Will Paulie quit if he injures his hand?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by 3rdegree, Jun 20, 2019.

1. 3rdegree

3rdegree Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 23, 2014
    Saturdays Bare Knuckle Boxing fight between Malignaggi and Lobov is almost upon us. If he breaks his hand does Paulie has the toughness to fight to the finish , or will he use it as a way out?

2. Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android Manny Pacquiao — The Thurmanator banned Full Member

Jul 21, 2017
    I want to see Paulie take a savage beating this weekend.

Ironmanmt likes this.
  3. yeyo monster

yeyo monster Boxing Addict Full Member

May 4, 2012
    If he that broke that he needs to fight?

4. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Paulie could still beat Lobov with one hand. A C-grade domestic British Welterweight would absolutely destroy Lobov in stand-up fighting intoxicated.

5. lefthandlead

lefthandlead Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 1, 2010
    I don't know. He's got a cushy job probably pulling in six figures.

6. 3rdegree

Aug 23, 2014
    I agree with you if this were a boxing match. Here is a description of some the differences between boxing and bareknuckle fighting:

The fights will take place in a 22-foot diameter circle ring, with three ropes. In the center of the ring is an 8-foot circle where the fighters will begin the fight and start every additional round. The format is punching only strikes allowed, no knees, elbows, or kicks. They will be allowed to clinch and “Dirty Boxing” if you will is also allowed. Fighters will be able to throw punches in the open clinch or in a Muay Thai style clinch that includes grabbing the back of the neck.

7. rhinocoote

rhinocoote mexican steamroller Full Member

Mar 4, 2009
  8. Reg

Reg Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 5, 2016
    The biggest difference is the talent pool. So far BKF is nothing but rejects and retirees from other sports that are lucky to be ranked top 30.

9. pistal47

pistal47 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 14, 2007
    Isnt Bobby Gunn a former champion bareknuckle fighter? Paulie should stretch this guy no problem. He also showed plenty of toughness throughout his career. He took horrific beatings from Hatton and Cotto and never kicked it in, the ref had to save him from himself both times.

don owens likes this.
  10. 3rdegree

Aug 23, 2014
    If Artem can close the distance and effectively use Mauy Thai clinches to his advantage it could make things interesting. This fight is intriguing because of how well Paulie is expected to perform against an overmatched opponent. Can he live up to the expectations?

11. Limerickbox

Limerickbox Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 18, 2015
    He may have gotten soft in his old age and the fact he has a cushy TV job, but prime Paulie was tough as nails.

He took severe beatings from Hatton, Cotto and even Khan and the ref had to step in

MidniteProwler and 3rdegree like this.
  12. 3rdegree

Aug 23, 2014
    The only way Paulie gets closer to making a fight with Mcgregor is if he impresses. Getting a decision in a close fight won't do it. He has to brutalize and taunt Artem which seems totally in character for him.

13. Nonito Smoak

Nonito Smoak Ioka>Lomo, sorry my dudes Full Member

Sep 8, 2010
    I hope Paulie one-punches him. Range jab, single right hand, fight over. No bloody hands, no bruised face on either. Nothing. People go home upset and bare knuckle doesn't show up on the boxing headlines for another three years (when Gunn won it, then when Rosado did it, now this... approx a 3 year cycle!).

juhave and Vanishing like this.
  14. 3rdegree

Aug 23, 2014
    I doubt Pauline could one punch anyone, let alone someone who is used to getting kicked in the head.

15. ellerbe

ellerbe It’s a Tank world Full Member

Jul 25, 2014
    over a decade ago, times change.