Witter Vs Harris on the 7th September

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Max Molyneux, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Max Molyneux

Max Molyneux Liverpool Liver Tickler Full Member

Jul 11, 2005
    According to boxing talk anyway.

Mods seem to delete the links to the place though for some reason yet this a boxing forum that reports news!

2. Amsterdam

Amsterdam Boris Christoff Full Member

Jan 16, 2005
    I'll take Witter by UD.

3. Max Molyneux

Max Molyneux Liverpool Liver Tickler Full Member

Jul 11, 2005
    Good choice sir.

Witter Is art In motion screw people who find him boring.:happy

4. Strike

Strike Boxing Addict banned

Sep 14, 2004
    I take Witter by KO.

5. BigEars

BigEars Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 30, 2006
    Good that a date is finally announced . I'm gonna go with Harris by decision .

6. Amsterdam

Jan 16, 2005
    Witter's power is not that great, if Laszcano can't put Harris away, despite landing quite a bit, neither will Witter.

7. scurlaruntings

scurlaruntings ESB 2002 Club Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Says the man who thinks Hatton`s current legacy is greater than Hamed! :lol: Dude you wana share that pipe your smoking?!

8. Amsterdam

Jan 16, 2005
    Sure, Hamed never defeated any name on the level of Tszyu or Castillo. See Hatton's victory over Luis Collazo? That's the level of fighter or less that Hamed has wins over.

Then losing every round to Barrera, an ATG in it's right and retiring. Ask yourself why he retired?

Hamed fans claim it's because he lost a step, well, it's because he'd have lost to every other P4P level fighter that he'd have faced after that.

So where is his legacy superior to Hatton's? You can list out every titlist and former titlist that Hamed beat, but every single one of them were no better than a Luis Collazo level fighter, and I am talking about Kevin Kelly, Smoke Gainer and the rest. Hamed never faced JMM, Morales and others, he faced Barrera and lost a one sided embarassing decision, JMM would have dished him out a brutally one sided stoppage loss in his current form, much less a prime JMM and Morales would have beat him silly also.

You can discredit that win over Castillo, because Castillo has lost a step, but say JMM, who's now on the downslide also moved up to 135 to fight Juan Diaz, who's generally a light hitter, but Diaz blows out JMM in 4 rounds and then adding Freitas and JMM KO wins to his record... how could you not give credit for that?

You simply don't want to give Hatton credit. Well, Casamayor may be down the line for him, as would be Juan Diaz and any pick from the 140 crop. So you may not agree with me now because you're a Hatton hater, but very soon there will be nobody who can deny that Hamed's resume is inferior, even the haters.

9. PowerPuncher

PowerPuncher VIP Member Full Member

Jul 22, 2004
    Your ignorant
    This content is protected

10. PowerPuncher

PowerPuncher VIP Member Full Member

Jul 22, 2004
    Anyway a true 50-50, either fighter has the power to KO the other, Harris has some brutal 1 punch KOs against top10 level fighters and Witter has fantastic 1 punch power. Both maybe cautious though and box to a UD.

11. scurlaruntings

Jul 19, 2004
    Seriously mate shut up.Im not going to even go there.Your obvious ignorance is plain as the nose on your face.Anyone who thinks Hattons resume is better than Hamed is either stupid or new to boxing.

12. My dinner with Conteh

My dinner with Conteh Tending Bepi Ros' grave again Full Member

Dec 18, 2004
    McCullogh robbed of the super-bamtam crown? I hope you don't mean the Zaragoza fight? Extremely fair decision (and i've never seen written otherwise, other than by one judge).

13. Strike

Strike Boxing Addict banned

Sep 14, 2004
    Witters power is awesome. He did not sit on his shots before the loss to Judah, but when he was a very young pro people were talking about his power and wondering why he wasn't showing it in the ring.
    After Judah he went back and decided to sit down on his shots, look for power as his dancing, Graham impression had not cut it against the best.

He then won 15 KO victories in a row. But more impressively he had N'Dou all over the place and down twice in the first 2 rounds. He bust his hand and the fight ended up going the distance. But look at how he has N'Dou down and almost out a guy who ate what Cotto had and never really looked like being stopped.

Witter savaged Battaglia and had Corley in huge trouble with one glancing shot in the 6th round (if I remember it right). When he connects you are in trouble.

14. stake501

stake501 Active Member Full Member

Apr 7, 2007
    I've said it once, and i'll say it again

Hamed as a person should be judged on Barrera not Hamed the boxer....as we all know that was not an Ingle trained prime Hamed in the ring with Barrera, that person retired a few years before.

a prime Hamed would give anyone around 130 a great fight. His one punch KO power at that level was truely mesmerising.

Having said all that...what a knob he was. Have you seen that documentary before the Barrera fight, that should eb shown to all up and comng boxers as a DO NOT DO THIS instruction manual

*edit* sorry i meant 126 not 130

15. scurlaruntings

Jul 19, 2004
    This may be true but as an ATG at 130 Hameds status is not disputed.He is one of the best ever at that weight.Arguably his also the biggest hitter ever at 130.