I was just thinking, if Cotto gets the job done on Saturday and actually taunts Floyd like Ricky did after the fight do people think Floyd would come back?, imagine Cotto saying to Kellerman "He's a coward and never wanted to fight me" or something similar could the pretty boy resist?, i'm not sure he could, if Arum wants that incredible fight to take place he'll be telling Cotto to shoot his mouth off if he beats Margo.
Bait?, don't think so. You make it sound like Mayweather will fall into a trap he can't fight his way out of, don't fall for media hype and hating posts easily, use your brain. Mayweather has the tools to put Cotto in serious trouble.
That would be a complete character switch for him, he isn't likely to talk about Floyd unless someone asks him a direct question.
If you've seen my posts in the past Scar you'll know who i feel would win this fight, my main point is whether this fight can ever happen?, and one way to make it a reality could be if Cotto opens his mouth, you **** Floyd off and next thing you know he's telling Lenard to "sign the ****ing contract" .
If there was a huge, huge offer on the table (keep in mind that Floyd cancelled a gigantic payday in a DLH rematch) and Floyd is bored right now. That means more than someone "calling you out". That's just for internet boxing fans to get unnecessary erections. "Oh my god, he called him out!!!" Mayweather and Hatton were in negotiations for a year and a half before Hatton insulted him after the Castillo KO.
Ah now I got your point, took it the wrong way my apologies, with all the idiotic haters here you really can't blame me. You have a point though, Hatton succeeded and easily, Cotto can do the same.
I dont think so. I honestly think PBF knows there is too much risk of losing to Cotto. Anyone who thought Hatton actually had a chance to beat PBF does not know boxing. Cotto has a really really good chance.
The verbal taunts are meant for the general audience. These boxers nowadays are businessmen, the insults take no part in the decision process. If the incentives are there and the return is worth the risk and the efforts, he'll take the fight, insults or not.
No problem :good , but yeah i mean i guess it depends on what Arum and co want to do, if they wanna get this massive fight on they'll do what i said, because i really can't see Floyd being able to contain himself if Cotto has the guts to say his name, and with the added needle involved it would be absolutely huge, that's one of the reason why the Hatton fight got people so emotionally involved because of the hate between the two fighters.
I think so but Cotto hasn't exactly been calling him out like Hatton did. If he said something like "he ran to retirement to avoid me", he would definetly take the bait.
If Cotto feels the same way then he'll open his mouth and say so instead of giving us the old "company" line .
Dunno about that Mosley was a pretty big risk and Cotto has plenty of years to surpass Floyd if he stays retired.
Cotto just made it clear that he's not into that stuff of being too loud, he just relies on whatever his promoter thinks is best to fight and they're doing a great job so far. Mayweather also knows that if he returns only 1 name is worth fighting right now that could bring a major fight and Cotto is the one. I'm sure Mayweather will have comments after this fight is over with if Cotto won't, let's wait.