Will Terence Crawford Fight Errol Spence?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Renaissance_man, Jul 10, 2021.

1. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Drink drivers i have no time for

One of the most selfish acts another human can do

2. Wizbit1013

Mar 17, 2018
    Na, Canelos bodyshots are more impactful imo

3. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    I disagree but the beauty of this discussion is that game recognizes game, both guys respect each other and want it. This is one i believe we shall get either at MGM's T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas or Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas. It's one of those fights with genuine cross over appeal as the Mexican fans and fighters love and respect Spence ditto the African American fans and fighters love and respect Canelo. This could be like Hagler vs Duran a battle of high level skills.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  4. Wizbit1013

Mar 17, 2018
    He needs to carry that power up to 168 then

And Spence is not really known for his power even at 147

Bridge too far

5. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    Yes he is his physical strength and power intimidated at 147 so much so that even the top level guys go into their shell to survive a knockout like both Danny Garcia and Mickey Garcia. Those who don’t like Shawn Porter get clipped. Never saw Kell Brook on the deck until EJ put him there. My view because of their styles is that Spence would stop Crawford at 147 pounds.

6. Wizbit1013

Mar 17, 2018
    Hmm, your in the minority there regarding his power I'd say..

Mikey is not and never will be a top guy at 147

Danny is decent but finished at the weight

Porter fair play

Which indicates he isnt known for it, but you believe it

7. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    yes, only b level fighters have the berries to fight crawford. all the TOP fighters at 147 are fighting each other, but are terrified of crawford. i mean, he did beat mean machine, so who can blame em.

northpaw likes this.
  8. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    Nobody is walking through Spence's power it has an effect. Danny is far from finished at the weight he just can't beat Spence. I back him against anyone else. I think you are influenced by talk of Danny moving up to Light Middleweight. Personally think Danny would give the Light Middleweights hell and he stops Castano.

9. Wizbit1013

Mar 17, 2018
    You think Danny bests TW?

10. Wizbit1013

Mar 17, 2018
    Danny beats TC?

I dont think so

Not influenced at all by the rumours
    More dannys lack of doing anything worthwhile since losing to Thurman

Course Spence's power has an effect

But my point is he is not known for power

11. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    Who is TW?

12. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    Spence does not have to be known for power. It’s like saying my Uncle Azumah Nelson was not known for his power. Those statements are true because while Spence and Uncle have power they are complete multi-dimensional fighters. Whilst they have the equaliser they have much more which makes them more dangerous. When Spence faced Mikey Garcia a lot of people were not aware of his outstanding boxing ability. Spence is so physically strong and powerful that he has has to spar regularly with Light heavyweights in the gym. Azumah Nelson as a featherweight had to pull his punches in sparring with Welterweights.

13. Wizbit1013

Mar 17, 2018
    First post you say he is

Then said ok he is not

I agree abour alot of Spences ability, i truly do

But you concede he is not known for power, which was my initial point

14. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    I think you are missing my point. I am saying he has real power but because he is so multi-dimensional, the power does not have to be what stands out. The way Spence attacks the body is like a proper well schooled mechanic like McCallum. I have always said to me he is a mix of Marvin Hagler’s mindset mentality, the body punching ability of McCallum and the excellent fundamental skills set of Don Curry. I know that is a big statement and compliment but frankly true. I know for instance some will say when he stops Manny it was because Mannybis old at 42 etc but the truth to me is that Manny of 12 years ago would have struggled against EJ.

15. Wizbit1013

Mar 17, 2018
    No, no i get your point and agree with a fair bit of it

Remember this conversation started by me saying Spence isnt known for his power

Thats truth

You said he was

But admited he wasn't as he didnt need to be

Id agree with that

But he isnt known for power

Thats my simple point and im not sure why the spin lol