WK vs AJ who do you want to win

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by infini IV, Apr 20, 2017.

who do you hope wins this

1. WK

36 vote(s)
    45.0%
  2. AJ

44 vote(s)
    55.0%
  1. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    For me it doesn't matter much. If Joshua turns up the winner he's the natural successor and if Wlad beats him instead then it adds another chapter to an incredible career.
    What I hope for is a good fight without any form of controversy.

That said, I slightly favor Wlad because of the giant step up in class for Joshua. But I wouldn't be surprised at all if Joshi demolishes Wlad instead.

Bustajay and pincai like this.
  2. Peril

Peril The Scholar Full Member

Jan 6, 2011
    Wlad. AJ is very young and will be back on top in no time. Let the aging lion have his last kill.

3. alangjk

alangjk Active Member Full Member

Aug 7, 2015
    I have no strong feelings one way or the other.

Just hoping for a good fight.

pincai likes this.
  4. madballster

madballster VIP Member Full Member

Jul 21, 2009
    I always liked Wlad, but for the division it'd be better if AJ won and unified the division. Out of AJ, Wilder and Fury I think AJ has the best package between mental stability, technique and discipline.

Staminakills likes this.
  5. LondonRingRules

LondonRingRules Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 5, 2011
    AJ. Much better for the sport if the guy with more than 1 or 2 fights left in him wins. He has a much more fan friendly style as well.

Will also shut all the hardcore snobs up who are furious that AJ is helping attract new & casual fans to boxing. So desperate to see him lose so they can start screaming 'I told you so!!!' Without actually caring about what would be good for the sport.

Staminakills likes this.
  6. Darxide

Darxide Active Member Full Member

Dec 9, 2007
    The dumbest post I have read in awhile.. can't pass this one by.

He is 19 fights in and you are talking about Resume? Really.. show me a SINGLE boxer from any time period who had an excellent resume at 19 fights, full of current/former champions. So take his last few names, Martin was a belt holder hence fighting him made every bit of sense. Breazeale was a top 10 ranked challenger and a good first defence pick. Molina was a stay busy fight until he could line up a bigger name.

Post like this mark you out as a casual fan. Piece of advice.. don't post without first having a decent understanding of the topic.

Staminakills and IKSAB like this.
  7. DoubleJab666

DoubleJab666 Dot, dot, dot... Full Member

Nov 9, 2015
    Unequivocally, I want Wlad to win

Sephiroth Rising 7 likes this.
  8. DoubleJab666

DoubleJab666 Dot, dot, dot... Full Member

Nov 9, 2015
    What is it with you and Brits? lol

I'm gonna rename you BrittyBritzz...

BlizzyBlizz likes this.
  9. covetousjuice

covetousjuice Putin did nothing wrong Full Member

Apr 21, 2015
    He's an Olympic boxer. That experience is nothing? Completely irrelevant for the pros? Acting like he's fresh out of high school or something marks you as ******ed.

My issue that he specifically seems to target fighters with inflated rankings from bull**** wins.

Sephiroth Rising 7 likes this.
  10. IKSAB

IKSAB Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Nov 29, 2014
    Don't know why anyone would want Wlad to win, as a guy I don't mind him but his rule bending and personal refs have made a mockery of the HW division for far too long. Even if for whatever reason you don't like Joshua, at least the guy brings an exciting style and fights CLEAN.

Staminakills likes this.
  11. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Wlad of course. And Dwyer has me convinced Wlad wins.

:deal:

12. ellerbe

ellerbe It’s a Tank world Full Member

Jul 25, 2014
    bu bu bu blizzy is waycist. he's like todd and willis, utter scumbags that have never once rooted or picked a top black fighter against a white one. that's why blizzy picked Kovalev to beat Ward, and is rooting for Wlad to beat AJ. He's waycist!

BlizzyBlizz and dinovelvet like this.
  13. Price is back

Price is back E16 Canning Town banned Full Member

May 31, 2016
    I'm white and only root for white fighters how is that racist ? Most blacks do the same. I am what i am ands no one is going to force me to do otherwise.

14. ellerbe

Jul 25, 2014
    You don't find it odd to hate on every fighter from your own country that is black? And then root for white fighters that are from another continent, and try to claim them as your own? LOL. And yes, I do find it odd when blacks who aren't cuban try and claim black cuban fighters, or when non-filipino asians try and claim Pac as their own.

15. ellerbe

Jul 25, 2014
    Btw Wlad is a legend in this sport. So I can understand why people would root for him against AJ. But when you only root for fighters based off race, it shows that you're really not a fan of the sport but a part of the problem. You said it yourself, you don't care about a boxers style, personality etc, you only root for boxers based off race. And yes this goes for blacks/asian/hispanic people from countries with diverse races too. If you're a white dude from EE, it would odd as **** if you hated on every white EE fighter, and only rooted for black ones.

Bustajay and dinovelvet like this.