his lack of stamina. Sure, maybe it was doing a good job, but you can't put him losing down to Mayweather figuring out that punch, because he was throwing a lot less punches.

The jab wasn't that effective. It just so happens that when he stopped throwing it, he stopped punching a lot at all.
    I don't agree - Especially about power. Look at the Corrales fight. How mny times did Floyd knock him down? More than Castillo the first time around, and Mayweather isn't as good a puncher as Hatton. Castillo was more precise and had better technique, but as far as power goes, Hatton wins no problem.

I can't be arsed going over it, but Hatton is a better in-fighter too. They're both ****ing great at it though, so it's a stupid argument really. Even if Hatton isn't as good, he has attributes Castillo didn't have, which even it out. Strength, punch output, chin, awkwardness etc..
    I know, but Hatton doesn't fight like that at all. He's a completely different fighter. If, say, Cotto vs. DLH happens, it'd be like me saying "Whitiker gave De la Hoya problems, and Cotto isn't a great defensive fighter, os he can't win". What is more realistic is saying "Tito gave DLH problems, and Cotto fights like Trinidad".

The styles difference between Hatton and Judah is so huge, it's stupid arguing the differences in the two fighters. They have nothing in common, so let's leave Judah out of this.

Instead, JLC gave Mayweather more problems than anyone, and Hatton is very like Castillo. Probably more of a threat too.

12. Marnoff

Marnoff Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 14, 2006
    I fully agree. Zab's explosive quickness was what enabled him to challenge Floyd early on. Floyd is going to be able to see Hatton coming and anticipate the flow, it won't be a razorblade striking attack like from Zab.

I believe Judah gave Floyd a tougher fight than Hatton will be able to. I'm very glad that even after Zab lost to Baldomir, Floyd and him fought. I would have always wondered how they would have stacked up, as I believe Zab came in at or near his best on the night he fought Floyd.

13. Marnoff

Feb 14, 2006
    So hang on, he is a better in-fighter, but then... "even if he isn't"? Be decisive, even if sometimes you'll be wrong. Fence sitting just makes you look cowardly.

Edit: I just read it again, and you even say... "which even it out". So in effect you're saying that Hatton is better, worse, and even, to Castillo.

14. Marnoff

Feb 14, 2006
    I think Zab showed a lot of heart against Cotto, and may have been more effective if low blows hadn't interrupted him early on.

15. Jack

Mar 11, 2006
    Are you serious, or just having a laugh?

Just incase you aren't, I was covering my point - being thorough. I think Hatton is a better in-fighter, but said "even if he wasn't", to answer the reply from Pimp C, which would have been "He isn't". I don't like making a whole load of posts per thread, so I was just thinking a couple of steps ahead.

I'm not back tracking or anything like that, however, I am answering questions I know will be asked.

It's like asking yourself a rhetorical question, then answering it yourself.

Just to make it clear, yes I think Hatton does have better in-fighting skills.