Willie Limond News

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by elle, Aug 22, 2007.

1. elle

elle Journeywoman Full Member

Aug 21, 2007
    According to recent reports in the Bolton News Willie Limond has been in hospital after undergoing surgery - he is understood to have been suffering from appendicitis. It appears he may have already been suffering from a potentially serious health problem when he last fought after his manager revealed he had complained of stomach pains during training for his title defence. Apparently he thought he had food poisoning because he was displaying all the classic symptons - it now appears he may have been suffering from a grumbling appendix.

Poor guy! He really has been in the wars recently - article says he faces several weeks on the sidelines. Hope he makes a full recovery and is back on ESB soon.

2. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Hopefully he gets better and can box again with no issues.

3. kev boy 1

kev boy 1 New Member Full Member

Jul 15, 2007
    cheers 4 your concern lads hes been out of hospital 4 around a week and goes on holiday tomorrow with his family. was supposed to be fighting in september but prob november now al keep yous posted tho

4. Dunky McCafferty

Dunky McCafferty Boxing Junkie banned

Aug 24, 2004
    Pass on our best wishes to yer bruv Kev:good , hope he makes a speedy recovery & has a good wee holiday intae the bargain!

He promised he would come back tae eastside tae huv a wee blether with me anyway as I missed him when he was last here, tell him I havent forgotten:D

5. BigEars

BigEars Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 30, 2006
    Good to hear he's okay , hopefully he can get back into the ring soon .