Will you give Ben Davidson credit IF Tyson Fury wins?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by coolcat45, Nov 27, 2018.

1. coolcat45

coolcat45 Active Member Full Member

Oct 21, 2018
  2. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    In what sense? He’s received great credit already for weight loss. Even if Tyson does win I don’t think it will be down to a BD tactical masterclass. There’s nothing to suggest so far that Tyson has become a better boxer under him.

3. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    If Fury wins then Fury and his Team will all get credit.

But should BD get absolutely slaughtered if Fury gets KTFO?

In fairness to BD he didn't want Fury taking this fight right now but Fury did and he is in the corner.

Scissors likes this.
  4. Cairney30

Cairney30 Member Full Member

Oct 23, 2018
    John fury said it best
    Tyson only needs some one to give him water and wipe his head

Tyson also said he went with Ben because it’s fun, he could have went with any coach/trainer but what could they teach him

BD is part of the fury team if fury wins he will get credit
    If fury loses he wil be made the scapegoat buy fury fans

Tyson fury does what he wants when he wants making him unpredictable makes him hard to beat you can’t teach unpredictability

5. carlingeight

carlingeight Active Member Full Member

May 15, 2016
    I have a hard time believing that Ben knows more about any aspect of boxing than Tyson himself.

But if it works for them and they're successful, then fair play to everyone involved.

6. TonyHayers

TonyHayers Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Nov 1, 2018
    I suppose it all depends on how he wins, but he seems to have been there more as a fitness coach than anything else.

The fact that Fury managed to shift ten stone plus is heralded as fantastic work, and it is to be fair, albeit Fury wasn't some blob who'd been on his couch all his life; he had recently been a professional athlete and therefore purely losing weight would be easier for him than a standard unhealthy fat guy. Losing weight, retaining strength and building stamina seem to have been the biggest issues. Certainly there was nothing in the last two fights that suggested any demonstrably quality work or change had been made to Fury's actual boxing.

7. channy

channy 4.7.33 banned Full Member

Feb 2, 2015
    No not really.

What I will do is give TF all the credit in the world if he pulls this off, which I think he will.

BD can only say/do so much but when that bell goes it is TF in there and he knows exactly what he is going to do.

8. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Ben Davison needs a few years under his belt training top fighters and world champions before anyone is calling him a top trainer.

If he trains Tyson Fury for a few years and he wins and defends the belts, and then goes onto other top fighters then yes.

One fight doesnt make any trainer "good or bad"

So far we only know he trained BJS in a stinker of a fight in Scotland, against a nobody he almost lost to. Afterwards BJS dropped him as his trainer.

9. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    Ask yourself the question, what can B.D teach T.F about boxing.

mcvey likes this.