Will Usyk have the sense of destiny if the Fury fight comes off?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by catchwtboxing, Oct 24, 2021.

Will Usyk have the sense of destiny when they fight?

1. Yes, OP, you hit is in the head

40.0%
  2. There is just no way of telling

40.0%
  3. I get what you mean, but you are simply wrong in your assessment

20.0%
  4. You are an idiot if you think Usyk wins this

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. catchwtboxing

catchwtboxing Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    I love both guys, have supported them both through thick and thin, and it actually pains me to see that they have to fight each other. They are two of the most uniquely talented heavies I have ever seen, Usyk as a scientific southpaw wizard, and Fury as and ambidextrous giant who changes styles like other fighters change gym socks. I think either guy would win and I am not making a prediction.

But Usyk just seems to have destiny on his side right now.

For his part, Usyk has spent the last nine years winning a gold medal, every cruiserweight belt, the Muhammed Ali trophy, three of the four heavyweight belts, becoming a legend in 19 fights, and losing so few rounds in the process that his fans can remember and discuss them with ease. The only time the haters had cause to hate was when he was injured for two years and had to knock the ring rust off.

Compare that to Fury.

McDermott scare, Pajkick knockdown, Cunningham scare, historic Wladdy victory, PEDS scandal (which I still don't believe), cocaine use, retirement, blown up to 400 pounds, comeback, first fight Wilder scare in the 12th, Wallin cut scare, great fight with Wilder, disappears for another year and a half in which he is on the wrong side of arbitration, comes back slightly out of shape and gets knocked down twice before grinding his way to victory, hints at retirement again...

The point is, Fury's interest in the sport waxes and wanes, and his ability goes with it. Sometimes he looks unbeatable. Other times he gets by the skin of his teeth. Usyk, on the other hand, fights like he was meant to succeed. He often said "being heavyweight champion is not a dream, it is something that I am planning on doing." And so he did it.

Two great fighters, but I think Usyk has the momentum. Fury is a guy who likes to skirt disaster and always has. We all know that guys like that come up short sooner or later. If he wants to beat Usyk, her really needs to decide who is is.

What say y'all?

2. Finkel

Finkel Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 10, 2020
    You don't believe the Furys took PEDs? Seems pretty clear cut that they did. Uncastrated boar meat, wtf. :lol:
    But no, I don't see Usyk unseating Fury IF (big if) Fury comes in shape.
    A great big guy versus a great small guy, and I don't see Usyk being able to control Fury's lead hand like he did Joshua's.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2021
    sasto likes this.
  3. catchwtboxing

Jul 4, 2014
    I am not going to re-litigate it, but UKAD dropped the whole thing with a "time-served" for his cocaine use after admitting in writing that they could not answer why they waited 16 months and let a title fight go before pursuing the matter.

As for the entire elevated levels, boar meat, etc...I easily found on line where UKAD admitted that they could not explain their actions, but try as I might, I have never seen the failed test published.

Seems to be pretty clear to me that they backed down and saved face.

But believe as you like. This thread is not to re-litigate that.

4. Finkel

Feb 10, 2020
    That's the second time today I've read you have your say on something then state you don't want to "re-litigate" when you got some push back.
    If you don't want to talk about it, why mention something controversial in the first place?
    That's some weak sauce right there. But fine, let's not derail the thread.

5. catchwtboxing

Jul 4, 2014
    I am not going to derail my own thread. I mentioned it because it is something that some people hold against him, and though I do not believe it, I don't think it would be fair to leave it out. I included it so that guys like you can include it in the thesis statement.

Yes, I often say that I don't want to re-litigate things that are derailing the thread. As I should.

You believe Fury used PEDS. Excellent. Now please comment on the topic.

6. Finkel

Feb 10, 2020
    I already did:

7. catchwtboxing

Jul 4, 2014
    Excellent, and thanks. There is a poll if you haven't voted.

8. miniq

miniq Tyson Fury Undisputed HW Champion 18/5/24 Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Fury always finds a way to win

He'll switch southpaw and fight small whilst uttering im feel very feel at Usyk who will malfunction.

9. catchwtboxing

Jul 4, 2014
    I don't think he is going to fight a southpaw as a southpaw. He'll just get out southpawed. But thanks.

10. Oddone

Oddone Bermane Stiverne's life coach. Full Member

Aug 18, 2019
    Usyk will feel the gravity of moment much more than Fury however at Heavyweight, especially Furys heavy weight, a single random or even lucky shot behind the ear can change everything so I'm not sure how much that really matters.

Fate has a way of screwing over people with the best laid plans. Or, and it really pains me to say this, as Wilder says: Usyk has to be perfect for twelve rounds while Fury only needs two seconds.

With his height I see Fury hitting Usyk behind or on the ear and it only takes one. It's hard to be the master boxer if you have no equilibrium.

Just my thoughts.

catchwtboxing likes this.
  11. catchwtboxing

Jul 4, 2014
    Quality post.

Do you feel that Fury can take Usyk out with one punch?

Oddone likes this.
  12. Oddone

Oddone Bermane Stiverne's life coach. Full Member

Aug 18, 2019
    No.

Usyk has an amazing chin but Fury seems to throw awkward short mauling hooks that hit ears, necks... basically whatever he can and Usyk is only human despite what @Serge would tell you.

Serge likes this.
  13. elgoadie

elgoadie Active Member Full Member

Sep 14, 2008
    As noted by the OP, Usyk does seem to have the momentum - but let's not kid ourselves, Fury does as well. He's had a bit of stop-start couple of years, as all have I suppose but he's always come out on top.

Make no mistake, Fury will be up for this fight IMO despite what others may be saying. Assuming Usyk gets past Joshua in the rematch, Fury - Usyk would be lagacy-defining fight for both. Fury won't want his already stellar heavyweight legacy to be overshadowed by Usyk.

Also, as much as a master boxer Fury is with his high-level footwork, I can't see him making the same mistake Joshua did. Fury will make this fight as dirty as possible. Fury needs to slow down Usyk's footwork, that for me is priority number 1...

It's a really interesting matchup for me, both fighter's are adaptable. One starts a bit slower (Usyk), while the other seems to fight according to the level of his opponent. The Fury of the Kiltschko fight for example was a completely different fighter to the one of Wilder 3.

14. neverheardofher

neverheardofher Active Member Full Member

Jul 13, 2019
    Usyk himself has said that Fury will be the hardest fight for him at HW. He also said that Wilder would be the easiest lol.

15. timeout

timeout Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 15, 2010
    Ain't going to happen. Too many obstacles,egos and personality clashes for it to happen.