WMMA Removed From UFC!!! Would you care?

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by SnatchBox, Mar 2, 2018.

Would You Care If UFC Cut WMMA?

1. Yes

53.3%
  2. No

46.7%
  1. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    They should be allowed to compete but WMMA shouldn't be shoved down our throats like it has been for the last couple of years. Some of these fights being showcased over regular MMA is outright insulting. They really should only be showing the high level fights and throwing the rest in all all female WME run org. Of course that move would garner attention from rabid neckbeards and SJW so fat chance of that happening.

2. boranbkk

boranbkk "ไม่ได้โม้นะ" Full Member

Feb 19, 2012

I agree it should only be the higher echelon chicks on the big shows or being signed to the big organisations. But there has to be an on screen vehicle to get them there.

My post was more a reaction to the “women can’t fight” thing happening above.

DONT B SCARED likes this.
  3. DONT B SCARED

DONT B SCARED Pimpin Aint Easy Full Member

Mar 8, 2017
    I have serious doubts about the that guy above me working at a gym at all if he really thinks that all the 14 year olds at his gym could beat Cyborg lol.
    Obviously women and men are not equal in most sports and the debates about women fighting men is ridiculous.

boranbkk likes this.
  4. UnleashtheFURY

Sep 29, 2012
    It honestly repulses me on many levels but it should be allowed obviously. However.. I think most honest fight fans aren't interested in it for obvious reasons either, it's just a clearly inferior product and it really enrages me how much it's been force fed in recent years.... As if the UFC product needed to be watered down anymore than it already was. I yearn for the pre Rousey days but there's little to no chance of that happening.

5. DONT B SCARED

Mar 8, 2017
    Disagree fully with anything being shoved down your throat you don't seem to realise there is a market for womens fights and nobody is making you watch.
    I agree that a lot of these women don't belong in the UFC and poor quality but as boranbkk says the TV coverage for these fights will help increase the talent pool.
    I will repeat though I have no issue with UFC getting rid of all the divisions and have INVICTA as where all the divisions and champions stay and only the best fights being on UFC cards.

6. UnleashtheFURY

Sep 29, 2012
    It's clearly been force fed bro. Nobody cared about it pre Rousey, the last fight that had any noteworthy fanfare before her meteoric rise was Cyborg/Carano(Cyborg still being P4P women's fighter should say something)

There is obviously SOME market for this YES, no ****... But not enough to justify how much it's been pushed in recent years.

"The nobody's making you watch argument." Ughhhh dude. Can you be anymore cringe worthy? MMA is something I'm passionate about and the fact that it takes up space on cards is obviously going to bother me or anyone else who isn't fond of it(the vast majority of MMA fans - It's just not all of us are honest!)

If you don't have an issue then when the hell are you arguing? Seems like you're just disagreeing for the sake of it man.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  7. DONT B SCARED

Mar 8, 2017
    Can you be any more cringe worthy when you disagree with something I'm over your ****

8. UnleashtheFURY

Sep 29, 2012
    :crybaby2:

9. DONT B SCARED

Mar 8, 2017
    You clearly just read what you wanted from my post because I clearly said that the quality in most of these womens fights is poor and only the best fights should make it onto an MMA card.Cant believe you cant understand what was happening with the promotion in building WMMA,its a bit of a joke you ****ing try and talk up the **** fights you add to the tipping competition which are no better then some of these womens fights.

10. DONT B SCARED

Mar 8, 2017
    :eaea:truth hurts eh

11. UnleashtheFURY

Sep 29, 2012
    Again. Why argue my post if you largely agree with my sentiment? You're literally arguing for the sake of it. I think WMMA is ****ing **** and that Zuffa made a huge mistake in promoting it as much as they did. Big companies like Zuffa and WME make mistakes all the time and regardless of what you think pander. As for that pointless ad hominem(clearly suffering some rage here bro) I have WMMA in the league as well thus making your point moot, and no most of those fights showcase more skill than 99.9% of WMMA and you would know if you actually watched instead of talking out of your rear end like always.

12. DONT B SCARED

Mar 8, 2017
    I guess I can expect clueless and try hard to chime in shortly

13. DONT B SCARED

Mar 8, 2017
    The only part I disagree with was your issue with it being shoved down your throat when it was nothing but basic promotion building up WMMA when it was added to the UFC, then you try and **** on me because I gave the simple premise of not watching it if you don't like it for some reason.
    Rage lol look at your 1st response to me being a smart arse again for some reason I don't believe I showed you any disrespect at all.

14. UnleashtheFURY

Sep 29, 2012
    Because it has been lol. It literally was thrown into the UFC because of the Rousey buzz and NOTHING else......... By agreeing with me that it would be better if the lesser fights were promoter in another org you're kind of lending credence to my point that they've go overboard in promoting it. That "don't watch if you don't like." line is honestly pretty insulting lol, I mean it would have merit if directed at non-MMA fans but considering I'm a massive UFC fan it's impossible to ignore the fact that they shove several on almost every other card ... But that is usually the time I grab a beer, fix food etc. so.....

15. DONT B SCARED

Mar 8, 2017
    While I'm no expert on promotion I do know a bit and to me the promotion they have done is normal when building or adding a new product but I can except we just disagree which is fine.
    I'm also a big long time fan of MMA/UFC and I'm not going to getting into a pissing contest with you about who is bigger or long time fan of the sport or who knows but
    What's insulting to me is not getting shown respect when I give it to somebody,there is obviously a few scumbags on here who have always being an arse to me who I will always have an issue but overall I try and give respect and treat others how I wish to be treated,thats fine if you don't respect me or my opinion.
    Pretty sure I said in an earlier post that I know a lot of people who get food go toilet etc. when womens fights are on.