Worst Nuthugger on ESB!!!

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by MSTR, Sep 13, 2007.

1. McGrain

McGrain Diamond Dog Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007
    CHJ's nuthuggery for Calzaghe isn't my problem with him at all. I love Calzaghe too, I think he's an excellent fighter, though as you know i'm dissapionted in his level of competition. What pisses me of where Joe is concerned is the way he despises the fighters of the past.

My position is this; fighters now and fighters from the 40s have absolute parity. The left hook that Louis threw is the same sort of punch that Lewis threw. Louis is an example of a fighter with really good footwork, but Hopkins has slightly better. Conn on the other hand has better footwork than Louis, Hopkins and possibly any other fighter fighting today. Now, I will tend to pick fighters over the past over ones from now only because there will tend to be more quality in the sum history of a thing than any given singular point (like right now) but I have no problem at all picking Mayweather over Zivic; that is not hard for me, I don't feel that it's betraying my position or any madness like that.

Now, you and CHJ both have a similair position on fighters from the past. They were ****. You or I could beat the best fighters of the 20's with a years training. Now, I find that position ludicrous and laughable. The difference between you? I've seen you engage with the problem, indeed you and I have done so ourselves. He does not engage with the problem - but that still isn't it. You are sincere (though horribly misguided) - CHJ's entire construct is about Calzaghe. His entire position on the history of the sport I love is described by his feelings for Joe and the fact that it allows him to pick Cal over every fighter from the place he calls "the past". That is why it is by far the most all consuming nut-huggery on this board, and that is the answer to your questiong concerning why I don't like him.

Furthermore - have a look at the poll. Calzaghe fans aren't that bad in terms of the poll - but CHJ is a smart, smart guy and his influence is pervasive. I'll confess that my first thought was of him when considering the question. He actually makes it HARDER to like Calzaghe on this board without coming across as a nuthugger. But easier to pick him over Ezzard Charles, which is why I think you've found yourself aligned with him.

2. Boyd

Boyd Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 22, 2006
    Margo fighters are the worst. they've just shut up since he lost for now.

3. Toopretty

Toopretty Custom made Full Member

Jul 3, 2007
    :good Talk about getting owned..They had a good 2 year most feared welter run...now that he tripped busted his head and is bleeding to death on the curb they have no backbone.

4. China_hand_Joe

China_hand_Joe Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 21, 2006
    They weren't **** as such. But Montell Griffin is as good as the very, very best back then.

5. Ambition_Def

Ambition_Def **** the people. Full Member

Feb 4, 2006
    Oh please. You're so full of ****. He lost a close decision to a 6'2 162 lb welterweight on his way up. So what.

His career ain't over. When it is then we can talk.

6. DoumB

DoumB HOYA KO1 PRESSCOT Full Member

Sep 18, 2006
    pac fans are the most delusional for sure

7. cross_trainer

cross_trainer Liston was good, but no "Tire Iron" Jones Full Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Why?

8. cross_trainer

cross_trainer Liston was good, but no "Tire Iron" Jones Full Member

Jun 30, 2005
    It all goes back to a Marciano vs. Fitzsimmons debate involving SuzieQ49, myself, and JimmyShimmy. We ultimately came to the conclusion that Fitzsimmons weighed 167 pounds.

In any event, while I have an affinity for the guy, I try not to let it cloud my judgment too much. Perhaps I overemphasize his abilities within his own weightclass, but I'm pretty sure he loses to most of the heavyweights of the past.

Still looking forward to the Calzaghe/Fitzsimmons debate when it comes. :D

9. ApatheticLeader

ApatheticLeader is bringing ***y back. Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    Ah, that's a good one :good

10. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 7, 2007
    Picked Pac fans.

I'm pinoy myself but I cringe when I see certain stuff being said at Pacland. Not to mention some are intentionally being dicks and racists-- came across a youtube video where they call a man a ****** ****** for saying Barrera will beat Pac. Not cool.

11. Shamrock

Shamrock Active Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
  12. TheGreat

TheGreat Boxing Junkie banned

Jan 12, 2005
    Klit fans hands down.

13. El Bombasto

El Bombasto Ask yo momma Full Member

May 23, 2006
    jack presscot, that boy is in love with delahoya

14. SugarRay

SugarRay Active Member Full Member

Mar 18, 2006
    I don;t know but, there is one fan that stands out and you should have put him on the list by himself...Bigtime9.

15. puga_ni_nana

puga_ni_nana Dempsey Roll Full Member

Apr 14, 2007
    of course in pacland. but in esb? most pinoys here knows pac's limitations and are quite reasonable. some just try to depend him when some idiots here tends to be racist.