Wlad Still Underrated

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by LeeD1982, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Arms2Short2BoxWithGod

Arms2Short2BoxWithGod PBCFanboyKiller Full Member

Aug 5, 2019
  2. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Vitali was tougher although he peaked earlier due to his injuries and lay off. Possible Wlad would have beaten his brother at the point he retired in 2012.

BCS8 likes this.
  3. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    I'm also of the opinion that Vitali ought to be favoured head to head simply due to his insane toughness. On the other hand, Wlad hit harder and had a better system of fighting.

On The Money and Odins beard like this.
  4. Simon Head

Simon Head Member Full Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Vitali lost nine rounds.
    Wladimir is still a great boxer though, certainly one of the best, and beat better opponents than his brother. Wladimir only lost on the cards when he was near forty, a age the majority of boxers are getting slapped around be c level opponents, or retired.

5. SmackDaBum

SmackDaBum TKO7 banned Full Member

Nov 22, 2014
    Sanders had him down and Lewis exploited his terrible guard, defence and facial bones/skin against real competition.

Those were the only great fights he had. Other than that a rather weak resume just like Wilder.

6. Odins beard

Odins beard Fentanyl is one hell of a drug.... Full Member

Apr 13, 2014
    It wasn’t the weakest era in history at all.

For example Tyson’s run in the 80’s was far weaker.

7. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    My man Sanders :D
    Really? Tell me more about this fight Wlad had with Lewis. Somehow, I missed it.
    :rolleyes: No. Just, no.

8. Richmondpete

Richmondpete Real fighters do road work Full Member

Oct 22, 2015
    Well that baseless argument sure helpshsupport your desired reality but sorry no it wasn't. Not by a Longshot.

Contro likes this.
  9. Scorpion

Scorpion Boxing Addict Full Member

May 9, 2006
    Ray Mercer said Wlad hits harder than Lennox.

Any man that hits harder than Lewis is a man to be feared.

10. Odins beard

Apr 13, 2014

11. Odins beard

Apr 13, 2014
    Tyson ruled over a division of modern day cruiser weights and fighters with drug addictions. Just because they happened to be Americans does not equate to a better era.

Your initial post on Wlad ruling over the weakest era in history is in fact baseless, I just provided a weaker era as a example. There are more weaker eras in the echelon of heavyweight boxing history.

12. Somali Sanil

Somali Sanil Wild Buffalo Man banned Full Member

Sep 1, 2019
    Agreed, that's why hes all time, hes in with a very select few
    Yep, the class and iq would show its head with a flash knockdown then a ko later, he would've closed the show as you say at 35 a few rounds later with AJ than what we seen, it would be reversal
    Great legs, and for his size could bounce as good as any heavy when he moved

kriszhao and BCS8 like this.
  13. Somali Sanil

Somali Sanil Wild Buffalo Man banned Full Member

Sep 1, 2019
    In certain match ups, yes I would agree, but Wlad sparks cold the same fighter Vitali has to beatdown, far more skilled, Vitali was just like a monster, unbreakable with good skills himself and tough as anyone but Wlad was an offensive genius if he chose

BCS8 likes this.
  14. Richmondpete

Richmondpete Real fighters do road work Full Member

Oct 22, 2015
    Lol@ modern era cruiserweights. Wlads best win is povetkin who is smaller than many of Tyson's opponents and was never even a champion

You didn't provide anything accept an opinion. I provided mine which is in line with the majority of boxing fans. Your opinion is aligned with delusional Europeans that are desperately trying to fluff up the modern heabtweight era because it's the only time theyve ever seen any success

15. Odins beard

Apr 13, 2014
    No yours was infact to an opinion to.

Are you saying that the 20’s/30’s/40’s/50’s where better eras than Wlads?

Povetkin would have been by far Tyson’s best win in the 80’s as wouldChagaev and Ibragimov. Hell Byrd would have been top 3 at any time.

You are holding on to the Black/American heavyweight “theme” a little too much.

Now tell me how I’m wrong.

George Crowcroft, kriszhao and BCS8 like this.