Will Wilder be more patient against Fury?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Rikicortz, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Rikicortz

Rikicortz Active Member banned Full Member

Jul 19, 2019
    He's mentioned about being more patient in recent interviews. In the first fight he was overshooting the right hand and rushing in. Against King Kong we saw Wilder stay more patient and eventually find the KO

2. kdyehs

kdyehs Member Full Member

Nov 28, 2015
    Fury already offered the best he could. Wilder will be the one with the improved adjustments. And since Fury has a tendency to visit the floor I think Wilder will score a KO this time. I don't see him being more patient, but more confident.

candlelitekid and Heavy_Hitter like this.
  3. UFC2020

UFC2020 Active Member Full Member

Sep 15, 2019
    Lol Wilder fans and Fury haters attributing Wilders numerous misses and gassing to his lack of patience are seriously reaching.

Wilder realized very early in the fight that he was in there with someone special and slick and he was not going to get any easy openings and therefore he was going to have to press the pace and create the opening for the right hand. Hence those desperate swings and misses throughout the fight.

This time Fury will be even more relentless and knows all about Wilders right hand. It doesn't matter if Wilder remains, patient, low volume early to the middle of the fight, the moment he gets hurt, knocked down or way behind in the fight, he is going to become desperate with that right hand

4. divac

divac VIP Member Full Member

Jul 24, 2004
    Wilder likes to say he was overshooting his fight hand when its not finding the mark. That's just hogwash, the fact
    that he throws that right hand the way he does is what makes it powerful. If he doesn't overshoot it like he claims he does, the power to knock his opponent out with it isn't going to be there.
    Besides it wasn't a matter of Wilder overshooting it, it was Fury being slippery enough to slip them.

Wilder is going to have to have patience against Fury, but he cant get to patient to the point he's losing every round due to non-activity.

SmackDaBum and kiwi_boxer like this.
  5. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Based on what evidence?

sid and kiwi_boxer like this.
  6. Jackman65

Jackman65 FJB Full Member

Aug 31, 2019
    I think Wilder will certainly try. He couldn’t have fought a dumber fight the first time. Wasting energy with all those missed wild shots. Wilder looked more composed and methodical last fight. He was giving away exchanges looking to land a shot and it worked. I expect him to do the same in this fight. Might not work because Fury is a slick boxer when he’s focused.

When I hear talk of Fury coming out and trying to KO Wilder, it makes me laugh. That’s not Furys game and not what I expect him to do. I expect him to come out with his track shoes and try to give Wilder another boxing lesson. Aside from the two KDs in the first fight, it was the right strategy. I like to think he’s smart enough to skip the clowning and showboating but it’s his nature and I expect it to occur at some point. Taking a page from the great Ali who loved to showboat and clown on occasion.

This fight could go either way and it would not surprise me. A Fury KO of Wilder would shock me but that’s about it. Secretly, I’d like to see Fury win a close one on points and have a trilogy. No fight in between, no nonsense. The only way this happens is if Fury wins. If Wilder wins, we will not see a third fight.

7. chico g

chico g What are you staring at Mr Trump?! hahaha! Full Member

Oct 18, 2008
    Tyson's superior ring IQ still won't help him against one of those wild crude windmills.

8. blackfella96

blackfella96 Active Member Full Member

Jul 10, 2019
    I actually reckon he won't be as patient as the Ortiz fight, finding an opening against Fury could take all night, I think he will be aiming to land at least a few right hands every round

ipitythefool and Eastern Iron like this.
  9. JDub

JDub Active Member Full Member

Dec 8, 2018
    Yeah he'd be naive to wait for an opening like he did against Ortiz, Fury is very elusive and it might just never come. With Ortiz you always knew he would slow down and that's when the openings were gonna come. Against Fury Wilder needs to create these openings himself, or at least not fall too far behind on the cards.

Eastern Iron likes this.
  10. blackfella96

blackfella96 Active Member Full Member

Jul 10, 2019
    Spot on, and Fury does have his openings so Wilder just has to have his timing correct.

11. JDub

JDub Active Member Full Member

Dec 8, 2018
    Yeah they will be few and far between but they are there if you pressure him. I don't think he can wait around though, he'll have to force the issue a bit. Fury will have the reach advantage too so it will be harder for Wilder to just pick him off from range like he normally does.

On the flip side he has to be careful not to walk onto something, Fury might not have enormous power but if you walk on to something from a 6'9 guy weighing 250lbs+ you're in trouble for sure.

12. edabomb

edabomb Active Member Full Member

Jul 2, 2011
    Based on Wilders ring IQ :dunno

13. UFC2020

UFC2020 Active Member Full Member

Sep 15, 2019
    Fury will not give Wilder anything on a platter. Wilder will need to box like a proper boxer and work harder for landing that right hand

14. SmackDaBum

SmackDaBum TKO7 banned Full Member

Nov 22, 2014
    A patient Wilder against Fury will just get jabbed in the face the whole fight...

15. Oakland Billy Smith

Oakland Billy Smith Active Member banned Full Member

Oct 19, 2018
    He may be more patient in regard to waiting for an oppening ........

But Wilder knows that Fury cant take his punch. The first opening he sees, he'll but the bomb squad special right across Furys jaw