Wladimir Klitschko vs Alexander Povetkin

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Anthony Birts, Aug 4, 2013.

1. damian38

damian38 BigDramaShow Full Member

Sep 11, 2011
  2. Lightheavy

Lightheavy New Member Full Member

Nov 12, 2011
    I think Povetkin has a chance if he lets his hands go with the combination punching that he's known for and if he uses angles through good footwork to set up his punches while slipping Vlad's punches. He can't win this by staying at long range allowing Vlad to pick him apart with his jab and straight right hand. Povetkin has to move forward quickly and elusively and step to the side at times to vary his attack so Vlad won't be able to time him coming in. He should jab his way in as well, but his footwork and positioning will be key in my opinion.

This is the heavyweight title fight I've been looking forward to for a long time.

3. speck

speck Milky Way Resident Full Member

Apr 3, 2010
    Not gonna happen. He will get hit and a lot. If he doesn't take out Wlad in 3-4 rounds he's toast.

4. madballster

madballster VIP Member Full Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Right like vs. Chambers when he let Eddie take half the earl yrounds. Or vs. Chagaev, where he struggled like crazy in the mid rounds. Or vs. cruiseweight Huck, where Huck had Povetkin on ***** street.

Povetkin struggles with big occasions. He lacks strong nerves and appears frozen too often, especially so in big, important fights.

5. Lightheavy

Nov 12, 2011
    I guess I'm just trying to have a little optimism that we might get a somewhat competitive(fun to watch) heavyweight championship fight, which we haven't really had for a while.

6. Lightheavy

Nov 12, 2011
    I guess I'm just trying to have a little optimism that we might get a somewhat competitive(fun to watch) heavyweight championship fight, which we haven't really had for a while.

7. Lightheavy

Nov 12, 2011
    Sorry for the double post. Technical problem of some kind.

8. Stallion

Stallion Son of Rome Full Member

May 6, 2013
    They both seem to be very respectful towards each other, which is good and also very rare to see in this sport.

9. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    I dont consider fighting bums like Chambers and Chagaev to be big occasions. He just underestimated Huck.
    Wlad will be a big occasion and I expect him to fight with same fire and determination he had in the olympic final when he brawled the **** out of RC.

10. Bathory

Bathory Active Member Full Member

Jan 10, 2012
    Agree, except it might not be as long a night as you mention. :D

11. itsa huge bitch

itsa huge bitch Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 9, 2011
    i love this post..gonna break it down..

povetkins toughest opponents have been (huck,chambers and chagaev) but in your mind are bums..
    (who he struggled with by the way,BIG TIME)

in your land wladimir fights nothing but bums.so in your own way your saying povetkin does the same thing..

but in your own wee warped mind povetkin winning will stop wladimir fighting bums..but would leave povetkin to go on to fighting the same (bums) and thus bring life back into the hw division...

who seriously lets their hatred of a fighter send their delusion over board like this..its embarrassing..

12. itsmeagain1

itsmeagain1 Guest

Wlad fighting a shorter man again. Fk id rather see wilder have a shot than this

13. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    You completely misunderstood the post. No surprise, you being a total idiot...The rest you made up yourself...There are good and bad Klit fans here, but you are by far the worst. ima huge ***** -brainless Klit nuthugger no.1