Wladimir Klitschko vs Ali

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Toney F*** U, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    He had of course excellent gas tank and moved like 175 lber while had weight 215 lbs.
    Liston was 220 lbs vs 215 lbs Ali and actually Ali size was like Dorticos size who is too small for modern HW.
    Patterson was approx 190 lber. :D
    Frazier was smaller than Ali.
    Foreman again like Liston was slower than Ali.

Might prime Ali beat dudes like prime Valuev, Fury, A.J, Wlad or Vitaly is dream's question.

2 from notable boxers he had beat were smaller than he was: Patterson and Frazier.
    2 from notable boxers he had beat were slower than he was : Liston and Foreman.
    Liston was approx 5 lbs heavier than Ali. That's it.

2. Drago

Drago Member Full Member

Jan 27, 2013
    This is always a good point and a never ending story.

Most Ali fans believe the 22-25 years old Ali with his absolute peak at the age of 24-25 would beat anyone in history, and the argument is: "He was never marked".

Sure, but is anyone here who believes Ernie Terrell would have a real chance ot beat a prime Wlad? If you ask me Wlad would kill Terrell, he would punch him to death like he did with Chambers or Pulev.

I am not a Wlad fan and i dont believe these Super-HWs are superior, but the argument "Ali was never marked in his prime" is to me a little weak, simply because he had the physical advantage over almost all opponents during those times, and even later he was still faster as Foreman.

I would say a 24-25 years old Ali beats 35-36 years old Wlad, but it would not be a walk in the park and easy win like so many Ali fans believe.

3. West of Hollywood

West of Hollywood Active Member Full Member

Nov 17, 2018
    No way Wlad would be able to ragdoll Ali who was very strong and could hold his own with Foreman in the clinches.

Glass City Cobra likes this.
  4. Ph33rknot

Ph33rknot etreuM aL Full Member

Mar 5, 2012
    I'm a contrarian so wlad

5. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    This isn't a size argument, its a styles one. Fury has a significantly better chance of beating Ali than Wlad does because Wlad is a hell of a lot more robotic. Listen there is no bias on my side. I genuinely think you just have a thing for Eastern European fighters

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
    El Gallo Negro and Oddone like this.
  6. Blandman

Blandman Active Member Full Member

Jun 7, 2019
    Ali, KO. No question.

7. Surrix

Sep 16, 2020
    Fury is less predictable than prime Wlad, this yeah. Also looks that he is a bit larger than was prime Wlad.
    Still prime Wlad, how painful this might look, was more agile and faster than prime Liston, also larger and heavier.
    Wlad not likely had played with Ali low guard game and closed distance vs Ali without high guard.

Overall yeah, Fury is more difficult to predict than Wlad and he is more versatile.

Size does matters a lot.
    Patterson had lost not only vs Ali, also vs Liston, who had significant weight and reach advantage vs Patterson.
    Patterson was very good boxer, Olympic Gold medalist, articles about his amateur career proves that he had 37 wins via KOs in amateur ranks and 40 wins via KOs in professional ranks.

By today's measure Patterson is small for cruiserweight division, not alone HW division.
    Prime Ali most likely might had made 199 lbs weight in weight and Frazier too. Their size in modern days is crusierweight boxer's size.

JunlongXiFan likes this.
  8. SmackDaBum

SmackDaBum TKO7 banned Full Member

Nov 22, 2014
    Wlad easy victory. Think of David Haye without the power. Thats your fight.

9. Mordechai

Mordechai Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Lets be honest, without nostalgia for the past.

Ali gets beaten by:
    Holmes
    Tyson (Frazier 4.0)
    Holyfield
    Lewis
    Wladi
    Vitali
    Fury.

End of discussion.

But here: ali is the best, he will beat everybody

Joeywill, ShovelHook and Toney F*** U like this.
  10. Quina74

Quina74 Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 25, 2019
    Only way Wlad wins this is by doing what he did to Povektin... A disgraceful performance which he should have been disqualified

11. Surrix

Sep 16, 2020
    Well, at first in fight Wlad vs Povetkin not rarerly clinch had been initiated by Povetkin himself and there of course, Wlad was too large and too skilled for him to beat up in clinch.
    While Povetkin likes me a lot, comments about their fight usually are anti Wlad biased.
    I ofc do know that in a lot of fights Wlad was boring and had octopused his opponents but this wasn't in place in fight vs Povetkin.

Ali too in 70 ies used a lot of holding and might had been DQed and also he get discussion worth win on cards vs Norton, suspicious performance vs Frazier in one fight etc alike.
    Don't misunderstand and Ali likes me a lot, boxe is Ali. Life is life.

BTW one from boxers most likeable for me is Dempsey and he was more dirty than xx modern boxers judged as dirty in forums.
    Clinch fight and standup wrestling was part from sweet science until this get more modern rules.
    This is nothing new, this is old school pre WW2 and especially pre WW1 pro boxing.
    If this is done by Wlad then this is bad. Dempesy? Cool and fair.

BTW, Dempsey likes me more than Wlad. :D:D

12. MarkusFlorez99

Jan 13, 2021
    You're clueless

Glass City Cobra and Loudon like this.
  13. MarkusFlorez99

Jan 13, 2021
    Well i agree Patterson is tiny and isn't even a real Heavyweight. Even too tiny for Ali as Ali toyed with him and Liston demolished him twice in 1 round. But this isn't Floyd Patterson vs Wladimir Klitschko, this is Muhammad Ali vs Wladimir Klitschko.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
    Bokaj likes this.
  14. Surrix

Sep 16, 2020
    Dosen't matters, I might imagine hologram of 215 lbs Dempsey and Patterson vs Ali.

Ali was very good and 200-220, maybe till 225 lbs size boxers prime Ali is GOAT.

You value surnames more than real size and life.
    I will not post stuff that Canelo, prime Kovalev or Beterbiev will beat prime Dorticos in good shape. He will KTFO them all.
    While you are glued with surname and think that prime Ali wasn't CW boxer by modern criteria. He was.

So more painful for Ali fans:
    prime Lewis, Wlad, Vitaly, Valuev and Fury, A.J will KTFO prime Ali from 60 ies because they are too large for him to beat up.
    Despite in forums EE boxers are often called as stupid, not likely they will use the same guard as had used Liston when he closed distance vs prime Ali.
    BTW, nor Fury, nor A.J, nor Vitaly, nor Tyson nor also Lewis or Valuev.

They just are too large for him.

Like Canelo and prime Hopkins are great and cool boxers, they will not beat up even Dorticos ( dude is approx in Ali size ).

Ali from 60 ies if !!!! and only IF will have good nights might reign current CW and Bridgerweight divisions.

15. Surrix

Sep 16, 2020
    Patterson and Marciano with modern dieticians and nutritionists, sport doctors and years long game plan might had been now LHW boxer.
    I think he then did had 60% chances to beat prime Beterbiev and Canelo. Beterbiev is old now btw. I talk about prime per prime boxers.
    Patterson= approx natural 190 lber after training camp and pre fight camp with 0 water cut there for weight ins.