Will Jamie Cox be out of his depth when he faces George Groves

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by im sparticus, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    This was his 27th fight this year according to the commentator

2. SambaKing

SambaKing Member banned Full Member

Feb 17, 2017
    I said before this tournament that Eubank was easy money to win the full thing but he will probably pull out.

I've changed my mind.....

Groves is gonna pull out. Guaranteed. He was shook! He couldn't bring himself to look at Jnr.

CutThroatFade likes this.
  3. chrisbonnie

chrisbonnie Active Member Full Member

Oct 14, 2009
    Ha ha ha, you're funny.

Furey, mylo86 and zfc like this.
  4. SambaKing

Feb 17, 2017
    When Eubank obliterates Groves or when Groves pulls out, I'll happily bring this back up.

Chump.

5. zfc

zfc Well-Known Member Full Member

May 1, 2009
    WTF??????? Eubank knows he is way out of his depth now he hasn`t a chance against Groves who is a class above and does everything better.

6. Papa_Bear

Papa_Bear Active Member Full Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Gaylord

7. SambaKing

Feb 17, 2017
    You are deluded if u believe Eubank is fearful of groves. Anyone who has the slightest ability to read a person's mannerisms will tell you it is the opposite. Groves is SHOOK. Shook I tell u!

CutThroatFade likes this.
  8. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    That was a really good (short) fight, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I felt that Cox was naive or his corner were, depending on who decided to throw the kitchen sink at Groves in the 1st couple of rounds. Reminded me of Indongo against Crawford where he seemingly decided he had no chance over the 12 so just went for it...and like Cox, got hit with the body shot when he was blowing.
    Cox put Groves under pressure but Groves’ defensive work was excellent, making him miss a lot and landing hurtful counters to the body and head. I think he was relaxed in there and his maturity is there to see, cos a few years ago he’d have gone toe to toe with him instead. A few people have said he was buzzed but I felt the commentator was getting a bit giddy over shots catching gloves etc.

Groves v Eubank is going to be excellent. It’s a big step up for Eubank in levels. Groves has size, speed, power, a superior jab, his movement is very good and if they miss he makes them pay with very good counters. Skills beats workrate for me but I’d be a fool (again) to write off Eubank.

9. kojak

kojak Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 22, 2012
    Finally a sensible post on the matter!

I agree also skill beats work-rate, same as it does power more often then not, I won't write Eubank off either but I think he only has speed and work-rate in his favour for this fight and I don't think it'll be enough.

Twentyman likes this.
  10. chrisbonnie

chrisbonnie Active Member Full Member

Oct 14, 2009
    Great post

Is be inclined to agree with everything there.

I do think Groves inside work, and even body work has come on leaps and bounds since joining up with mcguigan. He always had good single shots to the body, but his last few fights had really targeted the body to systematically break the opponent down. And it's really paying dividends.

I won't discount Eubank though. He's tough, fit and very confident. A dangerous mix.

It'll be a great fight, but it's edge just towards Groves.

Either way, they'll both hopefully make alot of money out of it.

lencoreastside and Twentyman like this.
  11. Farmboxer

Farmboxer VIP Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Saunders beat Eubank. Eubank got Golovkin to come over the ocean to UK to sign a contract, then Eubank chickened out!

12. Fhaggis

Fhaggis Active Member Full Member

Oct 12, 2016
    Mongo mode engaged

13. lencoreastside

lencoreastside Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Excellent post - except for Groves having a speed advantage - Speed advantage lies with Eubank here, surely?

14. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    A bit confused reading about the fight...Jamie Cox gave it a go, was competitive while it lasted and entertaining...but I didn’t give Jamie a round, was getting caught to the body at will...

15. Windrunner07

Windrunner07 Active Member Full Member

Jun 14, 2015
    Why does he call himself Jamie i thought his name was James?