Witter knocks Hatton out

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Betty Swollocks, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Supreme

Supreme New Member Full Member

Sep 6, 2007
    lmao "witter would be mauled by hatton" - yeah right get real, witter is a counter puncher,south paw. Something hatton has had serious trouble against and trouble against those sorts who are not in witters league.

Witter isnt ducking the fight hatton is and he will be seriously handed his arse when he fights mayweather.

2. Shev

Shev Active Member Full Member

Jun 9, 2007
    Yup, Witter beats the mentally fragile Harris and Malignaggi beats an average but limited fighter in N'dou so both will be able to beat Hatton. I mean Hatton what's Hatton done at 140lbs? Hatton's fights are boring as hell too unlike Witter's fight against Corley.

3. brown bomber

brown bomber 2010 Poster of the Year Full Member

Jul 1, 2006
    lol Sarcasm may be the lowest form of wit but when used correctly :yep ...... I like Witter and am chuffed to bits he has established himself as the Number one contender for Hattons real title however If
    Witter fans think that Hatton will stand there like a nodding dog while Witter dangles his left hand in front of his face like a sausage their having a laugh. Witters defence gets caught out occasionally and he still looks uncomfortable and slightly panic stricken when under pressure. I really hope the fight happens after mayweather.

4. Betty Swollocks

Betty Swollocks James 'Lights Out' Toney Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Not really funny. Witter has a couple of really good wins, Hatton has little more. He spent years fighting turkeys at the MEN with Witter pushing for the fight. Hatton's excuses changed....'he needs a major belt', 'he doesn't deserve a fight with me', etc.....but it didn't wash then and it certainly does not now.
    as for boring fights, yes Witter has been involved in a couple...but so has Hatton, don't deny that. Personally i'd rather watch Witter fight than watch Hatton bore in trying to land anything from punched to elbows, that's just me though.

you sound like Wicky himself with all this bull****.....sport is about finding out who is the best and if the fight does not happen we will never know, thanks to ducker Hatton.

5. GazOC

GazOC Guest Star for Team Taff Full Member

Jan 7, 2005
    Calling Hatton a 'ducker' rings pretty hollow when you consider who he won his title off and who his next opponent is.

Both P4P Top 3s at the time of Hatton fighting them.

6. brown bomber

brown bomber 2010 Poster of the Year Full Member

Jul 1, 2006
    You out sucka- are you saying you would rather watch Witter-Mayweather then Hatton -Mayweather?

7. Nemesis

Nemesis Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 9, 2005
    he reckons he is going to watch Hatton - Mayweather, go figure :patsch

8. Betty Swollocks

Betty Swollocks James 'Lights Out' Toney Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    i'd rather watch Hatton-Mayweather, Jeff. Styles and all that. I just don't agree with this belief that Hatton is super-exciting and Witter a boring runner.
    honestly, why do you think Hatton-Witter has never happened? I see Hatton's bore forward stlye playing right into the hands of the thudding counter-punching of Witter. The style match-up is interesting as a solid case for it being in Hatton's favour can be made also, I agree.
    I pick Witter by KO though.

9. GazOC

Jan 7, 2005
    I hope they make the fight as some point, it should have happened around the time that Hatton was having 'nothing' fights at the MEN waiting for Zoo.

10. ron u.k.

ron u.k. Boxing Addict banned

Feb 14, 2006
    you wish

11. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    In my view I have always felt that Witter could do Hatton from way back however I don't believe those who have handled Ricky's career have ever been that keen on the match up. This is very similar to Benn versus Eubank. Ultimately I think the guys to beat Witter is a skilled boxer puncher who is quicker than him. The performance against Harris was outstanding. Witter does and has always had some technical deficiencies but I don't think Hatton has the right style to take advantage of this. Please no more excuses let the match ber made after PBF defeats Hatton.

12. Naidah

Naidah New Member Full Member

Jan 1, 2007
    Depends which Witter turns up, at his absolute best he can be a nightmare for Hatton. If he's on top of his game, he can counter Ricky with big shots, as Hatton takes the fight to him. I think Witter far prefers it when the fighter comes to him, he can counter with his fast poweful punches coming from awkward angles.

Hatton will do his homework and it should be an interesting fight, Witter on top form can make it very interesting, he'll catch Ricky with big bombs, will the hitman be able to absorb them?

13. Shev

Shev Active Member Full Member

Jun 9, 2007
    I know sarcasm is the lowest form of wit but its also the highest form of intelligence in you continue the quotation. I'm just starting to get tired of people saying oh a slick boxer will beat Hatton, Hattons ducking him. I don't even like Hatton and its evident from my posts but I'll take him over Witter any day. Witter talked crap for ages and Hatton has said many times that he'll let Witter bask in obscurity for that and because Witter's too happy to run like against Judah or bore like against Corley.

Does anyone remember the round in Witter-Corley where both stood still for at least 20 seconds waiting to counter.

14. Dunky McCafferty

Dunky McCafferty Boxing Junkie banned

Aug 24, 2004
    & of course Sucka, you will be hurting with the rest of the Hatton fans when he comes unstuck against Mayweather... I look forward to rubbing all your Hatton hugging noses in it.

15. GazOC

Jan 7, 2005
    Bring it on Dunky!!!