Woah! 'Tyson Fury Stop Lying!'~ Oleksandr Usyk responds to Fury's backing out comments.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Mark Anthony, Jun 7, 2023.

1. Mark Anthony

Mark Anthony Give me a big ol hug Haney! Full Member

May 17, 2023
    BCS8, vast and Jackman65 like this.
  2. Dubblechin

Dubblechin Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 25, 2014
    I think the thing I'll remember most about this era in boxing when the Brits finally had their time in the spotlight is ...

They were more than happy to move on if they got a win, but if you beat them you were going to have to beat them twice.

This automatic rematch thing has gotten utterly ridiculous.

You can't just negotiate one fight anymore. You have to agree on the terms for the first fight AND the rematch (should the Brit fighter lose the first fight), too, otherwise the first fight doesn't even happen.

Fight ONCE and see how it goes.

3. Mark Anthony

May 17, 2023
    The Brits, are you refering to AJ getting a rematch v Usyk?

4. Lesion of Doom

Lesion of Doom Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 21, 2015
    Please stop putting these thread titles in all-caps.

lordlosh, BCS8 and MarkusFlorez99 like this.
  5. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    I can see a rematch clause for the vanquished champ. I think it is only right to give the guy a chance to regain the belts he gave you the shot at. But if both fighters are belt holders then it depends on how close the fight was. A 1st round KO, or a back and fourth war that could have gone either way deserves a rematch.

6. Mark Anthony

May 17, 2023
    Copy and pasted, but noted.

Lesion of Doom likes this.
  7. MAD_PIGE0N

MAD_PIGE0N ... banned Full Member

Sep 3, 2022
    Man, you're posting some outdated things from a popular, but not very classy youtube.

Let's accept the rematch comes from Fury, fine. We still didn't get the answer why the fight failed, i.e. why Usyk pulled out at the last moment - timestamped:

This content is protected

Many people say Fury wasn't even training. So why after Usyk is so sure of his victory, including the fact Fury wasn't probably in shape, didn't actually accept the fight, beat him and walk away victorious without no longer caring about Fury? I can add the fact of how many rematches Usyk ever gave, so not having one, in this case, suits his career's actions.

8. Dubblechin

Dubblechin Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 25, 2014
    Anthony Joshua demanded a rematch clause for every title defense he made. When Ruiz and Usyk both beat him, Joshua got an immediate return. Ruiz was under the impression Joshua would fight him a third time if he lost the rematch. But once Joshua won, he was long gone.

Dillian Whyte demanded rematch clauses for years. When Povetkin beat him, Whyte got an immediate rematch. (Of course, Rivas didn't after the Whyte fight, even though Whyte failed his drug test and Rivas scored a knockdown. And Franklin didn't after the Whyte fight, either, even though many had it razor close. Whyte just moved on.)

Joe Joyce demands rematch clauses. (Takam didn't get a rematch.) When Joyce lost to Zhang, Joyce activated that.

Tyson Fury demands them now. Fury (as the challenger) demanded one before the second Wilder fight, so Wilder said he wanted one, too. That way, either guy could demand a rematch. When Fury won, Fury wanted to walk away. Wilder had to force him before an arbitrator to get him back in the ring.

If Fury lost to Whyte, Fury would've gotten a rematch. Since Fury beat Whyte, Fury just moves on.

Okolie has a rematch clause for Billiam Smith.

Josh Taylor had a rematch clause for the Catterall fight. He got floored, appeared to lose, but got a questionable decision. Then initially agreed to a rematch before walking away and said he wasn't fighting Catterall again.

Eubank Jr. had a rematch clause for something as non-descript as the Liam Smith fight. And he exercised it, but Smith got injured.

You almost have to beat a Hearn/Warren fighter twice, or it's almost like it never happened at all ... because you won't get the first fight unless you agree to terms for a second beforehand.

9. MorvidusStyle

MorvidusStyle Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 11, 2017
    Let's never forget that Povetkin v Whyte was an eliminator ... only if Whyte won. UK/Hearn corruption at its finest.

Dubblechin likes this.
  10. vast

vast Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 27, 2010
    Fury ran from Usyk and everybody knows it.

11. Mark Anthony

May 17, 2023
    Stop this! Fury sad Usyk pulled out by demanding a rematch, don`t you get it? He lied, it was Fury that asked for the rematch clause and is Usyk had excepted that then he`d fling some other crap into te negotiation, there is some reason Fury doesn`t want to fight Usyk, maybe he`s waiting for the Saudi money as their stadium isn`t ready till December, Fury is an egomaniac and I hope he loses soon.

Gareth Priest likes this.
  12. MAD_PIGE0N

Sep 3, 2022
    No, accept the fact: ok, Fury wanted the rematch initially, and so was Usyk - that is fine. Then Fury decides to offer no rematch - acceptable or not. But here comes the following: people claim Fury wasn't even training. Usyk is so sure of his victory. It made the perfect sense for Usyk to accept the no-rematch, go beat him while he's off-condition and say "farewell" because of the no-rematch.

13. Mark Anthony

May 17, 2023
    And he`s got longer strides so it wasn`t a fair chase.

14. lordlosh

lordlosh Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 4, 2014
    Muhahhahaha you are hitting an all time new low. People claiming Fury wasn't training? Can you even be a little objective? And then you wonder, why people are ignoring you, it's quite simple, you are beyond biased ....

But i will answer you, as is that hard to get it.
    Usyk team don't play games. They wasted way too much time with Fury, and should have moved long time ago.

And just to shut you up as usual.
    Fury owns brother, trying to cover Fury s**** says that Fury wasn't training.
    Now what story you going to come about it now ?
    This content is protected

Not to mention you were here defending Fury religiously and how he was in training camp, blq, blq, blq, only for Fury own trainer to expose him, and then Fury own father to want Fury to sack his trainer.

But yeah keep dreaming that it was people that claim Fury wasn't training.

As far as your next point, it's pretty simple. Fury would have never got to the ring. First they wouldn't have reached a contract, as Fury would simply start moving the next goal post, as he has done constantly.
    But let's imagine he sign for the contract, he would have pulled with an "injury" excuse or some other b.c.
    Just like he ducked Klitschko. Just like he ducked Ustinov.
    All he does is try to age Usyk.
    And why would Usyk waste his time, like Klitschko does, and being frozen for a year, and waste his career on inactivity due to Fury. Both him and AJ already lost plenty of months trying to dealing with Fury.
    It's not a coincidence no one wants to deal with the fatman.

And just to shut you up forever. It was Fury that never agrees to anything.
    His own promoter and Arum have said that the fight should have been 50-50. An easy fight to make.
    Then they rejected 60m. from the Saudi, wanting 120m. Usyk accepted the deal from Saudi, and was ready. Team Fury say ah no, we are moving to UK.
    Fury was offered multiple time 50-50, 60-40 for the winner, and even 60-40 for him. Nqh he wanted 70-30, so he can get away not fighting Usyk.
    And when his bluff was called, he start changing every goalpost.
    Usyk also agreed to no rematch, but with a fair split 50-50 or 60-40 for the winner. Fury didn't want either.

And lastly for the rematch clause, as people on here didn't get the full story, let's laugh at Fury.

He wanted 80-20 if he wins, and 50-50 if he have lost. An absolutely outrages split, when we have taken the first split into conversation.
    And Usyk agree to the 80-20 if Fury wins, but wanted 70-30 if he was to win, which was perfectly fair.

Basic math, if Usyk was to win and become the first Undisputed in 20+ years, he would have take 100% of the total purse(both fights), aka 50-50 in both terms.
    But if Fury was to win, he would have taken 150% of the split, and Usyk just 50%, and how is that Fair? Just 25% per fight, which is lower than some mandatory.

You can try it as much as you like, but Fury was exposed, and everyone see through his lies now, and he lost 90% of his fans.
    He try to play the same game he played with AJ in December, but this time he lost badly.

Curious what excuse you are going to use when Fury ducks the December fight again ???

Last edited: Jun 8, 2023
    Mark Anthony and Gareth Priest like this.
  15. MAD_PIGE0N

Sep 3, 2022
    Dear Lord, I ended reading another one your idiotic fermans right after your first sentence - people were claiming Fury wasn't training, not Usyk. Imagine how stupid the rest of your text is proving wrong something no one ever said - aaaaaaaa hahahahah!!