Witter vs Harris - WBC Light Welterweight Title

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by stake501, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Scrappy

Scrappy Achilles Apprentice Full Member

Aug 23, 2007
    Exactly, I can't understand those who believe Witter deserves a shot at Hatton. If Hatton beats Mayweather, sorry, I mean when Hatton beats Mayweather, Witter won't even be on Hatton's radar. Hatton will have bigger fish to fry, maybe De La Hoya, maybe Cotto, but not Witter.

Besides, Witter couldn't handle Hatton's power. :bbb

About tonight's fight, I admit I'm not really a Witter fan, in fact the guy annoys the hell out of me. But he is British so he's got my support, but there won't be any tears if he loses.

2. Chief_Second

Chief_Second Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 12, 2007
    anyone on stream link? can't seem to find one

3. SevenSamurai

SevenSamurai 3 year ESB vet. Full Member

Aug 18, 2005

Excellent post.:deal

4. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
  5. achillesthegreat

Jul 21, 2004
    Good question. I haven't seen it. I knew there was another fight on.

6. achillesthegreat

Jul 21, 2004
  7. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    I must say I thought Junior Witter was excellent in his knockout victory over Vivian Harris. I had this as a 50/50 fight going in but Junior gave for me his best performance in years. Prior to this fight and his performances over the last few years he seemed to be on the slide however at age 34 he showed excellent speed, poise, power and precision. He still has some of the technical weaknesses he has always had but not many can take advantage of this. A perormance like this will expose Hatton is he does not have the domestic superfight with Witter. As for Ajose this was excellent as a fight with Witter will be easier to make as the title remains in Britain. Exciting times in the 140 pounds division. I am no fan of Witter but full credit must be given where it is due.

8. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    Ajose is prepared to fight anyone but are they?

9. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    Ajose knocks out punchers and beats up boxers. Ajose does not decline opponents. He works on a simple philosophy which is if you are a Junior Welterweight or Welterweight he will defeat you period.

10. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    Strike that sounds a bit churlish mate. You should check my guy out before hoping he gets KO'd which is not going to happen. Please watch him and you will adopt him and become a fan. Cheers mate.

11. Pat Breen

Pat Breen Member Full Member

Sep 2, 2007
    ...great post..right on the money..:happy

12. Healy

Healy Former Wee Poof

Feb 13, 2006
    very impressed with Witter. Im doing a write up of this today... might post it

13. ron u.k.

ron u.k. Boxing Addict banned

Feb 14, 2006
    cheers ajose.

14. Dunky McCafferty

Dunky McCafferty Boxing Junkie banned

Aug 24, 2004
    Exactly. Now Strike is a poster who I respect. Hes got a bit of an ego, but thats mancunians for you;)

Put it this way Strike, me & my pal Topdog used to argue with Olu, but when you actually sit back & take in what he is saying, Olu is a top, top lad as you mancs would say.

In other words Strike, picking a fight with Olu is like picking a fight with the scots posters. Cos hes one of us now:deal

15. Max Molyneux

Max Molyneux Liverpool Liver Tickler Full Member

Jul 11, 2005