will I ever be able to box with my condition?

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by firas kais, Oct 2, 2021.

1. firas kais

firas kais New Member Full Member

Oct 2, 2021
    Hello guys.

So cutting to the chase. I am 23 years old and I am skinny fat and I have never been in a fight in my life (kind of a peaceful guy) but there was a lot of situations which I wish I had the strength in my muscles and confidence to defend myself but no the guy is older and bigger than me so I just walk away but I hate this I have to defend myself in some situations that I might face in the future.

I know how to train for gym and what to etc but I developed skinny fat body because I had many troubles in the past 5 years so I did not train nor eat healthy at all.

I have a disease that causes weakness in distal legs and arms so my wrists are small and my calves are small compared to normal guys (But not too small). It makes you weak however in gym i noticed that my lifting weights went up really quick its just my forearm and calves will be stronger with training but not as strong as they could ever be. I feel sad and disappointed at my self because maybe I will never be able to stand out for myself? My stamina is also very low (I am an introvert and I have been always sitting in home ever since I was born so I had 0 physical activity) but now im changing myself. Another thing to mention is my reflexes are slow like when someone put something in his palm then I have to catch it before he pull his palm away i always fail because his responses are faster than me

My question is.. will I ever be able to defend myself with boxing with not very strong calves and forearms? If i boxed a lot in the future mainly (3 times a week and 2 times lifting a week) if i took like those strengthening supplements like creatine, beta-alanine, citrulline etc.. will intense boxing sessions help me defend myself?

2. alpo1

alpo1 #TeamShanny Full Member

Dec 10, 2005
    No one can answer this and you won't be able to tell until you try it consistently for a year minimum.

Just do it and stop overthinking.

Furey and Rivertripe like this.