Will Kell Brook come in overweight on purpose

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by iceferg, Feb 17, 2022.

1. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash banned Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    Nice to see a weigh in without Hearn sticking his face in the middle of them doing that stupid pout he does followed by an interview.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2022
  2. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    He is one punch fighter - soon as it lands fight over.

Shell Brook

3. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Earn hidden away on DAZN UK out of sight, out of mind - even Maya Jama left the sinking HMS Matchroom

Glenn McKrory likes this.
  4. Bladesmanstan

Bladesmanstan StitchedUpBlog Full Member

Sep 28, 2021
    Watch Dominic Ingles interview with boxing social from a few days ago. They had the choice of WBC, WBA or IBF check weights in order to insure fighters health wasn't at risk. They agreed on WBC. Now they have a rehydration limit of 163.9lbs for tomorrow.

5. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Just watched brook interviewed after the weigh in and looks to me like it was a huge struggle to make weight.

He looked so dry in the face.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2022
    Jurgen likes this.
  6. chrisbonnie

chrisbonnie Active Member Full Member

Oct 14, 2009
    ive seen Brook look way worse than that at previous weigh ins. He's looked awefully gaunt and drained before, this time i think he looks way more comfortable to be honest. I know its a different sport, but i remember seeing Conor Mcgregor coming into weigh ins when he fought at 145lbs and he was breathing heavy and barely able to speak. Brook looks fine, all things considered

Breazer5678 likes this.
  7. BigDoofus

BigDoofus Active Member Full Member

Apr 4, 2016
    With Penfold and Anthony Bellew stood next to Koogs just waiting for their 10 minute fix.

aaaaa and teddybaldock like this.
  8. Your Mum

Your Mum Member Full Member

Jan 21, 2022
    I did and he said "WBC style" not WBC, only WBC have check weights, only IBF have post fight check weights.

The promoter has already denied there is a check weight tomorrow, which is likely why from his interviews Brook on Sky Brook has already had 2 litres of water and the rest

9. granth

granth Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 12, 2010
    I had the opposite reaction. I thought he looked better making weight than I've seen him in a while.

Glenn McKrory, moog, Furey and 4 others like this.
  10. mstar

mstar Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 5, 2005
    True he looked worse vs spence IMO.

moog likes this.
  11. BXNG101

BXNG101 Active Member Full Member

Jun 9, 2018
    It is nice to see a big fight in Britain without Eddie Hearn all over the gaff.

Glenn McKrory, tdf1974 and aaaaa like this.
  12. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    A big fight in Britain without Hearn's pout and without Franks cheques bouncing

Glenn McKrory, aaaaa and BXNG101 like this.
  13. murphman22

murphman22 Active Member Full Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Both looked fine to me, seen Brook look way worse. The rehydration might be an issue and it could be worth his while giving a few pounds away tomorrow
    The 'Brook is shot' narrative makes me laugh though, seem more prevalent than similar comments for Khan. Its impossible to know, personally I think Brook's punch resistance might be lower because of weight issues. He's always had a good/very good chin but the Crawford stoppage a worry. But its a different level of fighter and a small sample size of data. Personally think Khan would have been a relatively easy fight for Brook at 147 when it should have been made. Brook was the one with the higher ceiling, Khan has way too many flaws. Unfortunately due to bad timing, bad application and bad management it wasn't to be for Kell at the highest level. Still had a decent career and made a few quid.

moog and kojak like this.
  14. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    True coming straight down from middleweight was madness, but pride made him do it. Should have moved to 154 and vacated.

15. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Spot on. in their Pomp's I actually think it would have been a straight forward win for Brook.

kojak likes this.