Will Usyk vs Wilder be a repeat of the Wilder-Szpilka fight if it happens?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by BoxingViewer, May 19, 2023.

1. BoxingViewer

BoxingViewer Active Member Full Member

Mar 20, 2016
    It's almost certain that Usyk will completely outbox Wilder, but can he avoid that nuclear detonation of a right hand for 12 rounds?

pacas likes this.
  2. MAD_PIGE0N

MAD_PIGE0N ... banned Full Member

Sep 3, 2022
    Don't you know that Usyk has:
    - chin of granite
    - speed of a gazelle
    - Stephen Hawking's intelligence
    - cardio for 20 rounds
    - hundreds of fights
    - if I am missing something positive - he has it, but surely has no negative

He walks through Wilder with ease. But the truth is you can't joke with Wilder, he's the smelliest piece of *hit out there, but no point in denying him the power of his cross. Many guys outboxed Wilder, and few managed to hurt him, but no one managed to survive that punch. I exclude Fury for obvious reasons. So the risk of seeing something similar to Wilder-Szpilka is there.

3. Bigcheese

Bigcheese Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 7, 2015
    Spzilka >Usyk so probably.

DaRealJT likes this.
  4. miniq

miniq Oleksandr Usyk Undisputed HW Champion Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Nobody can avoid that right hand for 12 rounds and it will hurt everyone but Fury from the 2nd bout who was a man possessed.

Usyk would be over under and around wilder's lead all night and use his subtle fast footwork to work him over but Wilder lands that right hand once and it's over.

pacas likes this.
  5. Kura

Kura New Member Full Member

Apr 13, 2023
    You're stil in year 2018 we arleady know that Wilder has 0 inside game and cannot fight backing up, and fighting him in and out scoring points is way to hospital, I mean there wont be no 12 rounds wilder goes to sleep faster after 6th he wil be tripin on his legs brethless

6. spravedlivylev

spravedlivylev Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Nov 17, 2022
    For sure. Quite a few people outboxed Wilder until they got careless or tired. Neither will happen with Usyk.

Also, it's been discussed before how someone with the experience of Usyk (some 500 fights in total) would see a fighter like Wilder very differently than your average fan.

Give this a listen, I timestamped where they talk about Wilder.

This content is protected

Perkin Warbeck likes this.
  7. MAD_PIGE0N

Sep 3, 2022
  8. Dubblechin

Dubblechin Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 25, 2014
    He literally did both of those months ago when he knocked out Helenius while backing up with a punch that traveled inches. :nonono

Nobody pays attention.

"Wilder CAN'T (fill in what Wilder precisely did in his last fight)." :rolleyes:

pacas likes this.
  9. BoxingViewer

Mar 20, 2016

lol you know, usyk's fanboys seem to be suffering from an ailment known as selective vision

MAD_PIGE0N likes this.
  10. MAD_PIGE0N

Sep 3, 2022
    He at best had a draw with Briedis, but surely didn't win.

BoxingViewer likes this.
  11. Kura

Apr 13, 2023
    Dude please Helenius was walking slow like grandpa Wilder was running on them sticks and tiny bit faster he would be tripin on them legs, shiit Im more fluid with footwork than him and I'm a hobbyst, but i must agree he doesnt need full reach on his right hand to kill, but thats wasnt no in fighting that was a not fully extended right hand on a leaning in oponent

12. The Real Lance

The Real Lance Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 29, 2012
    Because Szpilka moves just like Usyk, huh? .... No

Pepsi Dioxide likes this.
  13. BoxingViewer

Mar 20, 2016
    Yep I agree Pigeon. Whenever Usyk faces pressure fighters he tends to struggle. Briedis, Chisora, heck even AJ had his moments, but one thing we know about Wilder is that he won't try to outbox Usyk he will be looking for the knockout and as seen in his third fight with Tyson Fury he showed he can throw decent shots to the body too which is what he will need to do to set up that million dollar head shot.

NullaLexInk and MAD_PIGE0N like this.
  14. NullaLexInk

NullaLexInk Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 10, 2022
    Could be. I personally don't think so, given that Usyk has never been down as a pro and it took Wilder nine rounds to catch Szpilka and 10 and 7 to put down old man Ortiz. Usyk is far slicker and more tactical than both of them, so I genuinely think if anyone can nullify the right hand of Wilder for a whole bout it would be a southpaw with his skills, considering two far less technical and durable guys using that stance nearly made it. Hell, I actually give Usyk some chance of stopping Wilder even. He isn't a hard puncher but I'd be willing to bet he's at least as hard a hitter as Fury, and he got Wilder by breaking him down, which we've already seen Usyk is capable of doing. Granted, Usyk has yet to get a stoppage at this weight class aside from Witherspoon retiring in his corner, but there were moments against all three guys that saw him buzzing them pretty good. I wouldn't guarantee it would happen, but I do give it a decent chance.

But you never know in boxing, especially at Heavyweight. Wilder will definitely be one of the hardest punchers Usyk has faced, and very likely the hardest, so it would be a great test of his chin at this stage of his career. Wilder won't try to outbox like AJ did; he's gonna be going for the KO from the first second to the last.

Really hope this fight gets made. C'mon Danny, the fight against Lerena was really rough there at the beginning. You need some more rest.

BoxingViewer likes this.
  15. Kura

Apr 13, 2023
    But Wilders pressure is walking tempo.....and we talking about best footwork in the game
    Wilders always have a punchers chance, since he will hit something for sure, but now it's way easier fight to win than before Fury fight
    greedybelly realized at the end of first fight that his first gameplan was wrong and risky

pacas likes this.