Worried for Joshua

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Degale, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    After being stonch Ruiz, I'm edging towards Joshua. Although I did just listen to an Eddie Hearn interview while out for a walk so maybe I just need a bit of time to cleanse my brain :D

Scissors and Potwash like this.
  2. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    You should be more worried about a multi multi millionaire fleecing the PPV Mugths £24.99 when he can already wipe his arris with £100 notes for the rest of his life.

I feel worried for people starving to death etc

Work the body and chico g like this.
  3. Degale

Degale Active Member Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
    I think the problem was Joshua under estimating him and now when Ruiz clearly doesn't have as much respect for AJ as he claims, I would like to see AJ a bit of aggresive showing that he is angry and wants the belts back.

Potwash likes this.
  4. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Tony Dosh PPV built his name knocking over cheap puddings (Including PED Pudding Whyte), then Eh Day bought a belt from Charles Martin, defended against Deluxe Puddings then beat an old 41 year old man who had been dethroned and out of the ring for 18 months. This was followed by more defences against fringe puddings with a little fruit in them.

Tony Dosh PPV was dethroned by a small fat pudding and it was not a 'poor performance' - Tony Dosh PPV has been billed by Eh day as better than all the great Heavyweight Champions when the facts are his CV before Ruiz lacked any genuine contenders with a chance of winning with the exception of Old Klit.

The facts are Tony Dosh PPV is not very good and Eh day has milked a weak division dry. He has never dethroned a genuine World Champion in the ring, was wobbled by PED Pudding Whyte, decked by an old Klit and absolutely puddened in his last fight.

Tony Dosh PPV, win or lose this fight, is down as a Fringe Pudding and if he somehow loses to Rice Pudding Ruiz Jnr again, then he will join my Hall of Puddings on the wall in between Pudding Whyte and Pudding Chisora.

My pudding rankings will be all over the place with Tony Dosh PPV replacing Pudding Whyte as the lineal King Pudding.

5. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Your consistency is astounding.

Hattonmad likes this.
  6. Wig

Wig Boxing Addict Full Member

May 31, 2010
    Absurdly decent post.

Suspect.chin and Pompey Junglist like this.
  7. Work the body

Work the body Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 5, 2015
    No I’m not worried for him. He’ll be alright. He is a multi millionaire after all lol. He can either carry on or retire afterward whatever. But the closer it gets I’m favouring Ruiz.

BitPlayerVesti and Accurate like this.
  8. Furiouspillows

Furiouspillows New Member banned Full Member

Nov 26, 2019
    I actually think he can potentially both outbox and stop ruiz he outboxed him first couple of rounds and dropped him heavily in the third, but in ruiz he encountered an opponent who clearly in hindsight he needed to soften up before trying to finish.

Even the most Ardent Joshua fans need to now accept that the guy is vulnerable in the whiskers, but that doesnt mean he has suddenly lost his offensive abilities.

His gameplan should be to cone in with the best cardio he can, move around, only let power shots go if ruiz is lined up, dont hang around in the pocket.

I wouldnt be that shocked if he stops ruiz late on in the fight.

TheRevAshton and Potwash like this.
  9. nurological

May 25, 2012
    I would be shocked if Joshua can apply those tactics for 12 without gassing.

velagod likes this.
  10. Ian_k

Ian_k Active Member Full Member

May 8, 2012
    Joshua needs to get him out inside 4 rounds otherwise he ****ed

11. Furiouspillows

Furiouspillows New Member banned Full Member

Nov 26, 2019
    Its a good point, his stamina is very ropey but Ruiz also shows his weight late on in fights, if it gets past 8-9 rounds itll become a very slow paced affair.

12. Lord Burghley

Lord Burghley I Squeeze Muscles Full Member

Nov 21, 2019
    Wonder if we’re in for a surprise, like AJ suddenly having stamina to go 40 rounds. Eddie, wanted this fight out of the UK and USA for a reason. It wasn’t because of the reasons he stated. Ruiz, needs a knockout. The deck has been stacked.

13. nurological

May 25, 2012
    Oh there is no doubt he will be juiced up.

14. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Nothing wrong with joshuas stamina....at least until he gets hurt anyway. If he stays away from damage....he can go 12 rounds...already done it against parker without too much trouble. Everytime his staminas been bad its always been after hes been hurt. Dillon whyte....was after whyte hurt him. Klitchko was the same....just dont think people noticed the punch that drained joshua...carl froch did in the commentary....and andy ruiz. Apart from that joshua fights at a high pace for a big man. Hes been blowing in a few fights but not enough to suggest he has poor stamina.

Different ball game when he gets hurt tho....his whole system shuts down. Stamina goes. Power/speed as well.

I think hes gonna try and fight it out tho. Hard to stay away from ruiz for 12 with joshuas skillset and ruiz,s fast hands. He,ll mix it up with boxing etc but got a feeling their gonna have a surprise for ruiz when it does turn into a fight. Think up till now they,ve taught him boxing and athletics without teaching him how to actually fight when necessary. Which your gonna need at that level eventually. Hes just relying on heart when hes fighting back against ruiz etc think they,ve been fighting it out in sparring....when or if it does become a firefight think their gonna try and push ruiz back. Thats what i,d do anyway. Box him...but when ruiz does manage to close the gap....push him back. He was stuck between styles in that first fight....he couldnt box ruiz from the outside. Wasnt good enough to do it...and didnt try push him back. Stuck without any answers. The way to stop ruiz when your joshua is to push him back. Doesnt have the skill to discourage him any other way. Will get caught trying to box him on the back foot without having the skill to stop ruiz coming forward otherwise and not having the skill to outpoint him on the outside or not tske damage.

15. Lord Burghley

Lord Burghley I Squeeze Muscles Full Member

Nov 21, 2019
    AJ, has always relied on his physical advantages to over power his opponents. Now supposedly, AJ will need to be taught new fighting skills to overcome Ruiz? When it comes down too it, AJ will revert back to what he knows. AJ, is going to be hit and hurt at some point, and like always he’s going to stiffen up. Just a matter of when.

sauhund II, chico g and Suspect.chin like this.