Will you laugh or cry if Young Julio beats down Canelo? Perhaps both at the same time?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by james5000, Feb 23, 2017.

1. james5000

james5000 2010's poster of the decade Full Member

Apr 11, 2010
    I know this forum will laugh for a week if young Julio takes care of Canelo, but it will be short lived when you realize your dream fight has been shattered.

I am gonna buy me a JCC Jr T-Shirt and get my pop corn ready, go son go

Come on son, destroy the DREAM!!!!!

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  2. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Hey if Chavez Jr. beats down Canelo I'd love it, because Maravilla's stock would go way up wouldn't it?

Also I happen to like Chavez Jr. more than I like Canelo, and personally think he'd pose more of a threat to GGG than Canelo would.

Most logical GGG fans know Canelo doesn't stand even the slightest of chances against GGG, so it wouldn't bother many of us in the least.

GGG is always on James' mind, he's always on his mind.

Gneus7, Sugar 88, pincai and 3 others like this.
  3. james5000

james5000 2010's poster of the decade Full Member

Apr 11, 2010
    It would be interesting to see the state of global boxing if JCC Jr won, could he take most of Canelo's fans?
    I'm thinking no, Canelo is too small and its a joke fight, JCC Jr is a corpse @ 164 so it does level the playing field, but he only beats Canelo by being that much bigger than him. On a pure skill basis Canelo is streets ahead.

4. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Chavez will not be a corpse at 164, have any of you watched his most recent fight against Britsch? It was at 168, and he made weight with ease, he's clearly taking his fitness and training more seriously lately, and his stamina looked to be fine as well.

So what is it, is Canelo too small? You already have your excuse made if he loses. Or is it Chavez is a bum and its a joke fight? And there you have your excuse if Chavez loses. GGG will still be a bum in all of your eyes, after the fact, regardless of who he takes on.

Chavez is less skilled than most of the guys he fights, but he usually still manages to find a way to beat them all. It doesn't matter...... Canelo is jumping 2 weight divisions to fight a guy a half a foot taller than him with an amazing chin, what could ever go wrong?

KiwiMan and Ph33rknot like this.
  5. Jacques81

Jacques81 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 13, 2016
    Just hand that Cinco De Mayo WBC belt right over to GGG

Peril, lewis gassed, aaalbert and 2 others like this.
  6. pincai

pincai The Indonesian Thin Man Full Member

Jun 10, 2012
    Either way I'll laugh, not related to both, not related to Oscar, not related to ggg. Probably laugh for a month, that's for playing diva.

RacingBeat, BCS8 and CST80 like this.
  7. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    I will do a little jig and run twice around the house.

Chavez has always seemed a good guy to me and Canelo has just become distasteful to me lately. And it's not just the beef with GGG. I think Fishnets is having a bad influence on him.

Regardless, GO CHAVEZ!

8. FuMaster

FuMaster Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 10, 2016
    I think Canelo wins this easy. Chavez will be drained hard or forfeit most of his prize money. To his credit, Chavez Jr has looked trim in photos I've seen. I feel he's dropping too much weight to be effective.

Flamazide likes this.
  9. Enigmadanks

Enigmadanks Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 5, 2009
    I just want to see a competitive fight for both men. I know Alvarez is going to bring it on fight night, the X-factor in this match is going to be what version of Chavez Jr shows up.

I will say though, unless it's a true FOTY type of match, I don't want to see a rematch, regardless of how controversial/sensational the fight turns out. Both men should go back to their respective weight classes after this money-grab fight.

nickpoppunk likes this.
  10. Gil Gonzalez

Gil Gonzalez Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Jun 15, 2012
    I would be happy for Chavez Sr.

I would also enjoy watching all the simpletons who claim Canelo is lineal mw champ explain who is lineal mw champ now.

RacingBeat and BCS8 like this.
  11. northpaw

northpaw Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 5, 2010
    I won't lie, I'd love it if Jr. beat Canelo. It would turn
    the applecart over and ruin so many "mega" fights.

That would be hilarious.

I'm rooting for Jr. for the first and likely last time
    ever in this one.

RacingBeat likes this.
  12. radupidu

radupidu Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 17, 2010
    It wont happen.
    Canelito to good for Chavez jr.
    I'm rooting hard for Canelo and I think he'll KO Jr in the 8th. Go Canelo, Viva Mexico !!

nickpoppunk likes this.
  13. ChicagoBoxLife

ChicagoBoxLife Active Member Full Member

May 22, 2013
    JCC is garbage. It would be so funny if he somehow wins but he really doesn't deserve it in my opinion.

14. IsaL

IsaL VIP Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2006
    This fight is very competitive on paper, especially is Jr. comes in focused and prepared.

I have it 55/45 with Canelo having the edge based on experience and ring IQ, but Chavez brings that pressure, chin, and power.

Canelo doesn't have this in the bag yet.

15. nickpoppunk

nickpoppunk Unbelievable Bentekkers Full Member

Feb 14, 2012
    i agree with this