Worse chin in boxing history?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Nawfal, Jun 24, 2007.

1. Nawfal

Nawfal Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    Only include TV fighters

I think the worse i have ever seen is:

1) Herbie Hide
    2) Michael Grant

2. Nawfal

Nawfal Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    herbie the dancing destroyer hide

[yt]pq-KZVyGkqU[/yt]

[yt]kj_cJn0PuNI[/yt]

3. David Tua

David Tua Future Heavyweight Champ Full Member

Jun 29, 2006
  4. Vantage_West

Vantage_West ヒップホップ·プロデューサー Full Member

Jul 11, 2006
    :good i can tell your joking..you are joking:think

lennox had a good chin

5. Vantage_West

Jul 11, 2006
    michael grant i dont think could take a punch but his determination was amazing when lennox landed that right hand and made grant look like he was shot....he got up in 6 secounds

diego coralles anyone couildnt take a punch but could get up alot

6. bigjake

bigjake Active Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    lewis' chin wasn't bad,i think of a lot of other heavies with a worse chin

7. A-50

A-50 Active Member Full Member

Jan 28, 2007
    You have to have Roy Jones Jr on that list.

8. Vantage_West

Jul 11, 2006
    well i would agree it wasnt rock granite styly

but those shots scary the tarver shot made roy jones fly across the ring,and glen johnson landed that right hand on the temple a tryely cracking shot aswell.

i would say weak but these wernt powder puff stuff

9. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Southside Slugger Full Member

Dec 30, 2005
  10. brick city

brick city Member Full Member

Oct 12, 2006
  11. Brickhaus

Brickhaus Packs the house Full Member

Mar 14, 2007
    If by journeyman you mean former 2-time belt holder at heavyweight, and if by HW you mean CW, then sure.

I'm sure whoever had the worst chin in history didn't make it into the public's consciousness. You really have to limit this to champions with the worst chin.

12. Snakefist

Snakefist Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 20, 2007
    Roy Jones chin was never weak, I would say it was either average or a little above. In his fights with clinton Woods he got hit with some hard shots and took them well against the ropes, in his fight with Ruiz he ate a few right hands back to back and took them well to even return exchanges (Ruiz has a underrated right hand that is very sneaky, he rocked Rahman with it in their fight way more then it ever did Roy), and in Roys first fight with Tarver (which people seem to forget) Roy was hit clean a whole bunch and was never rocked imo. The problem about his KO loss to Tarver is that Tarver who had his eyes closed just like Roy in that exchange caught him when he was throwing a very wide left hook from way too far out of distance. If you watch the punch Roy never say it coming, his face was like to the side. I knew Roy was going to eventually get KO'd like that when his reflexes diminished enough so that he could get caught when he broke the rules like he usually did in his prime and get away with it. His fight with Johnson, the was a KO due to accumulative damage.

The guy was getting his ass handed to him the whole fight from the opening bell. So he ate a bunch of right hands and other punch combinations while doing nothing but rope a dope without success for 9 rounds. I don't consider that a weak chin, I consider that completely ******ed. Had Glen johnson knocked him out in the 1st round with a single right hand that he saw it would signify to me that he has a weak chin. In the first tarver fight it was a war of wills, he got hit clean with all tarvers shots and ate them up, which made the KO loss in the 2nd fight all the more weird, but he got caught by a punch he was never prepared for because he was punching from a bad position (hit on the temple as well). It's kinda like his first KD ever by the guy Lou, which was a harder shot then what Tarver landed on him and he never saw it coming . But that was a prime Roy who had not been wieght drained so he got up shock off the dust and beat the guy. People just mention Roy, because they all prayed for the day he got KO'd because of his egotism.

13. brooklyn1550

brooklyn1550 Roberto Duran Full Member

Mar 4, 2006
    Herbie Hide's chin is one of the worst I've seen.

14. Snakefist

Feb 20, 2007

I'm sorry but the worst chin I have ever seen in boxing has to be Micheal Benniit or however you spell the guy name. The guy who fought in the Olympics, however in the pros could not take a punch at all. The way he was affected by punches that weren't even hard was a scary sight. I mean he got rocked to the point of KO from arm punches by people who aren't known for power it is amazing.

He had the worst chin ever, a nice current of wind would have him out on his feet. Pretty said too, he had decent skills.

15. Snakefist

Feb 20, 2007

Yeah... only need to look at his fights with Vitali and Ray Mercer. People act like KO loses by unexpected punches means your chin is china. He took good shots from tua, Ray, Viatali and etc.