Wladimir's signature win?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Oddone, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Ra's Al-Ghul

Ra's Al-Ghul The one and only! banned Full Member

Oct 17, 2014
    Jup I never claimed that this is a Klitschko. But he's from Ukraine as well and was over 3 years world champion.

2. ShovelHook

ShovelHook Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 22, 2019
    You're talking about Volodymyr Sydorenko. Not spelled the same way. So I know you think you're being clever but you're not. He spelled it Wladimir for the casuals who can't say it properly.

Loudon likes this.
  3. Heavyrighthand

Heavyrighthand Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 29, 2005
    The Chagaev win was impressing. Chag kept coming forward and keep the pressure on, but was controlled With Wlads size, power, skill, amazing jackhammer jab, and reach, and was taken apart

4. Antsu

Antsu Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 5, 2006
    David Haye impressed me most. Before that Peter but version who fought David Haye in that bouncy ring would not have had same problems with Peter

Big Ukrainian likes this.
  5. Ra's Al-Ghul

Oct 17, 2014
    No you are wrong both are spelled the same way in Russian; Wladimir is the German expression of it and if you watch some of Sidorenkos fights before Donaire (his second fight in North America) his first name was always spelled Wladimir too, on the TV underline among others.
    Boxrec only changed the name (to some English expression) at the end of his career, when he moved down to Super-Flyweight.

By the way you appear not so clever here, as I already wrote I mean Sidorenko (or Sydorenko) before and the guy who is this topic about would be spelled in English Volodymyr Klychko (as in German it is Wladimir Klitschko). So you have to decide which way of translation you want, but can't use two different languages, which is double-standard. Also Andreas Kotelnik is now spelled on Boxrec Andryi Kotelynk and Wladimir Virchis is now Volodymyr too. It are all the same names, but different transcription, none of these spellings are wrong, as I pointed many times here.

6. Heavyrighthand

Heavyrighthand Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Who can forget his one shot left hook knockout of Eddie Chambers. It didn’t even look like it had that much behind it, but he had such power in both hands it was amazing

His kOing Ray Austin without ever throwing Even one right hand

and the missile right hand that caused Brock to go cold before he hit the mat

vast and kriszhao like this.
  7. willcross

willcross Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Sometimes being too successful takes away any signature win. Wlad easily beat Pulev so it's not super impressive. If Wlad had performed a little worse and won a narrow decision over Pulev, rematched him to a controversial close loss, then beat and KO'd him decisively in a third fight it would be a very memorable trilogy and easily Wlad's "signature win". However, because Wlad was more dominate and took him out fairly easily in the first fight, it just gets kind of brushed over.

If Ali KO'd Frazier in 5 and never fought him again it would have actually detracted from his legacy even though it would be a better performance.

8. Entaowed

Entaowed Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 16, 2012
    Those ropes were not illegally loosened-they did not fit the ring they had there & Ali took advantage of it.
    He did get away with too much clinching, but virtually all of it in his '70's comeback.
    I am not aware of how the cards were unfair in the Frazier fights, & in the won he won vs. Norton, but am open to the argument.

9. ShovelHook

Jul 22, 2019
    I was pointing out how he spelled it differently in another language for the fans to understand it... Do you not get that? Also your English is very garbled and difficult to understand so I can't make much sense of the rest of what you were saying.

Oddone likes this.
  10. ShovelHook

Jul 22, 2019
    I feel he was outboxed by Norton in every fight, his jab nullified by a brilliant counter jab and a
    slippery crab guard. He just took away Ali's best weapon and outboxed him every time. Got dubious cards every time.
    Frazier beat Ali in the first and third in my opinion and many would agree. He retired on the stool out of sheer exhaustion in the second after beating Ali for the whole fight, a testament to Ali's toughness but a sign of a then fading Frazier too.
    Ali did have the ropes slackened to an illegal degree, that excuse you used is total nonsense. You saying they couldn't tighten a rope?
    He's the greatest heavyweight ever still in my opinion but I see so many people say he's the greatest boxer ever period and I'm afraid for those people I must say there were definitely a few fighters better than him.

Reinhardt likes this.
  11. Liquorice

Liquorice Boxing Addict Full Member

May 13, 2018
    Interesting stat: Wlad has faced 3 Olympic gold medal winners as a pro:

Mercer
    Povetkin
    Joshua

Has any HW faced 4?

Heavy_Hitter and kriszhao like this.
  12. Liquorice

Liquorice Boxing Addict Full Member

May 13, 2018
    I remember the Mercer win well , admittedly Mercer was old by then sure but he was always known to be game & durable & Wlad completely wrecked him! Was a demonstration of his potential & power:

Funny that ppl seem to praise HWs for beating the likes of an old Holyfield or Holmes or Klitschko (in Joshuas case) but when it comes to Wlad these wins are just written off as jokes, like the hug fest with Povetkin even though they'll slurp on Ali for dry humping Frazier or Tyson for blatantly trying to break peoples arms or gnaw their faces off like a rabid dog.. doesn't make it right all the hugging but he's not the first & he won't be the last to do it..

13. Ra's Al-Ghul

Oct 17, 2014
    But these which know him are probably aware who is meant, especially as a major part of his career was in Germany and he was always spelled the way I used.

Just the boxrec-warriors might it feel difficult to find him, if they didn't follow boxing till 2010 and never watched him live.
    It is like I would point it out Eagle Kyowa is now spelled Eagle Den Janalaphan, or that Sirimongkol Sikmanasak (Singwangcha) is now spelled Iamant, Wanheng has also different surnames, as Lennard Doroftei is written Dorin.

14. vast

vast Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 27, 2010
    Wlads younger days when he was an offensive machine. Impressive beatdown.

Heavy_Hitter and Liquorice like this.
  15. Vegan Beast

Vegan Beast Member Full Member

Aug 19, 2020
    He obliterated Povetkin who, in his prime, would slaughter anyone in this division now besides fury who he'd give a good match.

He also obliterated Pulev.

He also obliterated Prime Haye who would be top 2-3 now.

reckless likes this.