Wladimir Klitschko vs. Andy Ruiz Jr.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by VG_Addict, Jun 17, 2019.

1. HerolGee

HerolGee VIP Member banned Full Member

Sep 22, 2010
    I'd go with ruiz, but the figth might seem too high risk for wlad to take, depending on if ruiz is a one hit wonder or not.

more likely wlad would wait for ruiz to age to 36/37 and then face him, maybe asking him to come out of retirement. Just basing it on the facts of what he did in real life , dont damn me, damn wlad for it.

2. chico g

chico g What are you staring at Mr Trump?! hahaha! Full Member

Oct 18, 2008
    I would favour Wlad, because he was good at fighting at range. But Ruiz was better than most of the fighters in his last reign. There weren't many fighters that could do that to the bodybuilder Joshua.

3. lefthandlead

lefthandlead Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 1, 2010
    I think the heavyweightds from last era were better. I think most of the top 10 from 2001-2010 would beat both Ruiz and AJ.

gold and gdm like this.
  4. northpaw

northpaw Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Wlad during his actual title reign would not make the mistakes that would allow Ruiz to take advantage. Wlad tko 8

5. gdm

gdm Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Ruiz is getting overrated here. Joshua will KO him in the rematch . Any version of wlad stop Ruiz

lordlosh likes this.
  6. Rock0052

Rock0052 VIP Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2006
    Ruiz wouldn't catch him, and Wlad's too smart to give him the countering openings he'd need to win.

Wlad wide UD. Probably not too far off from the Ibragimov fight if you were looking for a comparison, with Wlad opening up a little bit more than he did there due to Ruiz's orthodox stance.

Wlad NOW might still be able to spring the upset.

BCS8 likes this.
  7. Mr Icaman

Mr Icaman 32-0 WBC Champ, Ring + Lineal HW Champ Full Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Wlad is a ATG, Ruiz has had one good win (on paper if this forum is correct).

Any version of Wlad pummels this fat blob into the ground..

MidniteProwler and Heavy_Hitter like this.
  8. kirk

kirk l l l Staff Member

Jul 26, 2004
    I definitely think Ruiz gives Wlad issues, but imo Wlads style is somewhat made to neutralize a guy like Ruiz. Hed be jabbing effectively at distance and clinching when Ruiz tries to close range.

I think Ruiz would have his moments, possibly even scores a knockdown at some point... but I think Wlad controls the time in between those moments of success and wins a well earned, convincing UD.

Just imo

kriszhao likes this.
  9. notjustacasual

notjustacasual Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Jun 3, 2019
    Wlad was too good at maintaining distance and Ruiz doesn't have good defence, Wlad's jab was a thunderous one unlike AJ'S and he'd land it a lot on Ruiz, who marks up

I imagine a tired, swollen faced ruiz lunging in around round 8 and leaping straight into a right hand from klitschko which he doesn't get up from within 10

BCS8 likes this.
  10. kriszhao

kriszhao Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 8, 2008
    who came out of retirement to fight Wlad? ( please say Sanders and show your Bias and tell me when Corrie was Retired :) )

11. Stallion

Stallion Son of Rome Full Member

May 6, 2013
    Ruiz wouldn't touch Wlad. Not even once.

Height, reach, intelligence, distance control, jab and power. Everything is heavily stacked in Wlad's favor.

Klitschko would start cautiously jabbing and frustrating Ruiz until the time is right to knock him out mid-rounds. This would be considered an "easy cherry pick" for Wlad by the haters.

12. mirkofilipovic

mirkofilipovic ESB Management Full Member

Jan 7, 2014
    :duh

BCS8 likes this.
  13. HerolGee

HerolGee VIP Member banned Full Member

Sep 22, 2010
    neverman sanders bothers u very much.

no matter, wlad would wait for ruiz to age, yes.

14. dangerousity

dangerousity Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 4, 2005
    Cant see Ruiz unloading on the inside. Wlad has much better footwork and 10x the jab, and he would just tie him up on the inside, reset and jab his face off. When he gets tired, finish him off with the power shots.

Joshua is a 6’6 fighter who likes to fight on the inside throwing uppercuts. It’s weird.

15. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone banned Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    Klitchko shutout

BCS8 likes this.