Woods v Gonzalez I and II

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by achillesthegreat, Oct 2, 2007.

1. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    What do you think? How would you rate each out of 10? Similarities? Differences? Did Gonzalez II help Woods?

I thought doing this again wouldn't really help him because he won clearly the first time. However Gonzalez did get some good wins to get his shot and it appears a good battle has got Woods a little bit more recognition.

I have to say that there is nothing like a good boxing battle to elevate a fighter in every way. I think it comes down to the fact that no matter how dominant, how scientific, how pretty, undefeated, ko puncher etc People want to see a FIGHT in every sense of the word. A give and take battle where what they want to see tested is tested.

I must give Woods full credit for improving as a fighter. He has changed his nutrition, become more experience and I believe is a better boxer and brawler now.

This impressive considering once upon a time Woods looked ordinary and beaten down every time he stepped up.

Woods is one of our true champs. A major player at 175 who has to become recognised.