Wlad Klitschko Could He Come Back And Win A Belt?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Rico Spadafora, Sep 2, 2020.

1. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    :lol:

hello, Dino.

On The Money and kriszhao like this.
  2. BCS8

Aug 21, 2012
    There's a sudden influx of noobs and alts that just say any old thing that comes into their heads :deal:

3. Mike_b

Mike_b Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 9, 2020
    Imo he's only as good as his cardiovascular is. He's at an age where his big body gasses. And he doesn't fight as energy conserved as let's say a Bernard Hopkins. Who would punch grab and headbutt repeat. If nobody pushed the pace or upped the ante on wlad he would still be coasting beating the Tony Thompsons of the world. He basically retired witj all his faculties and legacy intact.

4. seansanashee

seansanashee Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 27, 2010
    Vitali would have a good chance of beating anyone in his prime.

vituman, the_Hawk, BCS8 and 1 other person like this.
  5. The Underdog

The Underdog Member banned Full Member

Aug 6, 2020
    Joshua has showed far more heart than Vitali who flat out quit against a blown up LHW with 3 rounds left in the fight. He would destroy Byrd as quickly as Ibeabuchi did.

Vitali never beat anyone near Joshua’s level, and lost both times he stepped up to elite comp. Has a much weaker resume. From the data we have, Joshua via KO is the most logical outcome.

Lastly, Ruiz Jr > part timer Sanders. Better, bigger fighter. Definitely can’t imagine him being sparked by Nate Tubbs in 2 rounds.

6. Rico Spadafora

Rico Spadafora Master of Chins Full Member

Feb 20, 2008
    So your data tells you a guy who was never knocked down and displayed an absolute Iron Chin gets KOed by Joshua? :lol:

kriszhao, BCS8 and UnleashtheFURY like this.
  7. The Underdog

The Underdog Member banned Full Member

Aug 6, 2020
    Pele Reid says hi.

8. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    My data tells me that a guy who got his glass jaw shattered by Ruiz and nearly by a rusty 41 year old Wlad isn't beating prime Vitali Klitschko.

9. BCS8

Aug 21, 2012
    :risas3::risas3::risas3:

When we need an example of somebody that DKSAB we can always refer to this post.

kriszhao and UnleashtheFURY like this.
  10. Rico Spadafora

Rico Spadafora Master of Chins Full Member

Feb 20, 2008
    I don’t pretend to know what would happen in a Vitali vs Fury fight but I am fairly certain Vitali would beat Joshua. In fact I don’t think Joshua would land anything significant. Vitali was a very awkward fighter and he had an Iron Chin and was not scared to mix it up or finish an opponent. For him to say Joshua KO’s Vitali Klitschko goes against just about all logic and data we have :lol:

kriszhao and UnleashtheFURY like this.
  11. Kingmaffe

Kingmaffe Active Member Full Member

Jul 22, 2017
    I would give him a solid chance against Joshua and a very slim chance against Fury. Would have him favorite against anyone else.

And I do believe we will see him in the ring again. He has spoken about George Foreman’s record in the past, and I think he will try to break it. In a years time, when he is old enough, he will challenge for one last time. If the HW landscape hasn’t changed he will go for Fury, as anything less than lineal champ would be insufficient.

12. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Joshua was BLITZED by a fat Mexican. His rep is still in tatters as far as I'm concerned.

13. RightLeftCombo

RightLeftCombo Active Member Full Member

Feb 21, 2019
    I think Wlad should have had a tune-up bout before challenging against AJ when he did.

It's now late 2020 and Wlad is 44 years of age. He hasn't boxed for three years. Would he still hit as hard? His athleticism has probably eroded a bit since. There's no way he just comes back and beats Fury or Joshua, first fight back. We'd have to assess him in a prelim match or two and see how he looks.The odds imo would be against it but I wouldn't write him off either.

14. George forearm

George forearm The forearm of George Full Member

Aug 10, 2020
    Fury,Jasua and usyk are probably out of vlads reach but everyone else is fair game hes just gone through to much ware and tare over his career

15. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    I've said confidently for the last 2-3 years that Wlad could come of retirement and knock Whyte out in convincing fashion without having a tune up. Povetkin KO'ing him at 41 has cemented that position and it's not changing at least for a couple of years.

BCS8 likes this.