Winning fights abroad how important is it

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by 08Horacio08, Jan 23, 2023.

1. DramaShow

DramaShow 18 Full Member

Dec 22, 2020
    You might be right but I remember in the Joshua Parker fight the Italian referee never let them fight on the inside which didn't make for a great watch. I feel like Parker was more competitive in the Joyce fight early on and was more willing to trade but that's because he was more worried about Joshua's power (remember at that time Joshua had a 100% KO percentage).

Ruiz Wilder could be interesting if Ruiz turns up in shape.

2. Furious

Furious Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    That’s all fine, but cut through all that and the point remains - Joshua has never had real true away win.

3. smoking mirrors

smoking mirrors New Member Full Member

Jan 14, 2023
    this is why i’ll have respect for guys like Josh Taylor, no matter how much of an arsehole he may be

Top Rank absolutely wanted Ramirez to win, big ticket seller, judges and ref very much on his side, yet Taylor still beat him comfortably.

we hardly ever see British boxers win as the B-side abroad, they’re usually jobbers for the real world level fighters.

4. SeanB1

SeanB1 Member Full Member

Sep 8, 2022
    I don't know how old Ortiz is but I do remember Dave Allen saying when he fought him he smelled like his grandad. I know it's really silly but it always made me laugh.

Here's Johnny likes this.
  5. SeanB1

Sep 8, 2022
    This is what is great about the forum, debate and disagreement but all informed.

6. SeanB1

Sep 8, 2022
    Good thread this.

7. Here's Johnny

Here's Johnny Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Jan 18, 2015
    Not very I think. Go where the money is and where people will buy your tickets. If you’re offered opportunity then great. I think it’s one of them things though, if you go through your career without getting a couple of decent wins abroad, particularly as the away fighter it may bug you ever so slightly.

BoxingAddick likes this.
  8. cuchulain

cuchulain Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 6, 2007
    And let's not forget that jet-setting road warrior, Andre Ward.

9. BoxingAddick

BoxingAddick Member Full Member

Nov 28, 2021
    Sleeping on Joyce a bit. He isnt brilliant to watch but honestly he is hard work for any Heavyweight

10. BoxingAddick

BoxingAddick Member Full Member

Nov 28, 2021
    To be honest from what i remember it seemed to me that was probably AJs best boxing performance he jabbed well and moved well. I thought was more a point of Parker was so hesitant at trying to get in. I certainly think AJ has regressed since that night. Ill await the hordes to abuse me because i dared to give a slither of praise to AJ lol

DramaShow likes this.