Would Hatton have lasted longer v Bud than Horn did at 147?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by mark ant, Sep 11, 2019.

1. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    Would be earlier than the Floyd fight as Bud is a fair bit more physical. Between 6-8 I'd say

2. titanic

titanic Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 7, 2016
    In Hatton's prime, No problem. He was slick then and can move well. SD/UD for Hatton.

3. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Bud would have dusted him off inside 5.

4. notjustacasual

notjustacasual Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Jun 3, 2019
    Honestly Hatton wasn't a power puncher, he was a guy who wore opponents down through attrition. At 140 and when he wasn't late in his career he had pretty good chin for a guy with such a leaky defence, but a combination of lifestyle and fighting at 147 where he was too small really did a number on his chin.

He was literally out on his feet against Lazscano, and saved by the ref allowing stalling tactics. People forget that and it's total proof that his chin was totally gone. So it was no surprise Pac dispatched of him in the fashion he did.

As far as the question, Hatton was a far superior fighter to Jeff Horn, Horn is a big unskilled oaf who won off Size and dirty tricks, I've seen more skill at a boxercise class. but against Crawford he wouldn't have the big size advantage Horn had.

If we are talking about a young, prime Hatton before he started to slide, he would last till late with Crawford with a slim slim chance of making it all 12 if it's Hatton towards the end of his career Crawford sleeps him earlier than Horn got stopped.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    Angler Andrew likes this.
  5. Nonito Smoak

Nonito Smoak Ioka>Lomo, sorry my dudes Full Member

Sep 8, 2010
    It wouldn't look quite like the Molina match. Hatton would get in range. I feel Crawford would block all the relevancy from flurries but I think Hatton would be throwing them.