Would a fighter be an ATG to you if 5 of your last 11 came of a loss?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Starched Him, Feb 8, 2019.

1. acie2g

acie2g Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 21, 2010
    Listening I understand the man manny is a legend to do what he did regardless of circumstances is incredible and hard to do saying that though if you wanted to do an in depth breakdown.
    Take Morales for example yes he fought Pacquiao 3 times and went 1-2 but coming into the first fight he was coming off a tough close loss to Barrea in the rematch I believe, then after beating manny he lost to Raheem, Pacquiao twice then went on a 3 fight losing streak after before retiring for 2 years between 2003 I wanna say until 2006 Erik went 1-7 with the one win coming in the first Pacquiao fight.
    Almost all of manny too wins during that streak were like that, someone brought up Miguel Cotto, Cotti after getting beatdown by Margarito won a vacant belt in a fight most people thought he lost then fought manny and got beatdown again at a catchweight after he took the longest break ever in his career moved up in weight, Cotto out his own mouth said that the Margarito fight damaged him mentally and it wasnt until he beat him in the rematch that he was ever able to really recover, after Margarito II Pacquiao refused to rematch Cotto unless at 147, and refused to fight Mayweather so cotto and Mayweather fought each other

2. Starched Him

Starched Him Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 5, 2009
    the good timing you speak of is called cherry picking
    dont forget he fought clottey coming off a loss but made cotto fight at a catchweight