Wladimir Klitschko vs Joe Frazier -- you know this is gonna be divided.

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Shake, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Perry

Perry Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 26, 2015
    To reach Joe Wlad has to reach down. That's what fighting in a crouch is all about.

2. Foxy 01

Foxy 01 Boxing Junkie banned

Apr 23, 2012
    I think Vlad is far from stupid, and he would soon learn what effect an uppercut would have on little Joe.

3. Perry

Apr 26, 2015
    You do realize a right uppercut is a dangerous punch to throw against a left hooker? To land it Wlad has to dip, drop his guard on his right side......in other words be wide open for the Frazier hook. As the ultimate NON risk taker I don't see him taking that risk.

4. N_ N___

N_ N___ Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 1, 2014
    I think Wlad would shut him down.

5. N_ N___

N_ N___ Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 1, 2014
    Wlad would smother Frazier until the wind left him. Unless the ref allowed no clinching at all, I don't like Frazier's chances even a little.

6. Cisco Route

Cisco Route He Who Says Nay banned

Apr 14, 2014
    I think Frazier's pressure presents a problem for Klitschko and his stamina issues. This would probably look something like the first Brewster fight only Wlad doesn't land nearly as much...

7. 2piece

2piece Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 14, 2014
    Wlad would not throw enough punches to keep Frazier off of him the way that Foreman did, or how Ali did the first couple of rounds in the FOTC. Also Samuel Peters head motion in the first two rounds against Wlad gave him all types of trouble. When it comes to holding, Frazier would still be working on the inside to Wlad's body the whole time, he would be there able to work with only 6 inches of space the whole time while Wlad is too busy holding to throw back, not to mention he has no in fighting skills.
    No matter what size his opponent is Frazier is coming inside to get in their face and thrash them to the head and body all night long until they wilt, or until the final bell has rung. The ONLY man to stop him from doing so was George Foreman, so by that logic I can see him doing so to the majority of boxers. I have Frazier by KO in round number 11, if not a KO he out works Wladimir to a decision.

8. sauhund II

sauhund II Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 8, 2008
    LOL, Frazier is 1-4 in his signature fights......ko'ed three times in those 5 and two times in complete uncompetitive fashion....bounced around like a ping pong by a guy with no regard for defense....and good ol Frazier is just going to walk thu WK...lol....and of course WK is not going to land one shot because Frazier is soooooo elusive that his face looked like a moon crater after most of his fights.....

For years similar fools than the old timer nut huggers told us that Pac is going to dis and dat to the coward feather fist Mayweather.....when they eventually fought Pac looked like the scrub he is , winning two rounds.......

9. mcvey

mcvey VIP Member Full Member

Jun 2, 2006
    The referee could be a huge factor here, will he stop Wlad's nonstop clinching and laying over Frazier or will he, like Luis Pabon did ,allow Wlad to octopus his way through the fight?
    Frazier needs to get inside, Wlad can't fight inside.

Frazier has the workrate,Wlad the superior power.

Wlad's fights usually go on longer than they should because he is very reluctant to let his hands go until his opponent is tenderized to a state of near helplessness.
    Frazier probably walks onto something in the mid rounds and this gives Wlad the impetus to close the show, but if Frazier hurts him early it could develop into another Klit hug fest.
    I think it could descend into a maul with Frazier trying to make the fight and Wlad spoiling and holding, pecking away with his jab,[ and if the fights in the US being booed for his tactics,] before landing a money shot that puts Joe on qu*er street and momentarily gives Wlad enough tiger in his tank to end the fight. Not a the fight the crowd expected.

10. ribtickler68

ribtickler68 Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 27, 2013
    The referee is key, I agree. I think Vlad should have been disqualified against Povetkin for his mauling and constant holding. The ref in that fight wanted shooting!

11. Brock Rock

Brock Rock Member Full Member

Mar 16, 2015
    Frazier by KO anywhere between 8-12

12. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007
    More like Wlad shoulder lines up nicely with Frazier's head. In addition. Wlad could bend his knees a bit to go lower. How often was Frazier in his low crouch during a fight. 15-20% of the time at most?

Wlad jab is harder than Ali's, and his right hand which Ali landed with ease would land just the same on Frazier, except with 2x the power. Frazier has swelling issues, and in my opinion just an average chin vs. punchers.

Frazier was great, but he was very predictable. Wlad would own him on the outside and push him around in the clinch with shocking ease.

Frazier's only chance was the left hook, but Wlad seldom gets tagged by the punch. At 5'11" with a 73" reach, Frazier would have to get very close to land it, but just far away not to be tangled up. Not easy.

Wlad moves around the ring quickly when he wants to.

13. Ted Spoon

Ted Spoon Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 10, 2005
    The primary reason Foreman beat Frazier (mileage aside) was down to styles more so than power. George's pushy, front-foot shtick allowed him to land consistently. Joe had enough resolve to get up six times. The problem was each time he was shoved back into the blast radius. Foreman kept him off balance and threw in combination. Wladimir's style of tentatively jabbing automatically gives Joe much more of a chance to smoke.

Wladimir clinches to shut you down at a range where he is not comfortable. It's to disguise a weakness that opponents are too inept to exploit. Joe was great at wriggling out of clinches and finding spots that, say, the much stiffer Povetkin couldn't hope to. He had a speed and dynamism about him that could (and did) eat up gulfs in height, reach and weight.

There is the very real danger of Wladimir's punch. He hits like a truck with either hand, hooks well off the jab and comes down with a crunching right, but I suspect his decisions are going to be rushed as Joe bobs into his greedy range, and then, instead of being pushed off by a nasty young brute he is going to see two large arms spread out and try to clutch him. Wladimir would duly receive a painful lesson in fighting Joe Frazier 101 - don't try to clinch him.

The consensus weakness of Frazier was that he trudged out of the blocks. Frazier at his absolute best, which is the version we're using, shot out of them. He may get stung, he may even get floored, but Smokin' Joe should be odds-on to overwhelm the breakable giant.

14. Stallion

Stallion Son of Rome Full Member

May 6, 2013
    Mismatch. Wladimir wins easily.

Frazier too small to do anything.

15. Perry

Apr 26, 2015
    Prime Frazier always fought in a crouch.

Ali missed a huge % of his punches especially in fight one. Ali threw hundreds of punches so Joe was hit. He could not make them all miss.

The key here is PRIME Frazier who was a killer and had that one punch Ko power in his hook. I could see one quick hook by Frazier ending the fight.

Not saying he would win but that all it would take is that one punch.