Wladimir’s resume-Fury will never reach that level

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Heavyrighthand, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Eggman

Eggman "The cream of the crop! Nobody does it better! Full Member

Dec 2, 2015
    vitali stared over fury getting his hands wrapped and drew a love heart on them, dirty tricks and mind games

2. Heavyrighthand

Heavyrighthand Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Fury has the size and slick, fast hands and fast defensive moves, and now aggression and a bit of power, it seems.

But what he really lacks can’t be taught.

And that is mentality.

Mental strength and discipline that LASTS for year after year.

certainly. fury’s current focus is good to see, and he is certainly running the division here in 2020. But will he be in 2022, 2024,2026,2028?

Extremely unlikely. A mentally strong fighter like Wlad that mainTAINS his grip on the entire division for TEN years,......that kind of professional mindset AND skill set don’t come along very often.

And he’ll be the “best since Lewis” for years to come.
    I am a big fan and am rooting for Fury to clean house......but to be realistic, his dominance will be a fairly short lived reign, given what his mentality, or lack there of, has shown us thus far

3. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Byrd x 2
    Povetkin
    Chagaev
    Ibragimov
    Haye
    Peter x 2
    Brewster
    Pulev
    Chambers
    Rahman
    Botha
    McCline
    Barrett
    Mercer
    Brock
    Thompson x 2
    Jennings
    Schulz
    Mormeck
    Wach
    Jefferson
    Williamson
    Nicholson
    Austin
    Pianeta
    Leapai
    Shufford
    Bostice
    Castillo

And Wlad already bounced Bootleg D up and down off the canvas like a yo-yo in the gym and hurt and wobbled him numerous times, to the extent that if it had been a real fight the ref would've waved it off.

Heavy_Hitter likes this.
  4. Heavy_Hitter

Heavy_Hitter Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 7, 2018
    Fury didn't fight a lot of top fighters.
    How did he win every belt? From grandpa Wlad?

5. bruce_keyes

bruce_keyes Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 9, 2008
    You are right. the only thing Fury has that Wlad never did was the WBC belt. oh yeah, and he beat Wlad too I guess lol

6. herbzg

herbzg Euro-Level Athlete Full Member

Dec 5, 2009
    Those three victories - chagaev povetkin and ibragimov are better than anything on Fury’s resume . All undefeated proven, prime contenders with great boxing pedigrees. Fury’s resume consists of a former D league basketball player with no boxing ability and a 40 year old Wlad. Excellent post

gdm likes this.
  7. Eggman

Dec 2, 2015
    Iggy and chag lol.

pov was better than both and wasn’t even a title holder.

have you actually watched iggy fight???

8. Eggman

Dec 2, 2015
    Wlad was 39 when fury beat him.

sanders was 37 and fat when he iced wlad.

How many losses did wlad avenge?

aj avenged his right away.

audley Harrison avenged 4 of his 7 losses.

DrederickTatum likes this.
  9. DrederickTatum

DrederickTatum We really outchere. Full Member

Mar 20, 2020
    Yeah!!

Tyson Fury isn't great enough to come back from losing to the great Ross Purrity.

Wlad top 5 heavyweights of all time,
    just below Purrity.

10. DrederickTatum

Mar 20, 2020
    Can you elaborate on this? Never heard it before.

11. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    I can't disagree with any of that.

I can't imagine any of the greatest heavyweights not losing at least once or probably twice against the other greats. Some, I think, are far more vulnerable than others and would be more dependant on being opportunistic. For instance, Wladimir Klitschko and Anthony Joshua are more vulnerable than the likes of Evander Holyfield, Vitali Klitschko, Tyson Fury because they would certainly be "easier" to get out of there than the latter, who are clearly more resilient. However, because their offence is excellent, you couldn't write them off from beating anyone either.

One of the worst things right now is the whole "Tyson Fury beats Anthony Joshua easy" crowd. Maybe he does, but you can't approach a fight with that kind of mentality, against such an accomplished boxer. Personally, I would love to see Anthony Joshua get sparked, because I really don't like Matchroom. But that is a tough fight for either man and I hope Tyson Fury's crew who are beating that drum are just doing it for show.

That's what makes boxing so entertaining, even more so than most sports. Boxer A could beat Boxer B, Boxer C could beat Boxer A and Boxer B could beat Boxer C. That's why the best need to fight the best.

It's therefore hard to evaluate Wladimir and Vitali Klitschko, because they did not have the opportunity to thrive in such an environment. Wladimir came closest, because he became the bridge between two eras. He ultimately failed and he failed earlier in his career, too. Vitali failed to finish with an unblemished record when it could have been so possible, in retrospect. If he showed the kind of heart he showed in the Lennox Lewis fight against Chris Byrd, then people these days may have been more likely to blow his trumpet.

What people shouldn't do is label Vitali Klitschko boring. Sure, he may have been in several overmatched, boring fights, but he was an exciting boxer stylistically. Don't throw both of the brothers in the same boat.

One was cavalier, the other was calculated.

DrederickTatum and Eggman like this.
  12. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    This content is protected

Watch this. You can see the padding at certain points during this video.

dinovelvet, Eggman and DrederickTatum like this.
  13. Eggman

Dec 2, 2015
    Really never heard of the ring padding? Google ring padding Klitschko

14. DrederickTatum

Mar 20, 2020
    Cheers.

Padding definitely looks thicker than 1".

It would be hard for me to make a judgement without physically feeling it, but it would explain how often Haye slipped in their fight.

Have other fighters or their teams made this complaint before, or just Fury?

15. Eggman

Dec 2, 2015
    only team fury had the foresight to inspect the ring correctly.

others just bounced about on it for a minute. I think there is a video on Lennox walking on it and he nearly breaks his ankle lol

DrederickTatum likes this.