winky wright will beat Hopkins

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by ibragimovfan, Jun 28, 2007.

1. ibragimovfan

ibragimovfan Member Full Member

Jun 27, 2007
    the only thing im worried about is hopkins is much bigger than him. but winky's defense is impenetrable. i expect hopkins to try and knock him out and he will end up punching himself out in the early goings and winky will pick up the pieces and a decision by the end of the fight :happy

2. compukiller

compukiller Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 4, 2006
    Since when does Hopkins go for the early KO, and punch himself out?

Hopkins by wide UD.:good

3. VIP

VIP Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 19, 2004
    It's definitely a real possibility that Winky will win, but not as you described it.

4. brooklyn1550

brooklyn1550 Roberto Duran Full Member

Mar 4, 2006
    what the hell are you talking about?

5. carpbeatch

carpbeatch You Wish... Full Member

Jun 7, 2006
  6. InHumanForm

InHumanForm Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 22, 2006
    winky will win, but his defense is not impenetrable. look at his face after the taylor fight.

7. Fab2333

Fab2333 Needs to Get It 2Gether Full Member

Oct 25, 2006
    Hopkins is going to beat Winky. WInky's style is kinda made to take punishment. ANd Hopkins is a seasoned veteran who understands that. Hopkins is going to punish WInky the whole night. DOntg et me wrong Winky can pull it off. But I see Hopkins outbxing him to a UD. Winky is going to take a lot of punishment in this fight, I promise you

8. mightyd40

mightyd40 Spartan Full Member

Mar 21, 2007
    idk if u noticed but hopkins has a pretty tight d-game goin on too........i think hopkins will win a fairly easy decision (tire himself out goin for the knockout???? what the hell)

9. Cage

Cage Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 4, 2005
    first off Winky marks up fairly easy

second off, most of the marks on Winkys face after that fight was not from punches that got through. Its just because Winky holds his gloves right to his face. . when you have someone beating away at the back of your gloves while they are pressed against you. .well, you get marked up

10. Grabonator

Grabonator Active Member Full Member

Apr 15, 2007
    Hopkins is a genius, hes such an experienced and skilled pro that Wright wont be able to deal with him. Other than speed Winky has no adavantages over Hopkins. Hopkins os more skilled, bigger, more powerfull, more experienced, hell hes so experienced that he can read every opponent. In his last fights at middleweight he had some verry close fights with Taylor but after he moved up he seemed to be better, fresher and stronger again. Hopkins should have moved up some years earlier, as he got older he ot weaker at 160 but for some reason he stayed at 160. He will fight Winky at 170 pounds that will be a great weight for Hopkins while Winky is to small than that and will be much lighter than Hopkins on fightnight. I think Hopkins could stop Winky, who thought he could stop Tarver?? I think he will stop Winky too! It will once again be an great display of experience, skill, ring generalship, tactics and power and it will end dramatic!

11. Beatboxer

Beatboxer Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 4, 2006
    I believe Winky will own the old *******

12. .trunzx

.trunzx The Hawk Full Member

Dec 3, 2005
    I stopped reading there.

Hopkins UD

13. platnumpapi

platnumpapi Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jun 10, 2005
    HOPKINS IS 10 - 0 AGAINST SOUTHPAWS, WINKY WOULD BE THE BEST OF THE SOUTH PAWS HE HAS FOUGHT BUT I THINK WINKY WILL WIN.OH AND HOPKINS AINT GOING FOR NO EARLY KO EITHER.HES GONE TRY TO USE HIS SIZE AND PUSH WINKY AROUND ON THE INSIDE IF THAT DONT WORK HE WILL KEEP THE 5'8 OR 9 WINKY AWAY WITH HIS OWN JAB.

14. brooklyn1550

brooklyn1550 Roberto Duran Full Member

Mar 4, 2006
    He didn't stop Tarver, but I agree with you when you say B-Hop will win.

15. Amsterdam

Amsterdam Boris Christoff Full Member

Jan 16, 2005
    This is an easy fight for Bernard stylistically. Bernard UD 117-111.