Wlad still in fighting shape.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Jacques81, May 16, 2018.

1. Pretty Boy Floyd

Pretty Boy Floyd Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 10, 2016
    People only look old and washed up in their 40's because they don't exercise and have a poor diet, anybody can look in great shape at 40 years old its just that most 40 year olds have let them selves go. Wlad has always been a gym rat that takes pride in his appearance, same with floyd, same with hopkins, same with guy's like carl froch etc, People think oh these guys just have amazing genetics and look young, no they have just always taken care of their bodies, too many people like to make excuses and blame genetics.

Brighton bomber likes this.
  2. reckless

reckless Active Member Full Member

Mar 18, 2018
    His punches looked so slow against Joshua. The only reason he even got back into that fight was because of Joshua's own stamina issues.
    He better stay retired.
    He's not stupid like a lot of boxers who spend all their money and then keep fighting well past their prime.

Jackomano and iii like this.
  3. iii

iii Boxing Addict Full Member

May 3, 2016
    I'll be honest I have never heard of this. I'm a "Brown faced" mixed race person & half Irish with a very very Irish surname. Also,have a few mates who are travellers who I have met at family gatherings over the years etc, never had any problems at all... not a one. Never seen any Asian people apart from some 'init boys ' who started pestering the travellers girls at a sunbed center once in Liverpool & boy did those lads get stomped...but that would happen to anyone who was choopid enough to dis-respect their women...Honestly never heard of this rift your talking about, I am originally from Liverpool but moved down South quite a few years back so maybe there are problems now ?
    TBH when I was a kid at school I had most fights against the black kids as I was a "yellow man" like Haye, Bellew, Ward etc...they soon learned Irish/ Jamaican don't play & that was just my sisters lol !

humbug likes this.
  4. SmackDaBum

SmackDaBum TKO7 banned Full Member

Nov 22, 2014
    It also proves how scared Lennox Lewis was of both Corrie Sanders and Wlad.

Atleast Wlad had balls enough to sign up for paychecks to get the L's.

5. chico g

chico g What are you staring at Mr Trump?! hahaha! Full Member

Oct 18, 2008
    Deontay needs that win against a ATG . This would be a perfect opportunity for the Wilder to bring over Apollo Klitschsko and brutally beat him into submission, Rocky 4 style. Lol Wlad gets stopped in under 6 rounds by the devastating bronze bomber, and makes that bodybuilders win obsolete.

6. marting

marting Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    The Jennings fight was when things really started to crumble for Klitschko. I remember watching that fight and his aggression was non-existent. He couldn't pull the trigger and his punches looked a little slower and his accuracy was awful. He'd still beat nearly all the heavyweights today but after watching his performance against Joshua and how he was unable to close the deal he was smart to get out. His accuracy, timing and aggression were in a steady decline and he knows it.

7. madballster

madballster VIP Member Full Member

Jul 21, 2009
    He won't come back. Way too smart for that. And lots of money in the bank, he doesn't need to come back.

kriszhao likes this.
  8. Luis Fernando

Luis Fernando Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 23, 2017
    Lennox Lewis also sucks! Probably even more! He barely even managed to beat a part time boxer in Vitali Klitschko in a controversial manner.

On The Money likes this.
  9. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Wlad peaked in his mid 30s but he could easily still come back and knock out Wilder. I doubt Wilder gives Femi anywhere near as tough a fight as Wlad gave him.

Jacques81 likes this.
  10. Heavyrighthand

Heavyrighthand Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 29, 2005
    I recall he and his brother used to say that early to mid 30s was time to retire

but once Wlad was faced with that choice himself, he couldn’t resist and continued past his peak

Granted he did look very competitive in the Joshua fight, and could still probably beat everyone but maybe one or two heavier currently fighting, but you could tell his reflexes were noticeably slowed and he had obviously depleted below his high“Klitschko standards” which dominated everyone for so long

At 41, though, given how competitive he was against the absolute best heavyweight fighting, Joshua, I think Wlad could beat Wilder.

But he was so dominant for 10 years, his own standards were so high, it was time to retire. Probably two or three years past time to retire

But he did leave on a good note and a very good performance

11. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    Please tell me I'm not understanding the joke..

12. Luis Fernando

Aug 23, 2017
    Not a joke! Lennox Lewis failed to comprehensively, easily and without any difficulties beat a part time boxer who commonly is said to not have been a great or even good all along to begin with in Vitali Klitschko. And boxing was literally one of the least important priorities in the life of this Vitali Klitshcko.

So not only did Lennox Lewis go life and death against someone and failed to beat that someone without controversy who wasn't good / great to begin with, but also against someone who was a part time boxer all along.

That should really explain the level of the quality of Lennox Lewis! If Lennox Lewis didn't suck, he would've put the part time boxer who wasn't great / good to begin with in Vitali Klitschko to sleep in just a few rounds. Couldn't do it because Lewis sucks and always has.

13. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    Ok that's your opinion but explain the controversy to me..

Because as far as I remember a fat, out of shape, on the verge of retirement Lewis ripped VK's face to pieces with punches and VK was stopped, legitimately.

If you mean VK gave Lewis a very hard nights work then sure, but to say it was controversial is a stretch.

So in your opinion because Lewis struggled in that fight he is average/poor or whatever you're saying?

What about the rest of his resume? the other fighters he beat? His career as a whole..

Compared to the likes of other fighters around his era like Holyfield, Bowe, Tyson I don't think Lewis comes out that badly.

14. Luis Fernando

Aug 23, 2017
    Beating someone on cuts is a controversial victory. Especially if the fighter that is cut is willing to continue. Meaning, Lewis didn't finish off Vitali by his own, without the referee's help.

Vitali Klitschko was a part time boxer and was never a great / good to begin with to many people. So being 37 years old, and supposedly being out of shape, fat and being on the verge of retirement is an invalid excuse. He still should've literally put someone at the caliber of Vitali Klitschko to sleep in just a few rounds without needing the help of a referee to get the fight stopped in favor of himself. The fact that he couldn't, proves he sucks!

And the fact that Lewis even had difficulties against someone at the caliber of Vitali, also proves he sucks.

What about the rest of his resume? Let's see:

His best wins are Evander Holyfield, Mike Tyson, David Tua, Michael Grant, Ray Mercer and etc. All whom were beaten just as convincingly, if not more by other heavyweights at the time.

Chris Byrd beat Holyfield and David Tua just as convincingly, if not more than Lewis.

Larry Holmes beat Ray Mercer astronomically more convincingly than Lewis did. Lewis was exposed as a feather fist with the punching power of a girl against Ray Mercer.

Danny Williams beat Mike Tyson more convincingly.

And so forth so on!

Lewis's resume is grossly and disgustingly overrated. He has not a single OUTSTANDING win!

WalcottsBentFace likes this.
  15. WalcottsBentFace

WalcottsBentFace Member banned Full Member

May 12, 2018

I just wish Lennox had the testicular fortitude to keep his promise to Vitali and rematch him. Oh well. Had to listen to his Mom's advice I guess.

Luis Fernando likes this.