Will Tyson be as good after parting from Peter Fury ?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Canning, Mar 9, 2018.

Will Tyson be as good without Peter Fury in his corner ?

1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    32.1%
  2. No

19 vote(s)
    67.9%
  1. Canning

Canning Member Full Member

Apr 21, 2015
    Now that Tyson has a new trainer Ben Davison will he be as good as he was when trained by Peter Fury ?

2. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
  3. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    It’s my biggest concern for him. Crazy to part with Peter I hope Peter would run his corner in a Joshua fight.

zulander likes this.
  4. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Not just peter it’s the whole package. Can you go from being world champion to drug abuser, boar eater, 30 stoner and falling out with your chief trainer, back to the top again seemlessly?

I’m sceptical.

KermitTheFrog, Gneus7 and zulander like this.
  5. boranbkk

boranbkk "ไม่ได้โม้นะ" Full Member

Feb 19, 2012
    If he really is inspired and found his love for boxing again, I reckon yeah he can. He’s such a skilled natural talent. If everything is right in his mind I don’t see why not.

A little like BJS new found enthusiasm in the Ingle camp.

Suspect.chin likes this.
  6. underwraps

underwraps Active Member Full Member

Oct 31, 2017
    Maybe Peter will return once Tyson gets back into fighting shape.Could it be a case of show me your committed first,hence Davison working with him.Maybe that's the plan.I hope so.

Potwash and Birmingham like this.
  7. zulander

zulander Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 17, 2006
    Would be nice to see him on his a game but two many questions. Quality of his first opponent may tell us something about where he really is

Scissors likes this.
  8. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    As he's still a goung man, I think he can get back into the shape required to be the best heavyweight in the world. But we don't know how he'll look without Peter.

Peter perfected his style, had him boxing disciplined and in my opinion, had Tyson near unbeatable, utilising all his freakish attributes. Tyson needs to stick to that style as much as possible. If he can, he'll be fine.

robo likes this.
  9. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Best situation for him would be to sign with Matchroom and get Peter as trainer.

I think the combination of Matchroom’s professional promotion and Peter’s coaching gives him best chance of winning back the belts.

10. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Wouldn't be shocked if they got back together. I thought Davidson was mostly there to lose the weight

Potwash likes this.
  11. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    I am of the view that Tyson Fury II will not be as good as the peak Tyson Fury I that we saw against Wlad.

Much like pre prison Mike Tyson was always better than post prison Mike Tyson and we found out when Holyfield beat the bleep out of him.

Even when he goes back to Peter, he isn’t going to be what we think he was. I foresee a KO loss in Tyson Fury’s future, especially as he gets older and with his lack of consistent dedication.

His current trainer seems to be more of a fitness trainer than a boxing trainer,and that’s fine at the moment as he is effectively only in fat camp anyway.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
    KermitTheFrog and Scissors like this.
  12. Saintpat

Saintpat Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Sorry, maybe I should know this but I guess I missed it: has there been any explanation as to why he dropped Peter?

destruction likes this.
  13. Potwash

Potwash The Real Untouchables Full Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Peter Fury will be back training him before you know it, mark my words!

14. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    His explanation is that things were getting stale with Peter, and that he needed a change of scenery.

He indicated that he doesn’t need a top boxing trainer at this stage because he knows all he needs to know and just needs to get back in shape.

He expects he will go back with him in the future.

15. Saintpat

Saintpat Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 26, 2009
    IF he actually follows through and does stick with it, I think it’s a good plan to get a hardass conditioning/nutrition guy who handle the first part of his training. First things first ... get into fighting shape, or something resembling that.

I have no idea if his new guy fits that, or if it’s more a case of Tyson wanting someone who he doesn’t have to listen to when it’s time to get out of bed and run or when he needs to set aside the quadruple helping of mashed potatoes, but that’s what he needs IMO.

When it’s time to fight, he needs a proper boxing trainer, whether that’s Peter or someone else.