*Wladimir Klitschko-David Haye Build-up Thread*

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by ishy, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Champion

Champion Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 28, 2011
    :rofl

2. Flea Man

Flea Man มวยสากล Full Member

Sep 7, 2008
    Considering there were plenty of Brits picking Wlad, what's your problem?

Haye is pants but so are the Klitschkos, do one you thread bumping spastic :hi:

3. roe

roe Guest

I don't see much wrong with this poll to be honest. It was always a very difficult fight for David Haye given such a big difference in both size and experience. The poll is pretty much 50/50 on a British forum.

And I actually believe Haye would have much more of a chance if he somehow got a rematch.

If you want to laugh at a biased forum, check out the Pacquiao/Marquez III threads on the Philippine boxing forum where 80% of people thought Pacquiao won :nut

4. Bryn

Bryn Boxing Junkie banned

Sep 22, 2011
    This thread was before I joined the forum, but I certainly would've picked Wlad by UD.

5. Lazarus

Lazarus Realist Full Member

Jan 1, 2010
    ****, don't bump this. It's too close to beating my one! :lol:

6. Gooners2

Gooners2 Archie Solis Full Member

Nov 9, 2011
    Emanuel Steward got it spot on when he said it would be Wladimir's footwork that will beat Haye. It was. Haye couldn't use his movement to offset/reset Wladimir in order to attack him because Wladimir was too good at cutting the ring off which closed up the angles Haye's movement was supposed to create that he was looking to attack on.

Soon as Haye took at a step back he'd lost that fight.

7. roe

roe Guest

Nothing to do with Wlad being much bigger then..

8. leo_messi

leo_messi Guest

I went with Wlad by KO/TKO originally...

9. Gooners2

Nov 9, 2011
    Not really. Haye probably has a comparable reach to Wladimir, so competing on the outside shouldn't of been such an issue. Its just that Haye has little ability to compete on the outside with his jab, therefore he decided instead of trying to compete with his own jab, he would try and get Wladimir to give his height up by moving laterally trying to offset him, only as I said, he couldn't do that because Wladimir is so good at cutting the ring down. Wladimir didn't really make Haye feel his power either, so that argument doesn't stack up for me. Wladimir is just a better fighter when all said and done.

10. Lunny

Lunny Guest

:lol:

Pleasantly surprised to see I was in the 5%

11. Lunny

Lunny Guest

Soon as he took a step forward Wlad leaned on him, as he does with all fighters.

Haye and Booth had obviously come up with what they saw as a genius plan to just go down whenever Wlad did his leaning trick.

End result: Haye looked ridiculous

12. Gooners2

Nov 9, 2011

Wlad can only lean on you if you get close enough to him, which is where Haye should of tried to utilize his jab if he had any aspirations of winning. You're not gonna beat a Klit unless you have a jab. You have to try and compete on the outside and work your openings when trying to be aggressive. If you languish inside you will get tied up. If you stay on the outside trying to use movement you will only get the crumbs they leave you, as they try not to give up their height.

One of the reasons Brock did okay early against Wladimir is because he stepped up to the pocket and was trying to compete with him with his own jab.

Irony is Haye seemingly had a decent jab back in the day from what I've of his amateur bouts.

13. Gooners2

Nov 9, 2011
    Another thing to........ One of the reasons Haye got tied up is because he was trying to throw big punches from the outside without having worked his way in. I said before the fight if Haye wasn't gonna use the jab to work his way in, and was gonna try and shoot in with punches, that he would have to prepared to fall short with the first 1 & 2, but provided he was following his combinations up, that he would eventually be able to close the range down, however as I say, he was loading up on big singles, so he couldn't find that second phase to close the distance that Booth was talking about. If you watch the rounds Haye did better in, it was when he put his combinations together and was prepared to follow up his attacks, as Wlad has a tendency to move straight back on the line before moving off in a circle. You throw a big 1 -2, how slow do you think your transition from that punch is gonna be to the next couple of punches, the 3 & 4? You will of over-committed and put too much weight on one side, meaning it will take longer to shift that weight so you cant follow up with another punch quick enough, which will of given the opponent enough to move away from the attack.

14. Liam CJ

Liam CJ Guest

well done you.....gump

15. persianprince

persianprince Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Wladimir Klitschko terminator pic?