Will usyk get stopped yes or no ?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by daverobin, Sep 7, 2021.

1. JMotrain

JMotrain Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 30, 2005
    To answer the OP question: No.

This thread is very short-sighted and are acting like this is Joshua pre-Whyte or Klitschko. Joshua knows he doesn't have a good chin and fights accordingly. If you think I'm wrong, go back and watch him run for 12 rounds against fat-ass Ruiz. He barely let his hands go, he was just lucky Ruiz came in overweight and couldn't move around the ring.

AJ fighting a guy with excellent defense and legs. AJ isn't going to hunt Usyk down, it's going to probably look like his fight with Parker. It's going to come down to whether or not Usyk can hurt him, otherwise I think we are actually in for a very bad, ugly fight. One which goes the full 12 with it being close and AJ getting the nod by wider scorecards than they should be.

Brixton Bomber likes this.
  2. Vegan Beast

Vegan Beast Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 19, 2020
    Bellew expended a tonne of energy to dominate the early rounds. AJ will be smarter. AJ doesn't gas out unless he's gone for the KO.

I think AJ will go for the KO late on.

Usyk will probably bank on AJ gassing out and go for a late KO or win the later rounds. AJ will be prepared for that.

3. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    If so A.J might use game plan: since 1 st bell rush on Usyk and go with 101%. Ofc also clinch, grab, press, pull, rotate and maul him with best speed and power he is able to do.
    Ofc also to throw a lot of power punches in row when closing distance.

If he will rush on Usyk like hurricane and use also standup grappling since first bell.
    Will see might Usyk survive this or no. The bodybuilder is very strong, with better reach and Usyk does not likes clinch fight.

4. granth

granth Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 12, 2010
    Since when is complaining or being made to feel uncomfortable by heavy shots, the same as "nearly knocked out". Watched the first round and he was nowhere near. At least I know now that I can mute you since you clearly have nothing objective to say about boxing.

5. BoxerToxer

BoxerToxer Member banned Full Member

Mar 1, 2021
    Watch it again, Chisora hits and pastes Usyk to ropes.

6. Ilesey

Ilesey ~ Full Member

Jul 22, 2004
    No.

7. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    You are casual british pro boxing customer: you might be very suitable to be used as matchroom ref or judge.:p

Actually you normally value boxers according to promoter and passport they does have nothing more here.
    You are from kind of mainstream pro boxing business customers.

If we will use the same criteria as you use for Usyk for A.J , Whyte, Josh Taylor, Chisora etc we might had here xxxx threads with claims how they " almost had get knocked down ". :D

8. Kiwi Casual

Kiwi Casual Member Full Member

Jul 31, 2021
    Bellew didn't really dominate at all in that fight. Usyk seemed very comfortable through out, and did what he usually does. If AJ holds back until the later rounds Usyk will grind him down slowly, and start hurting him badly with well timed combinations when AJ gets desperate for that KO in the late rounds.

AJ needs to apply pressure early before Usyk has time to set the pace. The longer this fight goes the better it is for Usyk.

9. don owens

don owens Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 5, 2005
    if a fattie like Ruiz can topple the beefy Joshua....Usyk can do so even easier. 8th round ko by Usyk.

10. miniq

miniq Big Stiff Idiot Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Can Usyk find a positon where he'll catch AJ unsighted like Ruiz?

I don't see it. AJ fights very scared these days, I don't see him plodding into Usyk like a dummy and getting caught.

Cards are already scored in his favour, just keep it long and box him.

11. don owens

don owens Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 5, 2005
    yeah you are right. I think Usyk's skill sets are better and that will help. Unless I am underestimating Joshua which is possible. I think one factor that I expect is that Usyk will pressure wisely throughout rounds with a high out put and being difficult to hit. expecting fatigue to play a factor. just my two cents.

Kiwi Casual likes this.