Wladimir Klitschko: Joshua beats "Fart in the wind" Tyson Fury

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by ForemanJab, Apr 15, 2018.

1. mirkofilipovic

mirkofilipovic ESB Management Full Member

Jan 7, 2014
    Wlad is replete with acrimony it seems :yaay

2. Reg

Reg Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 5, 2016
    I don't know why people are so surprised. This is completely in line with Klitchkos idea of a true champ leaving a solid legacy. Fighting the best available over time instead of milking a single great win.

3rdegree, Holler, Gymbot and 3 others like this.
  3. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Wlad is correct, altho Fury is one of these farts that hangs heavy with stink and needs a force 10 to blow away.

4. Farmboxer

Farmboxer VIP Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    The Fury that fought Vlad will beat Joshua and Wilder. Will he be in such good shape by then? Fury/Joshua will happen......................doubt if Wilder will fight Joshua....................if he does I will be surprised, but if Haymon does not contro everything...................

5. OpinionOfACasual

OpinionOfACasual Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 3, 2017
    As a 'boxing fan' i like all 3 guys....Wlad, Fury and AJ.

But Wlad is just speaking the truth.

One win doesn't make you a great fighter.......

If we all judged on that basis then Rahman > Lewis etc.

Based on what we have seen since Fury won that fight, Joshua has become the most complete fighter in the division.

kriszhao, Hugo98, Jobo1878 and 3 others like this.
  6. bruce_keyes

bruce_keyes Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 9, 2008
    If Tyson is a fart in the wind, tell us Wlad, what's it like to be beat by a fart??

dinovelvet likes this.
  7. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Wlad sounding bitter but then the way he was messed around by Fury in trying to rematch him, you can't blame him. Fury went into that rematch knowing he was suspended, knowing he wouldn't be allowed to fight but instead of allowing Wlad to continue on with his career, he basically wasted the final years of Wlad's career with a constant stream of lies to try and hide the fact he'd been done for doping.

Wlad also isn't wrong. There have been fighters in the past that could capture that one moment of brilliance like Kirkland Laing, Leon Spinks, Buster Douglas, Ingemar Johansson, Jim Braddock, Michael Bentt, Oliver McCall, even Riddick Bowe to a lesser extent, but they could never repeat it. One good performance even a great one, does not make a great fighter.

8. Faceplant

Faceplant Lucky Full Member

Dec 31, 2015
    Nah, Fury is more like that vicous fart which you have been brewing for ages, and when you release it hangs around for hours and leaves several people unconscious.

HerolGee likes this.
  9. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Agree with Wlad and always have.
    I was amazed he beat Wlad back in 2015, but we all saw that fight and Fury's fights leading up to it. There's no legit reason to suspect Fury could have put up a string of defences, with his shortcomings, lifestyle and certainly not because he was caught on Nandrolone that same year.

kriszhao and LondonRingRules like this.
  10. HerolGee

HerolGee VIP Member banned Full Member

Sep 22, 2010
    wlad knows his farts.

SnatchBox likes this.
  11. BeaverDan

BeaverDan Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 23, 2007
    I feel people are missing the point Wlad is making because a lot of people are saying this.

When he says fart in the wind he means he is good for a very short time. So he is saying he was good but he is not disciplined enough to stay good.

Didn't help that the OP didn't quote all of what Wlad said.

12. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    This content is protected

ticar likes this.
  13. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Fury is a good character to have back, but I very much doubt that he occupies Wlad thoughts much. As things stand Fury is a footnote in the chapter of Greatest World Heavyweight Champions belonging to Wlad.

If anything would've been irking Wlad it would've been losing to someone who self destructed, scattered the belts that he had unified and defended and finally, the biggest insult of all, tested positive for PEDs.

I think that's why the Joshua fight was such a redemption. Even if he lost he showed immense heart, great fighting ability and he was within a whisker of reaching the summit once again against the much younger coming force. It's one of the great stories of boxing in recent years and frankly it's a lot more memorable than anything fury is yet to achieve.

kriszhao, Hugo98 and Villasteve like this.
  14. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    He's saying that a part of being a great champion is possessing the mental discipline and self control to not only reach the top but to stay there. To withstand the stress, expectation, temptations of riches etc that go along with hitting the big time.

It's the single biggest difference between the one fight wonders and the legends of the sport.

kriszhao, Hugo98, SnatchBox and 3 others like this.
  15. Season Ticket

Season Ticket New Member banned Full Member

Apr 7, 2018
    You're just salty because you didn't like his opinion! Wlad has been in the ring with both men, I think he has a better perspective on this issue better than any armchair warrior. Serious, can people offer their opinion without being viewed as having a hidden agenda.

SnatchBox likes this.