Witter knocks Hatton out

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Betty Swollocks, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Dunky McCafferty

Dunky McCafferty Boxing Junkie banned

Aug 24, 2004
    Exactly Gaz, Its me against the ESB world now. It just shows how much Hatton is loved, when I cant even bank on my fellow scots to back me up!:lol:

2. GazOC

GazOC Guest Star for Team Taff Full Member

Jan 7, 2005
    You're a well balanced bloke Dunky, you've got chip on both shoulders.....;)

Get behind a British fighter as he takes on the P4P #1 in the world....I find it really wierd that some Brits are hoping Hatton will lose.

3. "TKO"

"TKO" Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 23, 2007
    Hatton may well lose in December. Hell for Christ's sake he's stepping up in weight to take on the p4p #1 on the other side of the world in his own backyard. Fact is, you still have to admire his balls for trying. If he does lose, it's Mayweather for Christ's sake, not quite the same as being outclassed by a shot Manuel Medina!!!

4. Betty Swollocks

Betty Swollocks James 'Lights Out' Toney Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    and I find it even wierder when people back someone just because they happened to be born on the same patch of land.
    I hope Wicky beats Mayweather, but it's got nothing to do with nationality.

5. Claypole

Claypole Boxing Addict banned

Aug 4, 2007
    It's called national pride.

6. Max Molyneux

Max Molyneux Liverpool Liver Tickler Full Member

Jul 11, 2005
    Didn't Hatton talk of a homecoming fight?

Witter would be perfect for that.

Sucka has a solid opinion though, plus he knows how good Calzaghe Is.

7. Danny

Danny Guest

Hatton vs Witter is an intriguing bout. Would be nice for us fans it happens sooner, rather than later, but I suspect if anything prevails, it will the latter.

Witter's performance against Harris was solid. He was in control & didn't become discouraged when Harris showed resitance. The left hook that effectively endec the fight was a nice shot. Witter hits hard, harder punch-for-punch than Hatton in my opinion.

However, Hatton would put Witter under immense pressure & Witter would be very uncomfortable with that. Whilst I felt he paced himself well against Harris, Witter may not be given such luxury against Ricky.

For British boxing, I hope the fight happens. It's one I'd love to go to watch live! If Hatton loses to Mayweather, then the fight's nearer to hapening, if he wins, then I expect to see Hatton vs De La Hoya, May 3, 2008.

8. brown bomber

brown bomber 2010 Poster of the Year Full Member

Jul 1, 2006
    I think the fight has never taken place purely because Witter IS dangerous and he ISN'T well known- should Hatton lose to Mayweather then really there is no reason why the match shouldn't take place. Witter is better known these days and though I think he is def world class I think Hatton would swarm him. I don't think FW was ever keen for the match he could have easily matched Witter with Magee a few years ago and instantly a impressive Witter victory would have sold the fight to the public and on the other hand a Magee win gets him out of the picture. I like Witter and Hatton and I hope they get it on!!

9. pedrosuk

pedrosuk New Member Full Member

Jul 28, 2007
    Witters the man because he knocked out a poor Harris 3 rounds later than he should have ?
    Hatton would demolish Witter

10. Napuis

Napuis Straight talkin' mo'fuhha Full Member

May 12, 2007
    Change the record idiot. If Hatton beat him you'd say Witter was 34/35 and past it and come up with a new contender you've 'been saying all along will expose Hatton'.

Would Witter have beaten these well past it chumps? Not once in ten fights with either of them, or Hatton himself. If Witter fought ten fights now against Hatton, Tszyu and Castillo he'd lose all thirty. The **** is not in the same class, it really is that simple.

11. Dunky McCafferty

Aug 24, 2004
    :lol:

Dont worry Sucka my good man, Im just winding you up:D

You asked for it as you were the no1 hatton hater on ESB & changed your tune, it was my DUTY to noise you up Glasgow style:smoke

If you want Ricky to win then fair enough, we are all allowed to change our mind about fighters! You should know how I operate by now;)

However, no need to knock me cos I cheer on fellow scottish fighters:nono Who the hell do you think you are?

Dont worry my Hong Kong highlander, just playing wit ya:D

12. Dunky McCafferty

Aug 24, 2004
    Now THATS what im talking about:smoke

13. Betty Swollocks

Betty Swollocks James 'Lights Out' Toney Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    yeah no wories Dunky, by the way my wanting Wicky 'Atton to win this fight has everything to do with having a deep loathing for shithead Mayweather.....it's the one and only time I will hope to see overrated cherrypicker Hatton win. I'm still in the 3 musketeers of yourself, Scurla and myself...whether you like it or not.:thumbsup

14. Dunky McCafferty

Aug 24, 2004
    No probs Sucka my man, we have to keep the Hatton fans on their toes at all times:smoke As the gurning twitching BB host Davina would say "Dont worry, Its panto!"

ESB in a nutshell.

15. Strike

Strike Boxing Addict banned

Sep 14, 2004
    Sucka - imagine if Hatton wins. How will you then be able to hate him for being a "cherry picker"? Assuming he has just chosen to face PBF, has won and that his next fight is against say a Witter, Malignaggi, Torres, Cotto or DLH?